Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It’s actually insane how people just cannot understand. Like how much more clear does it have to be?

You do not win hockey games when you’re goalie is the worst player on the ice.

Not at any level of hockey.
The unconditional support Skinner gets drives me. Especially from the media.

This is how Craig Simpson opened the telecast. "Skinner shut the door allowing the Oilers to come back in game 2" That is complete bloody fiction. The Oilers only allowed a combined 4 sog in the third period and OT of that game. They were scared to let Skinner even touch the puck. Even on that little work Skinner in that frame got beat by a shortside that luckily hit post.

Such a ridiculously bad take by Simpson. But its typical of the media that sell up Skinner and blame results on our star player who are great.

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
Three posts, a missed open net by Ryan when the puck was already behind Silovs, one where you couldnt tell if it was in or not..A couple missed chances on the pp in the end. They could have scored 10 this game but it just wouldnt go.
Ryan was about to put the puck into the open net and the goalie held his stick. Funny how that gets ignored by the sportsnet crew.

Reactions: TB12

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
You can’t win the Cup or even a series with one line, period. It didn’t work that way especially when said line had an off game like they did today.
And yet the team still managed to score 3 and limit the other team to 18 shots on net.

Panthers did the same earlier today and got the win.

Reactions: Canovin

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
That better be a f***ing suspension. Also hate that nobody stood up for him.
Man don’t start the team didnt defend McD narrative. Our guys got in there as fast as they could. Not much you can do on the cross check to defend McD, not much you can do at the end of the game to get revenge.

Reactions: TB12

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Yeah sometimes your players just throw up pizzas to opposing players as your second pairing gets caught napping while the most dangerous player on the ice tonight gets behind them.
Good players are going to get behind the defence sometimes. That’s why they are good players. The goalie needs to make a stop sometimes.

It’s crazy how you aren’t picking this up.

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
Dont be a moron...it is one thing to say he had a bad game but another to say he isnt an NHL goalie.....ya...how many non NHL goalies get a shutout in the playoffs or have top 15 wins and sv % in regular season.

The same guys calling to give the moon for Helleybuck who has a way worse sv % than skinner

He's not the moron here. Wins and shutouts are a team stat.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I don't even hate Skinner.

Just look at it logically though... you have a player that for whatever reason.. (let's say he doesn't suck and it's just that the Canucks have Skinner's number and have the book on him)... in that situation you HAVE to change it up and play Pickard or Campbell.

I doubt they play Campbell and I understand that BUT you absolutely have to make a goalie change when your guy is 79.3% in net and is getting beat routinely by a team known to have big puck luck.

Change it up and at least put in the guy with UNKNOWN ability in the playoffs where there's zero book on him over the guy we know the Canucks are lighting up consistently.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Between putting him back in at the end, and not making him available to the media, I fully expect knob to start skinner next game, and hope the pull was enough for a wake up call.

At this point Mcdavid and Drai have become legitimate playoff superstars. The warts they were criticized for early in their careers have all but vanished the last couple of post seasons especially. Meanwhile, the team around them shows zero signs of improvement. How do they legitimately think they can win here if the team around them keeps getting worse even as those two continue to get better.

I swear deciding to watch that first game that made me a lifelong oiler fan is the cruelest thing I ever did to myself

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Erne can at least play physical unlike Foegele who cost us a GA tonight and has been shit the entire playoffs. Lavoie gives us a one shot scorer and some added size to lean on their D and Gagner will play with heart and may chip in a little much needed depth offense.
Carrick should go in before either of them. If Gagner and Erne go in will be lucky if the coach plays them 4 mins

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Have to give that Canucks rookie goalie some props though. He got lucky a lot, a lot of pucks hit him he didn't even see. But he stood in there and pushed back against the Oilers best scorers.

Reactions: Not Canada Drai

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Every single loss in this series is squarely on Skinners shoulders.
you’re right, the Nurse/Ceci pairing is just fine. Warren Foegele has been fantastic. Corey Perry and Evander Kane are making a difference. Nuge is flexing his muscle. Every other part of the team is just humming along.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Dont be a moron...it is one thing to say he had a bad game but another to say he isnt an NHL goalie.....ya...how many non NHL goalies get a shutout in the playoffs or have top 15 wins and sv % in regular season.

The same guys calling to give the moon for Helleybuck who has a way worse sv % than skinner
Happy mother's day Mrs Skinner

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
you shouldn’t have to score 4 goals every night to win a game.

And when 3 of them come in the first 20 minutes there’s no coming back

But I’d love to hear your rebuttal.

You keep echoing the same shit like it’s some kind of zinger or some kind of “gotcha” moment.
Every game this series has needed at least four goals to win it.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
A real team would start a dogfight seeing their superstar get cross checked in the face at the end of the game. Lack of pushback has been a problem for this team all year long. You think teams like Florida, Tampa, heck Colorado or Dallas would let that fly? This team is becoming so soft.
It was the end of the game. Anything you do that’s worth doing to get revenge, sets up potential suspensions for game 4.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Good players are going to get behind the defence sometimes. That’s why they are good players. The goalie needs to make a stop sometimes.

It’s crazy how you aren’t picking this up.

There is a whole segment of this fan base who thinks that no goalie should ever make even a semi difficult save.

Like what the f*** are they watching when they see other teams play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad