Speculation: Goligoski’s 8-team No Trade List revealed

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Per Coyotes reporter Craig Morgan, Alex Goligoski has listed the below 8 teams to which he won’t accept a trade:

Buffalo
Calgary
Detroit
Edmonton
Los Angeles
Montreal
Ottawa
Winnipeg

He is a solid top-4 veteran D who can play both sides, PP, PK, and eat up low 20 minutes. He is also signed to a fair price and a contract that expires next summer.

Coyotes likely looking for picks or young assets.

dude is from grand rapids and he vetos detroit, lol.

canucks and leafs are the only canadian teams. that's an encouraging sign for the canucks.

Reactions: Morrison

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Doesn’t he make 5.5M?

Fine player and all but in a flat cap world I don’t think too many will believe this is a “fair” aav. His actual cash this year is less though so that helps.
He led his team in time on ice per game last season and was 2nd among Coyotes in the bubble in minutes played.

Reactions: qqaz

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
33rd league-wide in points from the blueline over the past five years.

(OEL is somehow 17th despite being completely "over the hill and in decline".)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mosby

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He led his team in time on ice per game last season and was 2nd among Coyotes in the bubble in minutes played.
Like I said, he’s a fine player but let’s not pretend ice time is the measure of how good a player is. Risto lead Buffalo in ice time per game. That doesn’t mean he’s better than Dahlin.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I actually think that's probably a good guess for what a lot of 8 team NTCs look like.

Buffalo (weather and general dreariness), Montreal (language barrier), Edmonton (weather), Calgary (weather) and Winnipeg (weather) all seem like fairly standard NTC teams, and the other 3 teams are terrible.

Definitely more about the media/fans than language barrier.

I was downtown Montreal once and tried to practice my french and the dude at the store looked at me like it was a foreign language.

Where the players would live would be around the other players. Restaurants, grocery stores, movie theaters etc would all speak both with their bonjour hi. Most places a person who speaks two languages has a job, in Quebec you get asked for spare change in two languages.

Montreal wouldn't trade for him at this point, so he's safe from going there and could alter his list

Reactions: Morrison

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Montreal isn't surprising. High taxes. No privacy. Forever bubble team.

Buffalo. No surprise. Not a glamorous city. Gongshow team from ownership on down.

Winnipeg is expected. Smallest market. Fish bowl environment. No wifi.

Edmonton-See Winnipeg. Except Oilers have had a very bad 15 years. The fact they have two of the best players in the league and can't get anywhere is a huge red flag.

Calgary-Not surprising. Reputation of cheap ownership. Not a glamorous city to American players.

Detroit- Terrible team right now. City's reputation isn't great (IE crime & so forth).

Ottawa- Melnyk. Team performance.

LA-Team performance.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Goligoski has played much of the last two seasons on the right-side. He can play either side without it making him less effective.

What's his game like these days?

With the Devils needing top-4 LHD and a 1B goalie, New Jersey could be a one-stop-shop for Arizona's cap dump desires. I'd be cool with working something out involving Goligoski and Raanta.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad