Post-Game Talk: Gorton & Hughes End of Season Media Avail 9:30Am EST

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Listening to Eric Raymond (goalie coach) I’m reminded just how long it takes to develop a goalie. Primeau is still a baby but he’s actually 24 years old and he’s just starting to look like an NHL G.

He’s mature enough now to know that it’s all mental for a G, that thinking when between the pipes is your enemy because you start to overanalyse and get desperate. That position is just so hard. Kudos to Cayden for consulting which the psychologist and getting where he needed to be mentally. He ended with a .910 sv %, so I’m thrilled about it.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Man, watching Gorton and Hughes doing this presser.. I'm just completely at easy. They are intelligent and articulate. they have a plan and they seem to understand alot of the same shit we all discuss in here. they know what's up and they are pretty straight up about it.

I didn't agree with all their decisions so far. but man they are proving themselves right again and again.

so, I got faith ... this summer they will make only the acquisitions that make 100% sense. then go into this year trying to fight for a wildcard but also understanding that it's not end of the world if we miss as long as their is notable Improvements.

I truly belive summer '25 is the year they go big game hunting for play off contention and more.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Man, watching Gorton and Hughes doing this presser.. I'm just completely at easy. They are intelligent and articulate. they have a plan and they seem to understand alot of the same shit we all discuss in here. they know what's up and they are pretty straight up about it.

I didn't agree with all their decisions so far. but man they are proving themselves right again and again.

so, I got faith ... this summer they will make only the acquisitions that make 100% sense. then go into this year trying to fight for a wildcard but also understanding that it's not end of the world if we miss as long as their is notable Improvements.

I truly belive summer '25 is the year they go big game hunting for play off contention and more.

You want loyalty, you buy a dog.

Guys like Shea Weber’s, when they are available you don’t ask for more.

First round draft picks just are not available to acquire

First line centers must be drafted, you can not acquire them through trade.

Agree for everything but the team. So many unlikeable bums on this roster.
I mean, some of them sure. You’ll always have that.

The young core though? Come on, they’re great.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
You want loyalty, you buy a dog.

Guys like Shea Weber’s, when they are available you don’t ask for more.

First round draft picks just are not available to acquire

First line centers must be drafted, you can not acquire them through trade.

I mean, some of them sure. You’ll always have that.

The young core though? Come on, they’re great.
Of course I don't dislike Suzuki, CC, Slaf, Guhle, Xhekaj, Roy, Mailloux, Hutson, Primeau etc....
It's the rest of the roster.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

Crazy what we had to go through , absolute nincompoop dinosaurs who deserve to be on the antichambre couches with the other mononcles , instead they were our management.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Of course I don't dislike Suzuki, CC, Slaf, Guhle, Xhekaj, Roy, Mailloux, Hutson, Primeau etc....
It's the rest of the roster.
Yeah, I thought that.. but just remember the guys you hate won’t be here for the long haul. They’ll be removed at some point.

They’re kind of in inconsequential

Reactions: Rozz and Gravity

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Slaf has taken off
Suzuki has been been more consistent
CC not as expected but still finish strong
Newhook also finish strong
Armia don’t call it a come back
Roy showed he can play top 9
Dach was one of our best player adding him should be big…
Evans reliable
Dvorak need to step up
Gallagher overpaid and lost a step but still give 110%
Yolonen/ Pezz / RHP we’re just guys
Anderson started off has unlucky but keep sinking and by the end he didn’t provide any energy, physicality or defence…

Matheson legit top end D
Hutson step in without missing a beat
Guhle already to take the next step
Mailloux got is 1st game in, less distraction for next year.
Savard is still able to keep up
Xhekaj/ Struble/ Barron/ Harris / Kovacevic can all play in the NHL
+ we have Reinbacher
So we might have 10 guys for 7 spots we have a lot of flexibility on D and a few can start in the AHL so will have time to make move that need to be made.

Monty isn’t costing us game
Primeau it is up and down but perfectly fine for a backup

Beside Anderson and Gallagher contract there is a lot of positive

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
I don’t expect them to keep that Jets pick. I fully expect that to be traded for current help.
I also think that this is the plan, but KH said something that got me thinking that he wont make a deal just to make a deal. He'll ok to wait if he can't find his man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad