Rumor: Golden Knights reportedly refused to deal Cody Glass in order to obtain Erik Karlsson from Senators

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
8 years @ 9.85M AAV

A good deal for Dallas, taking advantage of the tax situation for a player that I think should be getting the 11 Tavares is.

That is still two players already around the 10 mark. They have the good Klingberg contract, though.

I just don't think they would be able to out bid us. They could probably come right up to or maybe match what we offer but I can't see them offering more.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Where a new contract would be concerned, I can't see GMGM offering EK a 7 year deal. I think he'd tender something like 5 years. 34/35 seems to be his ceiling for a skater.....

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
If they do bring him in with Ryan, this will take some serious cap gymnastics. Extending EK will require something like $11m AAV, AND they have that other Karlsson to sign next year who will probably get Ryan type money. That's $25m right there for 2020, with Schmidt in a walk year. Some big names may have to be traded I think. It appears to me that Shea will be part of the trade, so his theoretical cap hit will be gone.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
LeBrun reporting trade call done. (After affected 2+ Sharks roster players informed of trade)

Just waiting on PR announcements.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Karlsson and Burns on the ice for 25 minutes a night each. They could sign me to the bottom pair and it would still be the best defense in the league.

Our only hope is if Thornton and Pavelski regress tenfold. They have to be favorites out of the west now.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Did they even trade anyone that would have been close to Glass, Brannstrom or Hague?

No. That's what's so shocking about this package to me. I can't believe that no other team could have outdone it. Just Theo/Haula/1st would be better for Ottawa IMO, but moron franchise is gonna moron franchise. Sharks pulled off the heist.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I have to agree that the only way this happens HAS to be that San Jose is fully content with having him for one year and knows he wants to hit FA.

They'll sign him. Oh

They'll sign him.

Thus Karlsson screws the Sens over bigtime. I think he already knows he'll sign and I think the Sharks already know he'll sign.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
San Jose must have been the only team willing to give up much of anything to rent him for a year.

I'm so happy this is finally done so I can enjoy my "summer".

I can't figure out a team that has less use for Karlsson than the Sharks, but maybe they can prove me wrong.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
I'm not so sure about that. One thing is for sure- SJS had better win now, because they are aging fast and the cupboard has been cleared.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad