Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Zadorov can do whatever he wants out there. I was calling for adding more toughness instead we add Perry who is too slow and not a true goon. A series like this we badly miss a guy like Kostin. The closest that we have is Erne. May as well dress him next game since our bottom 9 doesn't score anyway.

Someone needs to take him out. Maybe Carrick. Whomever.

We have a bunch of 6’2+ players that are too chicken shit to hit him

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
The Canucks defence sucks.

With one line rolling, we melted them in possession and high danger SC. Over 7 games, if they can keep that effort up, they can still take the series and I think that in spite of goaltending.

The only difference here was a few soft goals and a few posts.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Stauffer saying there is no way they don’t start Skinner next game.

Wish I was surprised. Whoever makes the goaltending decisions on this team is cooked. Whether its Schartz, Coach, Holland, Katz’s son etc, it’s always head scratching.

Reactions: Anemia

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Only positive is oil are a good playoff bounce back team.

I was hoping this is over in 5. Now it's likely going to go 7.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Big brain bobby told me that the Oilers losing was due to our defensive play and that Silovs wasn't any better than Skinner.

jesus. The guy won't admit he's wrong either.

We gave up only 6 HDSC in that game. Skinner let in 4.

Skinner in only 8 periods has given up 12 goals. You can't with that. For perspective Nucks only got 13 goals in their first round series in 6 games.
You should know by now that there's at least 10 posters here who actually have zero idea what they're talking about when it comes to the sport of hockey. So many completely brain-dead takes. It's probably time for a name change to Big-brain-dead-bobby

Jay Harris

Feb 24, 2020
Foegle ... Sit him ... No brain
Play Henrique
McCleod... Sit him ... No grit
Play Carrick
Skinner ... Sit him ... No big saves
Play Pickard with Campbell as back up
Ceci ... Sit him ... No good plays
Play Sketcher or Broberg

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Since 2017, the benchmark was for this team to be good, they had to win the non- Mcdrai minutes. 7 years later and 5 years into Hollands tenure , this team can’t piss a drop outside of Mcdrai’s minutes, and can’t get a save. What a waste of an era and 2 generational talents.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
got goalied

Rough first period then totally carried the play in the last 40. Vancouver reminded me of us tonight, get a few goals ahead then stop trying to make plays and constantly ice the puck and chip it out, playing with fire

Props to Silovs though

Kinda wanted Pickard to get tested more, he only faced two shots I think, but I felt better with him in net. It’s a tough call for next game because they’re pretty much done if they lose, but Skinner has been bad 3 games in a row outside of a couple saves so I’d go Pickard.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
you shouldn’t have to score 4 goals every night to win a game.

And when 3 of them come in the first 20 minutes there’s no coming back

But I’d love to hear your rebuttal.

You keep echoing the same shit like it’s some kind of zinger or some kind of “gotcha” moment.
The bottom nine forwards have combined for zero goals in this series. Depth scoring is key to winning. Warren Foegele cost the Oilers a goal and a power play with two really stupid plays. Are you going to excuse his play?

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Don't get me wrong, Skinner is the main culprit but I will list these names...

RNH
Kane
Foegele
Perry
McLeod
Holloway
Janmark
Ryan
Brown
Nurse
Ceci
Kulak
Desharnais

All ghosts, all complete passengers especially RNH, getting really sick of him. As I said, Skinner is the main reason why they're losing this series because, well, obvious reasons but this team is like 90% passengers. It just shows the greatness of McDavid and Draisaitl that this team is winning any playoff games nevermind participating in the playoffs. This is Holland's "All In" team, it's not nearly good enough. It's the 8th best team in this playoffs currently.

But the Nuge fanboys keep bringing up he’s on a 105 pt pace or that he made an amazing back check once lol

Reactions: Messrules11

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Big brain bobby told me that the Oilers losing was due to our defensive play and that Silovs wasn't any better than Skinner.

Skinner in only 8 periods has given up 12 goals. You can't with that. For perspective Nucks only got 13 goals in their first round series in 6 games.
All strengths expected goals were 4.82 to 1.83 for us and we lost 4-3. Skinner allowed 2 more goals than he should have, Silovs saved 1 more than he should have. That’s a 3 goal difference. Skinner almost never allows less than he should. He allows the exact amount he should or more.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
you cant sit guys all game and expect them to have any jump
They're sitting because they've done nothing to justify playing.

I agree with those talking about Gagner. God at least make something happen out there.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
if we are going down in the series, we need to take a piece out of the Nucks

Yeah, the fact that their fans are celebrating dangerous plays like that is absurd.

Once again, the rioting checks out. Even if we lose, at least we’re not barbarians.

Reactions: Satire

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Oddly I'm not even mad after that loss like I was after game 1. Probably because I'm finally feeling hope that Skinner is done in the Oilers net. So done with this loser he f***ing sucks.

Oilers deserved this one and didn't get it, but you win game 4 and you're in a good spot.

We're not winning next round anyways with Skinner so lets see what Pickard has. If he shits the bed and we lose this round it won't matter because we aren't winning next round with Skinner

Silvos was great tonight. It's the humpteenth time that a backup has come into Roger's Place and come out the hero.

The question is why Oiler scouting can't find guys like this???

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
f***ed by the Refs. 10-0-1 Ref showed his true colors for the 12th time tonight. Bettman doesn’t find it suspicious at all.

Defence shits the bed and leaves Skinner out to dry. Keep gifting the Nucks everything they get just like at the beginning of the season. Can’t blame Skinner on the goals against but you need a save on one of those breakdowns.

Shittiest part of all our breakdowns is that we’ve shown and showed in these games when we focus on shutting it down. We can. 0 shots on Pickard?

Depth scoring continues to be exactly what they’ve always been. Invisible.

Foegele with two big blunders now. And can’t make anything happen offensively. 3 years deep with this experiment now and Foegele is still Foegele.

Holloway had good jump.

Top guys created plenty, but 4 posts means our finishing and execution was not there tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad