Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
To be a fair we had the puck a ton tonight. I bet like 90% of our hits were in the first period.
That's true. But it is a difference in this series imo. Canucks came out hard and physical and continue that through the game. Oil d was too passive and easy night for Canuck players in the battle areas of the ice. Have to be hard on skill players. Canuckles under Tocchet are bringing an alleyfight.

Reactions: guymez

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Foegele is finished. Rather go 11-7 than have Foegele in the lineup
Connor McDavid is friends with Foegele. Advocated for his contract. Would be amazed if he's going anywhere. Should be. He's never ever been good in playoffs. Not at all. Thats bad enough but handing the opponent a goal in game 3...

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I really don’t think so. I don’t think the Canucks have played well at all. The oilers have mostly beat ourselves.

They haven’t really. They are averaging less than 20 shots or something no?

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Also had that guy wearing 34 stepping up big time.

Yeah they have done that for three years now and nothing to show for it. Depth wins championships.

And to make it to the championship round you need a goalie.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’m saying our biggest issue isn’t depth scoring. We’re scoring enough to win games. It’s our goaltender that’s actively griefing us.

Like I said. Take out every softy skinner let in in this series and we’d be up 3-0. hell, even if you took out only one softy a game we’d still be up.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
And to make it to the championship round you need a goalie.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’m saying our biggest issue isn’t depth scoring. We’re scoring enough to win games. It’s our goaltender that’s actively griefing us.

Like I said. Take out every softy skinner let in in this series and we’d be up 3-0. hell, even if you took out only one softy a game we’d still be up.
The team collapsed in game one. Nurse/Ceci in particular were terrible and have been for a long time. I understand that Skinner needs to be better but holy shit the defense on all four goals was terrible.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Knob will be making a decision on Picks/Skin tomorrow. Won’t commit to anything tonight after an emotional loss. They’ll look at it and assess. But it needs to be a serious consideration this series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad