• F

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
B.

Wheeler and Gustafsson were fantastic value adds. Belzile too.

I won't be happy if Bonino and/or Pitlick play any significant amount of games. They're both cooked.

Quick is whatever. If he can give the team 10 wins that's a coup. Still think he doesn't have the right mentality to be a back up, but ironically I see him being just fine if he ever needs to play a long stretch of games. He'll post better numbers with a larger workload.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
B.

Wheeler and Gustafsson were fantastic value adds. Belzile too.

I won't be happy if Bonino and/or Pitlick play any significant amount of games. They're both cooked.

Quick is whatever. If he can give the team 10 wins that's a coup. Still think he doesn't have the right mentality to be a back up, but ironically I see him being just fine if he ever needs to play a long stretch of games. He'll post better numbers with a larger workload.
Hopefully Allaire can repair Quick and the whole team can get behind his chase for 392 wins

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I hate Drury, but even I'll admit that he made the most with the little he had (some of his own doing, but mostly because of Gorton).

Quick...eh. Let's hope he's motivated and we can squeeze every little last bit out of him.
Wheeler - fantastic value
Gustafsson - nice low-key signing. Let him battle Zac Jones. Good #7, if nothing else.
Belzile - great value.
Pitlick - great value.
Mackey - fine
Bonino - okay
Nash - good Wolfpack leader
Broulliard - who?

Reactions: Ruggs225

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
B seems right.

I would have given an A if Drury made a trade to clear out cap space and changed the core of the team. Today was about keeping the same core and adding depth. At that, Drury did well, but I’m not sold this core is good enough.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
B-

Quick - B
Wheeler - A
Gustafsson - C+
Belzile - B+
Pitlick - A-
Mackey - A
Bonino - F-
Nash - if he is only going to play in Hartford then A-
Broulliard - C

Reactions: mas0764

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Gave it a B. But I could have gone A considering the lack of cap to work with.

Last edited:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
B seems right.

I would have given an A if Drury made a trade to clear out cap space and changed the core of the team. Today was about keeping the same core and adding depth. At that, Drury did well, but I’m not sold this core is good enough.

And in fairness to him, I’m not sure there was a trade like that available to him this offseason

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Gave it a B. But B+. For the situation they are in, it was great.

Going to be a battle for the bottom line and the 3rd line RW spot. Goodrow, Vesey, Pitlick, Nash, Cuylle, Bonino, Belzile, Brodz, Othmann and Leschyshyn

Mackey and Gustafson are solid additions on D and moves Harpur further away from the NHL roster. Mackey, Gustafson and Jones will battle it our for the third pair LD.

Rangers need 20-25 good games out of Quick. I think he has that in him.

What makes these signings even better is their are all 1 year aside Nash and Belzile. And they are all under $1M which can easily be buried

Reactions: Crease

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Between a B and C for me. They didn’t do anything egregiously awful which is a nice surprise but I don’t think they did anything to address this team’s weaknesses. Really banking on coaching and continued growth from the kids to make a big difference which I guess I am ok with.

I really would have preferred to see some speed and energy injected into the bottom six but maybe that just couldn’t happen with the space we had available.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
If Drury was good like he was today since he took over, they wouldn’t be in this situation with the cap. Love Trocheck but he was not needed. . They could have added 2 checking centers and let Chytil develop with 2ed line ice time

Between a B and C for me. They didn’t do anything egregiously awful which is a nice surprise but I don’t think they did anything to address this team’s weaknesses. Really banking on coaching and continued growth from the kids to make a big difference which I guess I am ok with.

I really would have preferred to see some speed and energy injected into the bottom six but maybe that just couldn’t happen with the space we had available.

I still have hopes for Hathaway

Reactions: hockeyplayer999

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
If Drury was good like he was today since he took over, they wouldn’t be in this situation with the cap. Love Trocheck but he was not needed. . They could have added 2 checking centers and let Chytil develop with 2ed line ice time

Don’t hold your breath.

surlysailor

May 12, 2012
BK
I gave a c. I really like the wheeler & Gus signing, but would’ve like drury to take a gamble on some of the non qo players like boqvist or comtois. Similar wouldn’t mind a Yamamoto to be a 3rw.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Can’t really complain taking into account the lack of cap space. Wheeler was a big signing for us potentially. Rangers have had a good week in the draft and free agency

Reactions: haveandare

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I want to do a B+, but, in a move that's unusual for me, I'll go with an A.

I think the Wheeler signing was great and I think the Quick signing could also be really good.

The Gustafsson signing was excellent for the price. I've said a few times I'm not sold that Jones is ready, so having Gustafsson as insurance is very shrewd.

The rest of the depth pieces, everyone is apparently on a contract that can be completely buried. Bonino I think is still a good player even if his legs are dead. Pitlick should be solid depth. Maybe Nash is done, I don't know, but if he is at least he'll be helpful for Hartford. Belzile I don't know much about but like what I've read.

The two depth defensemen seem like solid signs. Mackey I remember from years ago when I really wanted to sign him. Haven't followed him since but sounds like he's okay. Brouillard has had a bizarre career but sounds like a really interesting player and is a nice story.

Lot of good depth moves in addition to legitimate contributors in Wheeler, Gustafsson, and Quick, with basically no commitment. I understand some wanted to have a more dramatic reconfiguration of things, but that's apparently not in the cards. So if we're giving it another go with this core, this is about as good as we could do, I think. Acknowledging there still could be more to come.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
considering what other guys got and us having basically zero cap room not sure how this isn''t anything other than a an A or A-.

Pierre Engvall signed a 7 year deal at $3m per.

Ryan Reaves signed a 3 year deal at $1.35m per.

Lars Eller signed a two year deal for $2.45m per.

Drury signed Wheeler, Quick and Gustafsson for the same amount Lars Eller got. Like WTF was he supposed to do in order to get an A? Come up with a loophole that lets him pay $120m against the cap?

will1066

Oct 12, 2008

KAM and Laf are the two last roster spots

blinknyr182

Dec 16, 2017
Brooklyn
I go A.... we got deeper and a bit better especially with the Wheeler signing and took absolutely no risks that we could not afford to.... idk how anyone could complain.... everything still rides on Laf and Kakko taking steps forward and Panarin remembering he's Panarin in the playoffs...all that was never changing this summer

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Pierre Engvall signed a 7 year deal at $3m per.

Ryan Reaves signed a 3 year deal at $1.35m per.

Lars Eller signed a two year deal for $2.45m per.

Drury signed Wheeler, Quick and Gustafsson for the same amount Lars Eller got. Like WTF was he supposed to do in order to get an A? Come up with a loophole that lets him pay $120m against the cap?
Yep 100 percent. It's even better than signing Kane if by some miracle he would have taken 2ish million. He got 3 guys for that price basically.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Kane will be invited to camp on a PTO. That's my guess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad