Post-Game Talk: Good enough!

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
It was a phenomenal atmosphere all around.
After going to just about every game for close to 40 years, I’ve been fine watching games from home. Tonight’s the first night in a while I can honestly say I’m jealous of you guys. What an atmosphere. I’ve watched the Kane prayer goal on loop about 50 times already and it gives me chills. You’ll remember this one for the rest of your life. Awesome for you guys.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
IMG_4952.jpeg

IMG_4951.jpeg

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Things I learned from the Nucks thread tonight:

They don't even know who Holloway is. "That player" can't walk through our whole team. Imagine a team with half a dozen pretenders in their lineup that they boost up as if they're some kind of thing and they describe Holloway as "that bum" Well, the bum scored a nicer goal than I've seen from a Canuck all playoffs.

Most posts there are one line if that. A single thought, a goldfish thought, ever changing.

Nuck humor is conjunctions that involve Taking McDavid, or Draisaitl name and merging it with cry. Oh the irony. Thats when they're not busy spelling coilers.

Most common flame is "Alberdum" Such wit!

It really is like grade school over there. Didn't see one post that is actually an expanded set of thoughts like a paragraph.

"Petey and Jane went up the hill and they didn't do anything else the rest of the f***ing game" "Humpty Hughes fell off the wall and they couldn't put him back together again"

Each player on the Nucks is either adored or hated all at the same time.

In the same pages posters are saying what are these asshats doing, WTF is going on followed by "I love this team so much"

The bandwagon over there is seconds long.

One post was funny: "Its a good thing Hughes has been such dogshit, he's taking some of the attention away from Petey" Well, that isn't really that good is it?
I just looked at the post game thread over there and it’s nothing like you described here. I only read the first few pages but it actually appears quite tame.

Reactions: Laodongxi

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ahh yes, ours is no cleaner
I guess to me its also a matter of how they try to mock the greatest players in hockey. The nucks are a fan base that could have their team playing against Bobby Orr and Phil Esposito and Gerry Cheevers and refer to them as a bunch of bums or cry babies. Just strikes me as strange from an org that have never ever had generational great players. They take the Calgary kind of penis envy and ratchet it up from there. They are somehow worse than Flames fans. No easy task.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
"The book" on silovs should be to get pucks high on him.

He was cleanly beaten by Kane. Kane even had time to setup. This was not a good goal. We'd all be pissed if skinner let in this type of goal.

Hyman same thing with a greasy goal from the hash marks. Again this wasn't the best goal to let in.

As well standard bouch bomb that no one can stop.

Silovs has a solid ground game that I'm sure a good goalie coach like Ian Clark can work with him on.

Game 7 get 35 shots on him and the majority up high and the goals will come.
That Hyman goal was an odd one. The pass was in his skates, but both Myers and Silvos were anticipating a one timer, which allowed him to gain control of it. That shot was a chip shot that rainbowed up and over them both (not sure if it was deflected or not).

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I guess to me its also a matter of how they try to mock the greatest players in hockey. The nucks are a fan base that could be playing Bobby Orr and Phil Esposito and Gerry Cheevers and refer to them as a bunch of bums or cry babies. Just strikes me as strange from an org that have never ever had generational great players. They take the Calgary kind of penis envy and rachet it up from there. They are somehow worse than Flames fans. No easy task.
I’m certainly not defending Nucks fans, just saying gdt’s during the games are usually nothing but complaining and I wouldn’t bother reading some other org’s gdt’s for my own sanity lol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That Hyman goal was an odd one. The pass was in his skates, but both Myers and Silvos were anticipating a one timer, which allowed him to gain control of it. That shot was a chip shot that rainbowed up and over them both (not sure if it was deflected or not).
Myers scored that one essentially, I think. Seemed to ramp up off him. We're finally starting to get some bounces.

We were getting in areas pretty easily last night and getting those close in goals and tips like Nuge goal. usually that hasn't been too available in the series. Nucks D are tiring out. Forwards have stopped back pressure. Some wide open spaces.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I’m certainly not defending Nucks fans, just saying gdt’s during the games are usually nothing but complaining and I wouldn’t bother reading some other org’s gdt’s for my own sanity lol
I was listening to some music and just wanted something to read for a laugh. its good on that behalf. For awhile.

Gotta wonder what the Viking is fighting through. Only 15 mins TOI tonight
I spend time wondering how the Viking genes skipped Pettersson, Hoglander, and Lindholm.

I would take Ekholm against all 3 in a cage match. Just saying.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I was listening to some music and just wanted something to read for a laugh. its good on that behalf. For awhile.

I spend time wondering how the Viking genes skipped Pettersson, Hoglander, and Lindholm.

I would take Ekholm against all 3 in a cage match. Just saying.
What are you rocking tonight?

• Haha
Reactions: Drivesaitl

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Anyone know if Henrique plays game 7?
Would be really nice to get him back, but I think he slots in on the 3rd line if he can go. Top 6 is humming and loving Holloway's speed with Drai. Henrique would be a welcomed addition to the bottom 6 though if he can go. He's a scoring threat if he gets his looks and he's pretty good around the net. Think Perry should be out again and maybe work his way back in at some point if the Oil advance. Too slow right now and might need some rest to be effective. Maybe not an every game kind of player in playoffs at this point in his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad