Good Floor Hockey Puck???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank19

Apr 11, 2005
We've been messing around trying to find the right puck for our floor hockey league.
Right now we're using those hollow hard plastic orange pucks. They're terrible as they sting like mothers and they bounce, roll, flip over to the point where you can barely control them.

We tried using a felt puck, which was awesome but it was gray and hard to pick up for some of the guys.

When I was in high school my gym coach found a puck in Toronto that was incredible. It was made of soft rubber so it didn't hurt nearly as much as the hard plastic pucks and it always stayed flat on the floor. Unfortunately, some dingus in our gym class stole the puck and I've never seen one like it since.
I've gone to various sporting goods stores and I've found some similar but not nearly as good.

Does anyone here play floor hockey? And if you do, would you know of the puck I'm talking about?

Thanks!

BAuldie

Apr 5, 2004
Nanaimo, B.C.
We play with the felt puck and I find it great.. i've played goal with it as well and had no issues seeing it whatsoever. I can see it being a problem though I guess.. it is a dark greyish colour.

I do love the felt pucks though.. only draw back is that the wrist shots can go a little wonky sometimes due to the lack of weight in the puck.

Hank19

Apr 11, 2005
BAuldie said:
We play with the felt puck and I find it great.. i've played goal with it as well and had no issues seeing it whatsoever. I can see it being a problem though I guess.. it is a dark greyish colour.

I do love the felt pucks though.. only draw back is that the wrist shots can go a little wonky sometimes due to the lack of weight in the puck.

I agree. The felt puck is awesome! A bunch of the guys love it but some have said they can't pick it up very well because of it's colour. We even tried to bleach it but that didn't work very well.

And Chris, no, it didn't have a black disc in the middle. It was solid orange and hollow. But it was made of a real soft rubber so that it didn't hurt nearly as much as the plastic pucks.

I've found some websites that sell a bunch of different floor hockey pucks. I might just gamble and buy a few of their brands hoping that one of them is the one I've been looking for.

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad