Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Its ok I understand people are really upset tonight. ALl good people need to vent
I don’t know how anyone could look at that team defense in the first period and think it was acceptable. The very idea of Makar/MacKinnon against that frightens me.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Next game:
Holloway-McDavid-Hyman
McLeod-Draisaitl-Kane
Janmark-RNH-Foegele
Erne-Carrick-Lavoie

Bouchard-Ekholm
Kulak-Desharnais
Nurse-Stetcher

Pickard

That 4th line should be well rested, tell them to hit everything that moves.

Separate McDavid and Drai, give McDavid Holloway to play with as he's been one of the depth guys that looks like he can make a pass out there. Drai hopefully gets to wake up McLeod and the RNH line hopefully can saw off even or maybe if we're lucky pot a goal. Stetcher should help us to get the puck out of our own end once we have possession. He should be well rested as well.

You simply don't go right back to Skinner after his first 3 games. Give Pickard a chance, if we can't trust him to win 1 playoff game then maybe we should've looked for an upgrade at the deadline?
is Henrique done for the series? Would like to get him back in. I thought Brown played good enough

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
So I’m still catching up a little. I know the cross check to the back was bad but have we talked about Soucy hitting McDavid in the jaw right after?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
After the Oilers bailed him out last game for trying to lose the game for them on Friday he owed them and he shit the bed again.

At this point I know for a fact he wants the season to end to go and hang out with his super big and cool family.

Not a bad thing as a human being but as an athlete…. Embarrassing

He’s a f***ing piece of shit and if Knoblach starts him Tuesday, Knoblach and Jackson are also pieces of shit and McDavid and the rest of the leadership group are also pieces of shit for allowing their coach to start that piece of shit .
You could see that the entire team in game 3 were trying to not even allow a single shot on goal in third and OT. They were so resolute in mind that they could not allow anything and survive or prevail in that game. We all saw it, thats how they played. It was palpable. Every player on the team realizing they couldn't give up a thing becaus the goal light would be flashing behind them. How did not one of these players voice a concern about that or a need of a change. At some point if the org doesn't get it the players have to. This is the 2nd playoffs in a row where this shits been going on. You can't just keep supporting a joke in net. Because then the joke is on the whole team and org.

Stu Skinner has always been a playoff imposter. From his first series he looked like that. This can't go on. Not even the team trust him in their play. They might say it in words, but actions speak louder than words.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Goalie aside, which was a known problem for years, I'm concerned the team isn't really getting this whole playoff thing. Getting blown up all game is not a winning formula.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
This is totally legit IMO.
Campbell is really the player that ultimately caused this problem.
A $5M dollar mistake by Ken Holland. Booby Burgers made a $5M mistake as well by hiring Holland.

The series isnt over but this team certainly isnt good enough to win a Stanley Cup.
When you have the Leagues 2 best players in their prime thats a major indictment on the GM.

But I thought Skinner is a bonafide #1?

Reactions: TB12 and frag2

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The tip was farther away from that and so slight it hardly changed shot. In anycase it goes right through Skinner who on that play is failing to be even be a blockform goalie.

Nor is he a reaction goalie. he doesn't move on any of the shots tonight until the goal light is flashing.

You want to talk about disingenuous You're the one defending the worst Oilers goalie in playoff history. you're defending a goalie that has been pulled more than any other goalie. 5 games now.

You're defending a goalie that is worse than .900 in 2/3 of his playoff starts.

You;re defending a goalie that has the worst save % among goalies with 20 or more starts in the history of the NHL.

Maybe just stop. At least tonight. .Nobody wants to hear from Skinner defendants right at the moment.
It was right between the dots, and right in the slot. So maybe not 5ft but what? At most 8 ft? Doesn’t change my argument at all. And doesn’t make it a softie. IF it went straight in from the blue line top corner at that speed I would consider it a softie and say as such. As I usually do. Just like I considered Zadorovs extreme angle shot a softie in Game 3.

I’ve stated he’s let in softies in games 1-2, hasn’t made enough big saves this series, and should be sat for Pickard. If you consider that defending Skinner then that’s on you, not me. For me it’s not defending Skinner, it’s stating my true opinion on the quality of his play based on my genuine attempt to breakdown the cause of goals against. Is that really disingenuous?

I do consider admitting Nurse booted a puck in, then after still lying and calling it a softie to be disingenuous though.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
So nobody else had a bad game? The Oilers played a perfect game. Good to know. Foegele is a gem. Zero goals with a goalie in net. And he’s far from the only useless player.
They got 45 shots on goal. Hit several posts limited shots last 2 periods.

The coach called out the goaltending.

I don't know why you're getting so passive aggressive "oh so they played a perfect game good to know".

No one is saying they played a perfect game. We're all saying skinner was the worst player by far. By far. He cost the game with an inability to make a timely save.

Do you think skinner was the worst player?

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
So I’m still catching up a little. I know the cross check to the back was bad but have we talked about Soucy hitting McDavid in the jaw right after?

No point in talking about it.

Oilers are a soft team and wouldn't know what to do

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
They got 45 shots on goal. Hit several posts limited shots last 2 periods.

The coach called out the goaltending.

I don't know why you're getting so passive aggressive "oh so they played a perfect game good to know".

No one is saying they played a perfect game. We're all saying skinner was the worst player by far. By far. He cost the game with an inability to make a timely save.

Do you think skinner was the worst player?

Doesnt matter who plays net for the Oilers. Oilers are brutal defensively both from the forwards and dman

See boeser goal #1
See Boeser Goal #2

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It was right between the dots, and right in the slot. So maybe not 5ft but what? At most 8 ft? Doesn’t change my argument at all. And doesn’t make it a softie. IF it went straight in from the blue line top corner at that speed I would consider it a softie and say as such. As I usually do. Just like I considered Zadorovs extreme angle shot a softie in Game 3.

I’ve stated he’s let in softies in games 1-2, hasn’t made enough big saves this series, and should be sat for Pickard. If you consider that defending Skinner then that’s on you, not me. For me it’s not defending Skinner, it’s stating my true opinion on the quality of his play based on my genuine attempt to breakdown the cause of goals against. Is that really disingenuous?

I do consider admitting Nurse booted a puck in, then after still lying and calling it a softie to be disingenuous though.
bs. Nurse makes contact. Its still possible for Skinner to make the save. It went right through him, 5 hole, as pucks often enough do.

So that its possible to have realized both that Nurse made contact, and that a reasonable goalie still could have stopped that puck from going in. If you don't get that too bad.

Anyway thats enough of this. Not interested in rehashing more of how you think Skinner is a very good starter.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It's not what they could have done to prevent it, it's what they SHOULD have done to respond to it. Gloves should have been flying.
Post end of game whistle, anything we do that is appropriate revenge for that dirty play could be grounds for suspension.

We’ve seen the Oilers be “tough” in the playoffs plenty and we always get the short end of the stick from the refs/DOPS. I am okay with the lack of wacking someone in the head or sucker punching someone if it means we are playing smarter and keeping the big picture in mind.

Reactions: TB12

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
The tip was farther away from that and so slight it hardly changed shot. In anycase it goes right through Skinner who on that play is failing to be even be a blockform goalie.

Nor is he a reaction goalie. he doesn't move on any of the shots tonight until the goal light is flashing.

You want to talk about disingenuous You're the one defending the worst Oilers goalie in playoff history. you're defending a goalie that has been pulled more than any other goalie. 5 games now.

You're defending a goalie that is worse than .900 in 2/3 of his playoff starts.

You;re defending a goalie that has the worst save % among goalies with 20 or more starts in the history of the NHL.

Maybe just stop. At least tonight. .Nobody wants to hear from Skinner defendants right at the moment.

ps on the Nurse contact play it still goes through Skinner because he's a 5 hole slut.
I just can't read "Nurse contact" and not think "Nurse contract" for some reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad