News Article: Gordie Howe Passes Away

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Here's a great tribute from when he fell ill.

Rest in peace Mr. Hockey

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Oh man, this one is hard.

Rest In Peace Gordie Howe.

Got a lot of chances to see him play in person, and with his sons in the WHA. Plus watching him in the NHL.

Years, years before Wayne Gretzky was an Oiler the picture and articles of Gordie and Wayne (who was around 10) came out and I remember reading that and wondering what it would be like to see the kid play, and who Howe anointed as the next one.

This had me having dreams of Edmonton having a pro club and Wayne being on it some day. (I'm not kidding) Some kids have wet dreams, I had Wayne Gretzky and Gordie Howe playing in Edmonton dreams.

It was so surreal and magical when Wayne Gretzky became an Oiler, with a pro team in Edmonton, that became an NHL team. sorry for the aside.

The King of hockey is gone.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
While the arguments will rage on forever as to the greatest player of all time is, it is pretty much certain that Howe is the most complete player of all time.

Highly skilled, ferocious, vastly underrated defensively, with consistency and longevity that will never be surpassed.

Godspeed, Mr. Hockey.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
While the arguments will rage on forever as to the greatest player of all time is, it is pretty much certain that Howe is the most complete player of all time.

Highly skilled, ferocious, vastly underrated defensively, with consistency and longevity that will never be surpassed.

Godspeed, Mr. Hockey.

Gordie Howe was so tough, I thought he was going to last forever.

when the best players to ever play the game defer to your greatness, you're Mr. Hockey indeed.

RIP

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
This one really hits home, a deep pit of sadness when I heard the news. The man had a great life. Thank you for everything you did for the game Mr. Howe, you were a trailblazer through and through.

Rest in peace.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
From all the accounts of Mr Hockey, he seems like he might just be one of the best human beings ever to grace the world with his presence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad