Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

M Ace

Apr 12, 2010
Orebro, Sweden
Anti clutch nuge with a chance to tie in in the slot………and shoots it wide. FFS nuge. Nuges playoff career highlight package is his game 5 winner against Calgary and that’s it. Nothing more. It’s getting old how anti clutch he is.
What is David Descharnais doing these days...?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Location matters a lot.

Do you recall the Canucks giving up even one uncontested wide open shot in the slot involving one of our goal scoring forwards? Or even any other player for that matter?
I dont.

Yet this team allows the Canucks top goal scorer to just walk in and take a wide open uncontested shot from the slot.
You mean like Leon Draisaitl's 2 breakaways lol? Just stop man.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
bs. Nurse makes contact. Its still possible for Skinner to make the save. It went right through him, 5 hole, as pucks often enough do.

So that it’s possible to have realized both that Nurse made contact, and that a reasonable goalie still could have stopped that puck from going in. If you don't get that too bad.
So we agree that the 1GA tonight was a tip shot and not a point shot floater.

Nurse literally boots his stick, causing his stick to bat the puck far side past his pad. It didn’t go 5 hole like you say. You may need to rewatch it again instead of just saying things. If not for Nurse, that puck doesn’t bounce that way, the puck gets intercepted and at worst the puck banks into Skinners right pad. You could see Skinner track the pass and anticipate it the whole way too until Nurse comes out of nowhere and boots his stick completely changing the angle of impact causing the puck to go far side (not 5 hole).

Multiple times you’ve demonstrated you barely know what happened on a goal against. “It went 5 hole” you say, but it didn’t. “Skinner batted it in himself” you say, but it didn’t. “Miller floated the shot in from the blue line” you say, but he didn’t. You accuse me of being disingenuous but then just say things as a matter of fact without checking your work. Seems like a waste of time to even discuss these goals if you won’t get the facts right seemingly on purpose, then accuse me of being disingenuous and unconditionally defending Skinner. In a series where I’ve said he needs to sit cause he hasn’t been good.

Reactions: DaGap and guymez

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
You mean like Leon Draisaitl's 2 breakaways lol? Just stop man.
One was off the post and one went right into Silovs pads.

Look I am not defending Skinner for tonights game. I am just saying that the Canucks are playing a system that makes it harder to get clean chances.
The Oilers just mess up coverages a little too often for my liking. Watch the Boeser goal...Draisaitl just floats around covering no one in particular while Boeser get a wide open uncontested shot from the low slot.
No reason for that.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
One was off the post and one went right into Silovs pads.

Look I am not defending Skinner for tonights game. I am just saying that the Canucks are playing a system that makes it harder to get clean chances.
The Oilers just mess up coverages a little too often for my liking. Watch the Boeser goal...Draisaitl just floats around covering no one in particular while Boeser get a wide open uncontested shot from the low slot.
No reason for that.
What on earth does the result of the shot have to do with where the shot was taken? You're back peddling. How about Vinny's completely uncontested shot from the slot that ended up behind Silovs? How about Nuge's uncontested shot that missed the net in the dying seconds from the slot? The Canucks gave up way more than Edmonton did tonight and trying to mental gymnastics your way around blaming the defence and not the goalie who has been historical levels of bad (see my mainboard thread) is laughable.

I'm sick and tired of people claiming the Oilers are magically the only team who makes alarming defensive mistakes resulting in incredible scoring chances. Do these people not watch other teams in the playoffs? Do they even watch the actual games they're commenting on? I see chances like the Boeser goal you're referring to happen in basically every single playoff game that has happened this year and sometimes I see it 5 or 6 times.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
What on earth does the result of the shot have to do with where the shot was taken? You're back peddling. How about Vinny's completely uncontested shot from the slot that ended up behind Silovs? How about Nuge's uncontested shot that missed the net in the dying seconds from the slot? The Canucks gave up way more than Edmonton did tonight and trying to mental gymnastics your way around blaming the defence and not the goalie who has been historical levels of bad (see my mainboard thread) is laughable.

I'm sick and tired of people claiming the Oilers are magically the only team who makes alarming defensive mistakes resulting in incredible scoring chances. Do these people not watch other teams in the playoffs? Do they even watch the actual games they're commenting on? I see chances like the Boeser goal you're referring to happen in basically every single playoff game that has happened this year and sometimes I see it 5 or 6 times.
Wait

Your COmparing Vinny shot with a boesers shot.

Might as well as compare it agaisnt an ovechkin shot oh wait Skinner stoned him lol

Oh And for watching other teams. Yes I do.

You should put 100 bux on Gorgeive to allow less than 3 goals tomorrow.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Knob needs to say McDavid is a game time decision because of that cross check, that’s the only way you could get the league to think about suspending them.
Yeh f*** it. Just lie and say he’s injured. Cracked vertebrae. Make that ref and Bettman’s league look like a joke for allowing a game to devolve into that. Then of course have McD back and fine for Game 4. We need to do this for the gamesmanship alone.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Wait

Your COmparing Vinny shot with a boesers shot.

Might as well as compare it agaisnt an ovechkin shot oh wait Skinner stoned him lol

Oh And for watching other teams. Yes I do.

You should put 100 bux on Gorgeive to allow less than 3 goals tomorrow.
No I'm comparing it in the sense of uncontested shot, not the quality of the player taking it. Next time follow the conversation before speaking to me you absolute donkey.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Settle down.
I am just suggesting to you that sometimes one of the 2 best players on the planet are going to get in behind the D. It inevitable.
My point was that Drai was in so close that all he could do was stuff into Silovs pads.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Settle down.
I am just suggesting to you that sometimes one of the 2 best players on the planet are going to get in behind the D. It inevitable.
My point was that Drai was in so close that all he could do was stuff into Silovs pads.
Drai shot the puck that hit Silovs pad from just inside the hash marks. Are you just trolling at this point? The shot that hit the post was in far closer than the one that hit his pad.

Reactions: MessierThanThou

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This team was far and away good enough to win tonight. The shots were 35-7 over the last two periods.
Yup they could have won.
They hit 4 or 5 goal posts as well.
McDavid and Draisaitl played almost 30 minutes each and they still lost.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So we agree that the 1GA tonight was a tip shot and not a point shot floater.

Nurse literally boots his stick, causing his stick to bat the puck far side past his pad. It didn’t go 5 hole like you say. You may need to rewatch it again instead of just saying things. If not for Nurse, that puck doesn’t bounce that way, the puck gets intercepted and at worst the puck banks into Skinners right pad. You could see Skinner track the pass and anticipate it the whole way too until Nurse comes out of nowhere and boots his stick completely changing the angle of impact causing the puck to go far side (not 5 hole).

Multiple times you’ve demonstrated you barely know what happened on a goal against. “It went 5 hole” you say, but it didn’t. “Skinner batted it in himself” you say, but it didn’t. “Miller floated the shot in from the blue line” you say, but he didn’t. You accuse me of being disingenuous but then just say things as a matter of fact without checking your work. Seems like a waste of time to even discuss these goals if you won’t get the facts right seemingly on purpose, then accuse me of being disingenuous and unconditionally defending Skinner. In a series where I’ve said he needs to sit cause he hasn’t been good.
That Dagap is liking this post should embarrass you. Just stop man.

I didn't even read your reply. its done.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Hey brother ... can you spare a Klim Kostin?

This team badly misses a plus sized hard, greasy game support guy like the Klim Reaper or Kassian. Say what you will about the need/function during the regular season audition time. Hard, grinding physicality comes to play at playoff time. There's been no response to a shocking Tocchet alleyfight game by the Canucks team. Stunned to see an Oilers team so unengaged to play hard in the trenches.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Drai shot the puck that hit Silovs pad from just inside the hash marks. Are you just trolling at this point? The shot that hit the post was in far closer than the one that hit his pad.
I think that overall the Canucks played a pretty good defensive game. A gritty game.
Got into many shooting and passing lanes.

I didnt say that they played a perfect game. Vinny isnt a 40 goal scorer by the way...Niether is Nuge.
Yes Drai got in behind the D and Silvos was there to make the stop. He played well.
Drai also hit the post. One of 4 or 5 posts in this game.
Bad luck.

What point are you trying to make here? That the Oilers deserved to win...okay.
They probably did. Still didnt like their defence though.

If iyour goal is just to vent then go take your anger out on someone else.
Maybe a Canucks fan.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Location matters a lot.

Do you recall the Canucks giving up even one uncontested wide open shot in the slot involving one of our goal scoring forwards? Or even any other player for that matter?
I dont.

Yet this team allows the Canucks top goal scorer to just walk in and take a wide open uncontested shot from the slot.
1715585372748.png

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
That Dagap is liking this post should embarrass you. Just stop man.

I didn't even read your reply. its done.
Knowing you, Im gonna guess you read it and are just saying things again. Not wanting to respond and address the inaccuracies does show me that you are being disingenuous in our discussions though. So i thank you for confirming it’s been a waste of time trying to discuss these goals with you. Saves me time in the future.

“DaGap liked your post” - okay, strong rebuttal.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I think that overall the Canucks played a pretty good defensive game. A gritty game.
got into many shooting and passing lanes.
I didnt say that they played a perfect game. Vinny isnt a 40 goal scorer by the way...Niether is Nuge.
Yes Drai got in behind the D and Silvos was there to make the stop. He played well.
Drai also hit the post. One of 4 or 5 posts in this game.
Bad luck.

What point are you trying to make here? That the Oilers deserved to win...okay.

If its just to vent then go take your anger out on someone else.
Maybe a Canucks fan.
I think the point I'm trying to make is obvious. I'm sick and tired of people claiming these "insane scoring chances" the Oilers give up are exclusive to the Oilers. Its actually laughable that people post this shit and actually believe what they're saying. Yeah, the Canucks defended well given that they spent about 35 minutes stuck in their own zone tonight, but they gave up numerous quality chances and I didn't even have to think or dive into it to disprove your claim that Edmonton didn't have any uncontested slot shots. You guys need to stop with this bullshit about the Oilers having some horrific defensive errors that we don't see from other teams when I watch these mistakes in every single series. Hell I watched Dallas and Boston make at least 5 of them the last game each of them played.

You don't need to try and soften the blow on Skinner he has been historically bad in the playoffs. The worst goalie in the playoffs since Dan Cloutier.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Knowing you, Im gonna guess you read it and are just saying things again. Not wanting to respond and address the inaccuracies does show me that you are being disingenuous in our discussions though. So i thank you for confirming it’s been a waste of time trying to discuss these goals with you. Saves me time in the future.

“DaGap liked your post” - okay, strong rebuttal.
Because my rep is I don't respond to posts lol. C'mon, I over respond to a fault. I'm trying to disengage to avoid friction with you. So that we can be good. Right? this topic is not important enough for our posting relationship to go sideways. I'm trying to take the high road while being fairly shitty at that. ;)

Honestly I didn't read the post because its just arguing with me at this point. I do it too so I recognize the tact. Lets call it a night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad