Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Two guys are essentially doing all the scoring. If Ryan Smyth and Shawn Horcoff were the only guys scoring in 06 that team gets dumped in the first round.

good thing Mcdavid and Draisaitl are legitimately putting up historic numbers in the playoffs. I didn’t realize they were the same caliber of player as horcoff and smyth.

You know what had a bigger impact on the 06 team success? Look between the pipes.

Reactions: TB12 and iCanada

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I don't even hate Skinner.

Just look at it logically though... you have a player that for whatever reason.. (let's say he doesn't suck and it's just that the Canucks have Skinner's number and have the book on him)... in that situation you HAVE to change it up and play Pickard or Campbell.

I doubt they play Campbell and I understand that BUT you absolutely have to make a goalie change when your guy is 79.3% in net and is getting beat routinely by a team known to have big puck luck.

Change it up and at least put in the guy with UNKNOWN ability in the playoffs where there's zero book on him over the guy we know the Canucks are lighting up consistently.
I wonder what Skinners season and playoff save % is on Boeser. Just curious. Because Silovs stoned Drai 6X tonight. Boeser pumped 3 by skinner on 3 shots and I recall similar in season.

Reactions: iCanada

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol this Boeser interview is just funny when they ask him about the matchup on McDavid's line. This guy couldn't even hide the fact that he knows he got absolutely shit on by that line all night and snuck out a win because he's facing a historically bad playoff goalie.

I'm genuinely curious if you can find a goalie with 10+ career playoff games played who has a worse sv% than Skinner who didn't play in the '80s. Can anyone give me some info on this?

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
They should run this next game
Holloway - McDavid - Hyman
McLeod - Draisaitl- Kane
Henrique - Nuge - Foegele
Janmark - Gagner/Ryan - Brown

You seriously want Nuge to center a line still?

Dude is useless as a C

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Those were the days

Woody.gif

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Maybe, just maybe Dipshit Skinner should try clean shaven. He can’t see past that f***ing pushbroom stuffed under his nose.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
lol Knob saying gotta be persistent and keep pushing.

Tell that to the bottom 9.
None of them attack. They either slow af, dumb af, chicken shit or combination of all 3

Reactions: AlbOilFAN

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
We had Roloson that year making big OT saves
Also had that guy wearing 34 stepping up big time.

good thing Mcdavid and Draisaitl are legitimately putting up historic numbers in the playoffs. I didn’t realize they were the same caliber of player as horcoff and smyth.

You know what had a bigger impact on the 06 team success? Look between the pipes.
Yeah they have done that for three years now and nothing to show for it. Depth wins championships.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I wonder what Skinners season and playoff save % is on Boeser. Just curious. Because Silovs stoned Drai 6X tonight. Boeser pumped 3 by skinner on 3 shots and I recall similar in season.
Skinner was terrible. But are you able to talk about any other players or anything else that happening in the game? Seriously? You're absolutely obsessed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad