Post-Game Talk: Gorton & Hughes End of Season Media Avail 9:30Am EST

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
He's clearly MSL's right hand man. He leans a lot on him, which is why he's always next to MSL behind the bench.

Burrows runs the PP and that's been dreadful. Burrows should be gone. But in saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if he is brought back.
agreed, not all posters feel the same

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He's clearly MSL's right hand man. He leans a lot on him, which is why he's always next to MSL behind the bench.

Burrows runs the PP and that's been dreadful. Burrows should be gone. But in saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if he is brought back.
That’s actually why I would do the opposite. I think the experience coach need to be MSL right hand man.

And the PP is not only Burrows, MSL probably have more control on the PP then Burrows himself. He’s on charge of the forward and they showed good progression

Reactions: teamfirst

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
don't we have free cap space next season? Like he said maybe aquire a solid RD on a short term contract or sign an UFA
Cap space is not the issue, roster space is.

For forwards:
Slaf-Suzuki-CC
Newhook-Dach-Roy
Anderson-Dvorak-Gallagher
RHP-Evans-Armia

As much as I'd love to waive Anderson, it won't happen. Maybe we sign someone as an upgrade on RHP but there's really no room for anyone else.

Fro dmen:
Guhle-Savard
Matheson-X
X-X

Then some combination of Xhekaj, Struble, Harris, Barron, Mailloux, Hutson, Reinbacher, and Kovacevic. Sure some will go to Laval and a guy like Kovacevic will be an extra, but that's still way too many dmen. There's really no point in adding someone that will be longer than 1 year since you want to give a chance to guys like Hutson/Mailloux/Reinbacher to make the team and play meaningful minutes.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

For forwards:
Slaf-Suzuki-CC
Newhook-Dach-Roy
RHP-Evans-Armia

As much as I'd love to waive Anderson, it won't happen. Maybe we sign someone as an upgrade on RHP but there's really no room for anyone else.

Fro dmen:
Guhle-Savard
Matheson-X
X-X

Then some combination of Xhekaj, Struble, Harris, Barron, Mailloux, Hutson, Reinbacher, and Kovacevic. Sure some will go to Laval and a guy like Kovacevic will be an extra, but that's still way too many dmen. There's really no point in adding someone that will be longer than 1 year since you want to give a chance to guys like Hutson/Mailloux/Reinbacher to make the team and play meaningful minutes.
they will extend Slaf so some coin gone

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I just want him off the team by any means. He is a poor influence.
He's not a match with MSL.

MSL tried at the end of last year to have him play less straight ahead and crash the net, and take more time to survey and read the play. We see when he does that he still can't survey and read the play and it just prevents him from taking the puck to the net - the power pony's one trick.

Definitely would be better to move him. But I'm fine with a 4th line of RHP - Evans - Anderson. I think they could actually perfom at the level of a mid team 3rd line, which is fine for a 4th line.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
What’s wrong with our goaltending? It certainly isn’t a priority right now.
I don't see in Montenbault or Primeau a starter you go far with for a cup run. And I don't think we have to wait to aquire a #1 goaltender when you are ready to contend for the cup since they are hard to get, you plan ahead.

I know people will be against it but I wouldn't be against drafting a goalie with WPG first (if there is one that is ranked around late 20 this year).

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don't see in Montenbault or Primeau a starter you go far with for a cup run. And I don't think we have to wait to aquire a #1 goaltender when you are ready to contend for the cup since they are hard to get, you plan ahead.

I know people will be against it but I wouldn't be against drafting a goalie with WPG first (if there is one that is ranked around late 20 this year).
There isn’t and Dobes/Fowler/Volokhin have shown enough that it shouldn’t be addressed this year.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

For forwards:
Slaf-Suzuki-CC
Newhook-Dach-Roy
RHP-Evans-Armia

Fro dmen:
Guhle-Savard
Matheson-X
X-X

True. Any acquisition should be a player that is expected to be part of the nucleus long term.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Why? There are 3 potential #1's in the pipeline. Fowler, Volokhin and Dobes. Also Miller if he isn't a glass body,. No need to waste a high pick on a goaltender that will be farther away than any of them. In any event I don't think there is a Price in this years draft.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
There isn’t and Dobes/Fowler/Volokhin have shown enough that it shouldn’t be addressed this year.
So what is the plan, drafting two forwards this year in the first round? Since I doubt they go for a defense in the late first, we have enough quantity on the blue line.

Why? There are 3 potential #1's in the pipeline. Fowler, Volokhin and Dobes. Also Miller if he isn't a glass body,. No need to waste a high pick on a goaltender that will be farther away than any of them. In any event I don't think there is a Price in this years draft.
Didn't know they were considered potential #1.Would you say they project to be better than Primeau and Montembault?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad