Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

200.gif

• Love
Reactions: TB12 and Ibanez

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Skinner shouldn’t and can’t play another game, you go with Pickard or Campbell. No point playing the guy you absolutely know isn’t the guy to get it done. There is nothing to lose by playing the other two guys, we know what we have in Skinner…
Nah, that's like rocket science for this org to figure out

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yes it was a bad defensive play being in that close.

It was a bad defensive play having Ryan in that close which silovs stopped. It was a bad defensive play that Perry got a second point blank shot off again. Which again silovs stopped.

There isn't some sort of perfect game where there are not defensive breakdown. Peak Tampa Bay had defensive breakdowns and Hedman would make bad moves. Difference is good teams have goalies that once in a blue moon can bail them out.
But there’s a difference between giving up a scoring chance to Derek Ryan and Brock Boeser. Imagine Nate MacKinnon in that spot. You think he will be getting stopped?

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Skinner let in 2 softies in Game 1
another awful one in Game 2
and not a single big save in Game 3

it begins and ends with goaltending...their goaltender is better than ours

I mean, I think there are other teams with third stringers than are better than this fraud, so there is that

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
most of the time he’s just useless but he cost us one if not two goals today.
he is not a skilled player, his hockey IQ sucks. his passing sucks twice as much as that. his on ice vision sucks three times as much

play any player with Draisaitl enough and that player can get 20 goals

Skinner shouldn’t and can’t play another game, you go with Pickard or Campbell. No point playing the guy you absolutely know isn’t the guy to get it done. There is nothing to lose by playing the other two guys, we know what we have in Skinner…
been on that horse since before the season even got underway

and I paid a huge price for it

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Since we are short on negativity in here. I would like to point out that paying a guy 9.25M to have the stick skills with a puck at the level Nurse was tonight is absolutely laughable. Guy looked like John Scott with the puck tonight.
Yup.
Nurse is a liability.
Mr $9.25M is not part of any meaningful solution for this team moving forward..
He has to go.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
"Skinner has to be much better in game 4"

f***ing starting game 4?? f*** no
Its hilarious that not one of the replies wants Stewed Canned Skinner in game 4. Nah, no, please, what else is on the menu? You could even open a can of Campbells Soup and pawn it off a resto starter and I'd take it.

The pulse of the town is clearly, quite clearly, no more Skinner. Will the org listen.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Because the Oilers had their chance and just stood there hugging Canucks. Not really sure who on the Oilers is going to do something… Kane?
Do you even know who was on the ice at that moment?
Go troll somewhere else.

Reactions: AlbOilFAN

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Most of the troglodyte insufferables who dogpiled Skinner critics like myself during the season have been awfully quiet tonight. I hope they forget to come back here.
They're sure quick to say how awesome he is when the D plays great and he faces mostly perimeter shots though. Then I love the "you don't know anything about goaltending" comments. Yeah, good goalies make saves when the team needs saves.... the end

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
he is not a skilled player, his hockey IQ sucks. his passing sucks twice as much as that. his on ice vision sucks three times as much

play any player with Draisaitl enough and that player can get 20 goals

been on that horse since before the season even got underway

and I paid a huge price for it

I would love to see someone dig up some old Skinner-lovefests on here for laughs.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He has every game in the series. But what a continuing line of defense for the player. Heres an idea. You already said Skinner should be out. Just stay with that talking point. You might not have any idea how the rest of Oilers fans are enraged with Skinner. Including most of the fans at the rink.He has every game in the series. But what a continuing line of defense for the player. Heres an idea. You already said Skinner should be out. Just stay with that talking point. You might not have any idea how the rest of Oilers fans are enraged with Skinner. Including most of the fans at the rink.
The guy had 11 shots, 6HCSC and let in 4 goals in 40minutes. Not the timing to even attempt to absolve that.
Absolve what? We needed more saves on some of the high dangers we gave up. Tip shot on the PK, 2 wide open slot shooters with time and space, and jam play on the PK. One or two of those you’d like a save which I said in the GDT. Which Knob also said in the presser. Needing saves isn’t the same as letting in softies though, there was no concrete softies in this game. In games 1 and 2 there were, as I noted.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Since we are short on negativity in here. I would like to point out that paying a guy 9.25M to have the stick skills with a puck at the level Nurse was tonight is absolutely laughable. Guy looked like John Scott with the puck tonight.
Another floater who flies under the radar. The roster is just full of nothing players.

Reactions: oobga

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad