Post-Game Talk: Good enough!

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
The goal was mostly on McLeod imo. Got beat in the corner (once again just limply waved his stick in Pettersson's general direction instead of taking the body along the boards) and then didn't take a man in front of the net.

Ah right McLeod too. Forgot his “play” led to that who sequence. Guy is huge yet is more chicken than Robert Nilsson ever was

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Unless he falls ill or gets hurt I agree. Otherwise they would've started Pickard last game too. We basically have two game 7's in a row since our season was on the line yesterday too.
Yes...for sure. The team essentially has to play 2 elimination games.
This will be the Canucks first game in these playoffs where they can be eliminated.
We have seen how the Oilers react in that type of situation.
Now we will see how the Canucks react.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

I liked Kane tonight @Stoneman89 . Played physical and was involved. Best moment of the game was after Holloway scored. According to Rishaug- Holloway was just vibrating and pumped with energy- apparently Kane went to him and told him to calm down and keep it going. Vet move coming over to a kid to make sure he keeps his emotions in check and refocus him
Sorry, at this point, I put little stock in whatever your opinion on Kane is. Obviously we see and interpret different things, so whatever. Kane was okay tonight, as I think his sports hernia has really been bothering him, but he's fighting through it. Can't imagine the pain, discomfort and limitations it's providing and I'm sure it will all get looked after immediately when the playoffs are over, Until then, he's gutting it out. I thought he was excellent in the Kings series and also really good in games 2 and 3 of this series, but not quite as good lately. But when some people see a goal, or an assist, they tend to overlook the body of work for that game. A guy can have a great game and impact on it, by not generating one point, but hitting posts and crossbars and having goalies make unreal saves on them, or just plain, dumb bad luck. Seduced by stats, I would say. Hopefully he's able to ramp it up and suck it up. They're going to need him badly going forward, whether that's one game or into June.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I thought we played good enough to win against a seemingly disinterested Canucks squad that was playing with house money and believe they can get the job done at home in front of their fans. I sure hope we can pull it out, but my head says this probably isn't going to end well.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
It would be great to see some video but I heard that after the game ended Carrick was skating up to a few Canuck players and going eye to eye.
Apparently he was also giving it to Soucy all game.
The team needs more of that.

He had an excellent game as well.
10:29 TOI...58% on faceoffs...credited with 6 hits.
Knoblauch has to play him on Monday.

I've been screaming to get Carrick back in since Knoblauch took him out.

Dude is money.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
First game where the defence held and more importantly didn't show any bend.
All 3 pairings kept things in control and didn't let guys in behind them. Haven't seen that since the games in LA.

Carrick was a welcome addition to the 4th line.

Ryan also fits better than Perry with what Foegele and McLeod are trying to do (Get the puck, just get it deep, and then force the other team to go 200ft. with the two of them pestering the entire way). The fact this move wasn't made earlier should be maligned.

Though I'd argue that Perry would have also looked far more effective had he played with a combo of Janmark and Brown vs. McLeod and McLovin, but that's Carrick's advantage of being a centre.
Agreed, tor sure our best defensive effort yet against these Nucks. No egregious mistakes. Every Nucks shot somewhat contested leading to them missing shots or not placing it well.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
How many high danger chances did he actually face? I feel like Picard vastly outplayed him in that losing effort.
Game 5 Nucks expected goals 4.28 vs 3 actual goal allowed

Game 6 Nucks expected goals 2.73 vs 1 actual goal allowed

Both goalies did their job. Analytically Skinner had the slight edge in goals saved above expected. But yes, he wasn’t tested very much, not that that Skinner’s fault.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Koni17

Jan 26, 2017
Not sure if these dudes were already posted, but they perfectly embodied how I felt after each goal, so I had to make a gif.
OilersGoal-ezgif.com-speed.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad