Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
we have had zero physical response to Vancouver, and no depth scoring to show for it. The majority of this roster is not contributing anything offiensively or anything physically/emotionally.

I hope McDrai rip into the rest of the team because it's pathetic to not only watch these passengers play, but also fail to intimidate and play the body or defend teammates on home ice.

The sad thing is we have a team full of 6'2+ players but they all play like their 5'6? f***, Yamo played more physical when he was with us.

Biggest reasons for playoff failure

1. Skinner is literally the worst playoff goalie in the cap era. Worst save percentage and his 5 times pulled is the most for 20 games played.. I think ever.

2. Nurse and Ceci just DO NOT work together, Nurse and Desharnais don't work either but they are consistently the worst pairing. Coaching staff is at least trying to limit their minutes but they almost only see 3rd line opposition and are getting crushed. Its like having 2 Ian Coles.

3. Depth scoring is pretty invisible however coaching staff is falling into the "load up the top line" mess again. All the good playoff teams right now are spreading the wealth thru the lineup.
Dallas top 9
Robertson - Hintz - Stankoven
Benn - Johnston - Pavelski
Marchment - Duchene - Seguin

Colorado
Lehkonen - MacKinnon - Ratanen
Nichushkin - Mittelstadt - Parise
Wood - Colton - Kiriranta
(Drouin is injured or this would be a little different)

Rangers
Kreider - Zibanejad - Roslovic
Panarin - Trocheck - Lafreniere
Cuylle - Wennberg - Kakko

Most are spreading out over 2 lines, some sprinking into the third.
We load up literally one line and thats it. You can't win like that.

Yea. Serevalli piece this morning was talking about it.
The worst goalie in the playoffs since 2005
Just f***ing brutal

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
One thing they need to do is break up the 3rd line. While McLeod's not getting scored on, he can't keep leaving his linemate out to hang by looking into the air and skating away when Perry is trying to engage the Canucks.

That's not McLeod's game, fine. But then play him on a line with Janmark and Ryan/Brown where it's okay for them to keep their nose as clean as their defensive zone.

I like the idea of getting Carrick back in there and letting him and Perry muck it up a bit. Assuming Henrique is still out, For next game I'd go with...

Drai-McDavid-Hyman
Holloway-RNH-Kane
Janmark-McLeod-Ryan
Foegele-Carrick-Perry

With the plan to toss one of McDrai out with the 4th line occasionally to switch up the matchups.

With Holloway/Kane and Carrick/Perry as physical combos, the McLeod line just focusing on playing clean defence is fine.

RNH at center needs to stop. Period. I'd rather have Holloway be a faux Center than Nuge. Guy is beyond useless when the game intensity is up

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Hah I'd honestly do that without an extended Marner. And then either flip or just ride one year. That 9+M of Nurse is a forever anchor

I've said earlier in this thread-the Dmen will at worst give you ~20 mins of shit play per night; Skinner is guaranteed 55+
Not much choice but to regroup and try to make some adjustments. There is no room in playoff hockey for some of the defensive miscues we saw last night and there are at least 9 guys up front who need to do some soul searching on their lack of contribution in the playoffs so far.

If Knob chooses to start Skinner then that's his choice and not the players. They don't control what the coach does.

Oilers will win tomorrow night and I'm still taking them to win the series in 7.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Its one of the worst NHL freeze frames that you will ever see. Made worse because its McD, the best player in the world on the receiving end.

The last worst moment in hockey was arguably Bertuzzi hunting Moore down on ice and clubbing him and slamming his head into the ice. A criminal offense in which he was charged. Not too curiously the same team, the Canucks, who resort to the absolute worst dirty play.

No wonder everybody hates them.
If Diving Petey got hit like McD did he'd break in half and the Cuck fans would be calling the police (a la Montreal fans) claiming assualt.

Sucks because the Cucks just have carte blanche to attack the best player on the planet, attempting injury, and you know if an Oiler jumps in and does anything, auto 1-game suspension. We've seen this shit before.

If they're down at end of game 4 I absolutely blow up Petey or Hughes f***ing face with a crosscheck and dare DOPS to expose this horseshit double standard.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I'm not going to bother watching if the Oilers start Skinner next game. Got better things to do like spend time with my 2 month old
I’m a game time decision. See how I’m feeling that night. I’ve only watched mostly the 3rd period the last two games. If skinner is playing, not sure I have the stomach to watch.

Skinner, our D (nurse/ceci) and the complete ineptitude of our bottom 6/9 makes me just want to go and enjoy better things for the night (like my 8 month old)

I wasn’t even mad after last nights loss. Like what’s the point. Holland had one job and failed. I turned off the game and went to play some games on PC and enjoyed the rest of my night.

Reactions: frag2

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
It's time.

soupcan.jpg

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Then shouldn’t all the pairings be getting exposed? Why is it that Nurse/Ceci for three straight games have been getting crushed in every metric?
They haven't been good but Skinner failure to make a big save is exposing them even worse

Skinner is statistically the worst goalie in the playoffs since Dan Cloutier...there's no sugar-coating that

its a goddamn fact

Reactions: Ibanez

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Well I guess we're in a position where Pickard has to go on fire out of nowhere or Skinner will have to somehow do a 180 to get where we need to be. Sucks. f***ing sucks that save for a miracle f***ing goaltending is the reason we won't win this year. Maybe it's just the Nucks that cause Skinner to mentally collapse and if we somehow get through this with Pickard, then maybe Skinner could be playable again down the road? That's the best possible scenario. Grim.

I thought we started well again, then once agains decided to stop skating the second something bad happened (their PP goal). We stopped skating, pucks got rimmed, players started making Pejorative Slured decisions (McDavid and Foegele). Still need the saves though.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Nuge needs to also be held accountable. Other then longevity, I really dont understand the intense love he gets from Oil fans. Hes so soft, is a PP merchant and has 2 goals in his last 20 playoff games. Hes so bang average its insane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad