Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
So I’m still catching up a little. I know the cross check to the back was bad but have we talked about Soucy hitting McDavid in the jaw right after?
Button was on TSN challenging the league to protect their stars calling it a dangerous "non-hockey" play. He also had a good point that one doesn't get a free cross-check to the head because your teammate surprised you and your opponent with a simultaneously dirty shot to the back. Duhatschek just wrote an article in the Atlantic (and he's not a daily contributor) that was arguing the same points.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
You could see that the entire team in game 3 were trying to not even allow a single shot on goal in third and OT. They were so resolute in mind that they could not allow anything and survive or prevail in that game. We all saw it, thats how they played. It was palpable. Every player on the team realizing they couldn't give up a thing becaus the goal light would be flashing behind them. How did not one of these players voice a concern about that or a need of a change. At some point if the org doesn't get it the players have to. This is the 2nd playoffs in a row where this shits been going on. You can't just keep supporting a joke in net. Because then the joke is on the whole team and org.

Stu Skinner has always been a playoff imposter. From his first series he looked like that. This can't go on. Not even the team trust him in their play. They might say it in words, but actions speak louder than words.

I have a feeling the inmates run the asylum or something along those lines

Rumours being:

Schwartz makes all the goalie decisions as to who starts
Holland makes the lineup decisions
The players push to keep subpar players (Ceci) because of sentiment

Even one of these things being true it’s problematic, if all three are true, it’s hopeless

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Button was on TSN challenging the league to protect their stars calling it a dangerous "non-hockey" play. He also had a good point that one doesn't get a free cross-check to the head because your teammate surprised you and your opponent with a simultaneously dirty shot to the back. Duhatschek just wrote an article in the Atlantic (and he's not a daily contributor) that was arguing the same points.
I mean that has to mean something. Button hates the oilers…

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
They got 45 shots on goal. Hit several posts limited shots last 2 periods.

The coach called out the goaltending.

I don't know why you're getting so passive aggressive "oh so they played a perfect game good to know".

No one is saying they played a perfect game. We're all saying skinner was the worst player by far. By far. He cost the game with an inability to make a timely save.

Do you think skinner was the worst player?
I think Foegele was personally. Coughed up a goal and negated a power play by being an idiot.

I’ve seen this story by this team so many times the outcome was entirely predictable. Just throw every muffin at the net and hope.

Reactions: I am the Liquor

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
We win the cup last year with a very average Osgood. That's how bad Skinner was.

With a very average Osgood we're currently up 3-0 on the Canucks instead of down 2-1.
Maybe the GM should’ve done his job this year instead of collecting a fat pay check and spending assets on players that aren’t even in the lineup.

By the way your boy was useless again.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I think Foegele was personally. Coughed up a goal and negated a power play by being an idiot.

I’ve seen this story by this team so many times the outcome was entirely predictable. Just throw every muffin at the net and hope.
Warren Foegele was the worst player. Thanks.
Why the Oilers wouldn't have taken the shot

They took that shot. Ryan took the shot. Then Perry took the shot. He saved both.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Ken Holland still lives in his Detroit days where a very average Chris Osgood won a cup.

Plenty of posters here were calling for Skinner to be given the reigns this year

They get what they deserve. Unfortunately to the detriment of the fans that were skeptical

The Campbell ruining everything is an excuse. This isn’t the first and won’t be the last team to overpay for a UFA “starter” that turns into a pumpkin. Skinner’s regular season success tricked the entire org into giving him the reigns and a chance at redemption. It’s 100% his fault for shitting the bed and breaking that trust.

Last edited:

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Warren Foegele was the worst player. Thanks.

They took that shot. Ryan took the shot. Then Perry took the shot. He saved both.

I mean If those two are shooting then no wonder he saved it

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
We win the cup last year with a very average Osgood. That's how bad Skinner was.

With a very average Osgood we're currently up 3-0 on the Canucks instead of down 2-1.

Yup. This abomination of a second round yet again makes last year sting even more. Skinjob cost them a cup. They 100% could have beaten Vegas last year with average goaltending. It may not be enough to beat a supernova Rangers / Panthers or even get past Avs / Stars but it would be enough to win this series (Vegas were 100 times better than this Canucks team)

Reactions: TB12

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Plenty of posters here were calling for Skinner to be given the reigns this year

They get what you deserve. Unfortunately to the detriment of the fans that weee skeptical

The Campbell ruining everything is an excuse. This isn’t the first and won’t be the last team to overpay for a UFA “starter” that turns into a pumpkin. Skinner’s regular season success tricked the entire org into giving him the reigns and a chance at redemption. It’s 100% his fault for shitting the bed and breaking that trust.
Yeah it's a big difference with a week of Columbus Arizona jersey Ottawa teams to give fools gold. Always cracks under pressure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad