Post-Game Talk: Good enough!

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Silovs sure looked tired. I think the whole Canucks team did. No push from them tonight. Oilers played decent defensively but they didn't have to do much. Kind of feel like Nucks were resting up just for a charge in game 7 but its a huge error. The Nucks best chance to take this is in a game 6. A vet Vegas club fully realized that was their only moment and got it done. This Nucks group, I still sit here wondering how this even has got to game 7. But thats kind of what you get when your starting goalie threw two games away. Its bizarre the series isn't over by now. Oilers have been the better team in 5 of the games.
We need to pepper Silovs. He’s played great but this schedule is brutal for a young goalie.

Keep the pressure up and we have a good chance next game

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not me. Been trying to put that out there on the mains since the LA series.

But the real narrative battle we need to win is the Bouch one. He’s so hilariously underrated by the league.
Booch should've been in Norris convo all along. I mean look at the head to head this series. Hughes is predictably just nothing and Booch is owning. Not even in same ballpark.

To put into perspective Booch would be leading the playoff scoring race if it were not for Draisaitl and McDavid being ahead. Thats some Bobby Orr production territory. Over PPG in regular season and now even more prolific pace in playoffs.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
We need to pepper Silovs. He’s played great but this schedule is brutal for a young goalie.

Keep the pressure up and we have a good chance next game
They were talking about that. He's never played this many games before in such limited time. Only thing similar in WC. He looks really tired. Wasn't sharp but the Oilers were peppering somewhat. He was much better in first 4 games. We didn't make him stop much of anything in game 5.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Anybody else see that steak on the ice and immediately think it’s @5 Mins 4 Ftg and that he smuggled it into the building in his underwear?

IMG_4621.jpeg

Took this pic right after I chucked it on the ice!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ekholm nursing a bug or an injury? Looked like a guy who was battling the flu to me.
The good news is players tend not to stay sick long and for some we're already talking one week duration. Game 7 our whole group should be over this and feeling about as good as its possible to feel in playoffs. Even if Nucks are over it too Oilers top end so much better and dominant.

One game for the marbles. Nucks had two shots and wasted one. Not a great idea probably.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I liked Carrick's game tonight. Second on the team with 6 hits, one behind Kane, and 58% on the dot. I think you have to keep him in the lineup ahead of Perry. He's doing more for the team at the moment.
First game we outhit the Nucks and it was a complete mystery why Carrick wasn't drawing in. Perry does nothing. Both Brown and Perry don't hit anything. Thats been my biggest disappointment with Perry. I would've expected him to still be physical even while struggling to produce. He's basically been reduced to between whistles stuff. Got his ass parked for a reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad