Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
They haven't been good but Skinner failure to make a big save is exposing them even worse

Skinner is statistically the worst goalie in the playoffs since Dan Cloutier...there's no sugar-coating that

its a goddamn fact
-5 in three games. Vegas and Colorado both crushed this duo. Maybe we should start expecting more from our second highest paid player. They’re not even getting matched up against top competition.

Maybe it goes hand in hand.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
It's time.

soupcan.jpg
Yep, Why not?

Silovs played the entire year in the AHL too. And look at what he’s doing in the Show.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
-5 in three games. Vegas and Colorado both crushed this duo. Maybe we should start expecting more from our second highest paid player. They’re not even getting matched up against top competition.

Maybe it goes hand in hand.
nah it doesn't
Skinner was a fraud against Vegas last year and got clowned by a 3rd stringer

and it's happening again

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
5 GA in his one AHL playoff game, not sure he's the answer. They have to ride Pickard now either to destiny or the golf course

Campbell has a decent track record in the playoffs in the NHL. He was great last year in his one appearance vs Vegas. At the end of the day I don't think it's possible for him to be worse than Skinner.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Parros will give soucey a pass because zadorov cross checked McDavid in the back. And of course no zadorov hearing. This league is a joke.

Reactions: BlackDogg and TB12

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Nuge needs to also be held accountable. Other then longevity, I really dont understand the intense love he gets from Oil fans. Hes so soft, is a PP merchant and has 2 goals in his last 20 playoff games. Hes so bang average its insane.
I didn't want to have him re-signed. I said at the time he is, at BEST, a complimentary winger who specializes on special teams.

Campbell has a decent track record in the playoffs in the NHL. He was great last year in his one appearance vs Vegas. At the end of the day I don't think it's possible for him to be worse than Skinner.
Campbell saved the Oilers from elimination against LA. I'd give him a shot- but he hasn't had game action in how long now? I guess he has played more recently than Pickard. Maybe we see him recalled (he's a black ace right now)

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
That should be requiring a supplemental discipline hearing, but sadly it’s almost 12 noon in NYC and not a sound has been made from head office.

Edit
@Frank the Tank steered me right. Thanks Frank!
Parros will be to the rescue.

We can't have the Carson Soucy's of the league tied up with trivial matters.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
nah it doesn't
Skinner was a fraud against Vegas last year and got clowned by a 3rd stringer

and it's happening again
So why isn’t any other pairing getting torched? Colorado made them look like fools and Skinner wasn’t even on the roster.

Ekholm has more goals in this series than Nurse has in his entire playoff career.

Reactions: MessierII

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Reality starting to sink in for me that this team will likely not win a championship in the next few years here because of the goaltending.

Many will blame the defense but to watch Silovs making grade A save after grade A save while Skinner has arguably not made one this entire series is just so depressing.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
So why isn’t any other pairing getting torched? Colorado made them look like fools and Skinner wasn’t even on the roster.

Ekholm has more goals in this series than Nurse has in his career.
because they're not playing good...I've said that
you trying to steer the narrative to "it's on the defense!" is hilarious

Skinner is getting beat by a 3rd stringer...again...for the second consecutive year

Reactions: frag2 and iCanada

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
because they're not playing good...I've said that
you trying to steer the narrative to "it's on the defense!" is hilarious

Skinner is getting beat by a 3rd stringer...again...for the second consecutive year
What? Bouchard and Ekholm are playing amazingly and Kulak-Deshaenais are playing passable hockey. Nurse has done zilch since he was extended. What does he do?

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Campbell's confidence is fragile and he won't have the confidence. He'd be playing scared, too much pressure. The most confident guy they have right now is Pickard, that's who they have to go with. There's no other realistic option but if Vancouver can win with a 9 career games 3rd stringer, Oilers most definitely can win with a 140 GP goalie.

Pickard only needs to be good, not great not fantastic. Skinner has been BAD, not good.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Well at least I’m not the only one saying this anymore!
He was still being fiercely defended last night. I heard ridiculous statements that players should be blocking more shots (you know- doing the goalie's job).

How many posters identified this is an issue last year? Nothing was done. 5 years of Hollan in McDavid/Draisaitl's peak was an abject failure. Not sure why Katz let this happen.

Reactions: iCanada

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Well at least I’m not the only one saying this anymore!

It does kind of suck that the media is a year late to the party.

If Seravalli posted that article after the Vegas series we're up 3-0 right now after probably winning the president's trophy.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Campbell's confidence is fragile and he won't have the confidence. He'd be playing scared, too much pressure. The most confident guy they have right now is Pickard, that's who they have to go with. There's no other realistic option but if Vancouver can win with a 9 career games 3rd stringer, Oilers most definitely can win with a 140 GP goalie.

Pickard only needs to be good, not great not fantastic. Skinner has been BAD, not good.
He didn't last year. He is still using fundamentals instilled by Rodrigue- he washed away the Schwartz stink.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Random post but doesn’t anybody have that Tweet of that youn Vancouver fan saying incredibly vile shit ? Trying to find it for a buddy.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
So if they crash and burn again this year, do not fix the issues yet again next year and the same thing happens, does Drai say goodbye and go elsewhere? If I was him and this shit continues next year I would be thinking about it. I mean c’mon, it’s exactly the same every season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad