Golden Knights crazy good 2017 draft class + few great u23 players

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
If you look at last years draft, you can only wonder; "isn't there anything that this team can't do"
braking every single inaugural franchise record and drafting spot on (in both drafts).

First, lets look at the 2017 Golden Knights draft class.

1st pick: Cody Glass (forward)
2nd pick: Nick Suzuki (forward)
3rd pick: Erik Brännström (d-man)
4th pick: Nicolas Hague (d-man)
7th pick: Maksim Zhukov (goalie)
8th pick: Lucas Elvenes (forward)
9th pick: Jack Dugan (forward)
10th pick: Ben Jones (forward)

These 2 u23 players who are already playing in the NHL

Shea Thoedore (d-man)
Alex Tuch (forfard)

+ Oscar Dansk&Malcolm Subban who are both 24 year old goalies.

Now lets look at their this season stats. (so far)

Junior players:

Cody Glass 37g+63a=100pts +42 1.61 ppg | Portland Winterhawks, WHL
Nick Suzuki 40g+57a=97pts +29 1.54 ppg | Owen Sound Attack, OHL
Nicolas Hague 35g+41a=76pts +2 101 pim 1.17 ppg | Missisauga Steelheads, OHL
Ben Jones 28g+49a=77pts +5 1.15 ppg | Niagara Ice Dogs, OHL
Jack Dugan 22g+29a=51pts 1.15 ppg | Chicago Steel, USHL | plays in the NCAA next season

Maksim Zhukov 43 games, 23-14-3-1 4 so's 2.39 gaa 0.919 sv% | Green Bay Gamblers, USHL
has played most games&minutes in the USHL

Pro players:

Lucas Elvenes
5g+11a=16pts -1 10 pim 0.60 ppg | Rögle BK, SHL
4g=19a=23pts +11 16 pim 0.96 ppg | IK Oskarshamn, Allsvenskan

Erik Brännström
2g+14a=16pts -4 24 pim 0.35 ppg | HV 71, SHL
1g+3a=4pts +5 4 pim 0.60 ppg | U20 WJC, Team Sweden

U23:

Alex Tuch 13g+17a=30pts +2 23 pim 0.46 ppg | Vegas Golden Knights, NHL
Shea Theodore 4g+16a=20pts +5 14 pim 0.41 ppg | Vegas Golden Knights, NHL

Last edited:

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Do you you have anything else to say other that pointing out the obvious :)
any thoughts about Golden Knights 2017 draft?
Haha, yeah, sorry. I’m a really big fan of their first 4 picks and I think they’re all progressing really well. Whether or not they end up as impact players remains to be seen, but I’d be willing to bet they all make the NHL in some capacity. Suzuki is probably my favorite of the bunch.

I’m sure their scouts will find successful picks with their later round picks this year, too. They seem to have a good group of talent evaluators there. Getting an upper half group of prospects in the NHL right off the bat is no easy feat, but Vegas did it. It’ll be exciting to see how they combine their expansion draft guys and entry draft guys in the future and to see if they can match this year’s success. As long as they keep Gallant, I don’t see why not.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Haha, yeah, sorry. I’m a really big fan of their first 4 picks and I think they’re all progressing really well. Whether or not they end up as impact players remains to be seen, but I’d be willing to bet they all make the NHL in some capacity. Suzuki is probably my favorite of the bunch.

I’m sure their scouts will find successful picks with their later round picks this year, too. They seem to have a good group of talent evaluators there. Getting an upper half group of prospects in the NHL right off the bat is no easy feat, but Vegas did it. It’ll be exciting to see how they combine their expansion draft guys and entry draft guys in the future and to see if they can match this year’s success. As long as they keep Gallant, I don’t see why not.

Nah, i'm cool. (thou i accept your apology :))

Zhukov, Elvenes, Dugan, Jones, 4 great later round picks,
not to mention Nicolas Hague (2nd round), one of the steal's of the draft.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Nah, i'm cool. (thou i accept your apology :))

Zhukov, Elvenes, Dugan, Jones, 4 great later round picks,
not to mention Nicolas Hague (2nd round), one of the steal's of the draft.
It’s really hard to call anything a “steal” until they’re developed. Junior League numbers don’t always mean everything.

Reactions: Catbug and Dempsey

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
It’s really hard to call anything a “steal” until they’re developed. Junior League numbers don’t always mean everything.

Right. - obviously - However, kinda impossible to be blind about Hague
how good he is how much he has progressed each season.

Missisauga with few highly drafted,touted forward prospects, yet d-man, 2017 drafted, 34th overall Nicolas Hague
leads the team in goals,points,pp goals, 5 on 5 points, etc.etc. this season.

Reactions: Tryamkin

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Right. - obviously - However, kinda impossible to be blind about Hague
how good he is how much he has progressed each season.

Missisauga with few highly drafted,touted forward prospects, yet d-man, 2017 drafted, 34th overall Nicolas Hague
leads the team in goals,points,pp goals, 5 on 5 points, etc.etc. this season.
Yes, I’ve watched, I’m just saying the points don’t necessarily mean everything, he still needs to work on his skating.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Yes, I’ve watched, I’m just saying the points don’t necessarily mean everything, he still needs to work on his skating.

That is true. - i agree - Althou...at least in that particular goal, his skating looked quite good actually :) ,quick first strides, not sure about his end speed, pretty nice moves (dekes prior to that wrister)
his skating looks odd thou, because of his long legs, he is a huge dude, but he also has long legs.

Auston mcdavid

Mar 10, 2018
Ben Jones already looks like one of the biggest steals of the draft he was just voted best defensive player and most improved player he reminds me of Patrice Bergeron just a bit has 77 points also and is top 15 in ohl socring how he dropped to 7th round I have no idea

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
That is true. - i agree - Althou...at least in that particular goal, his skating looked quite good actually :) ,quick first strides, not sure about his end speed, pretty nice moves (dekes prior to that wrister)
his skating looks odd thou, because of his long legs, he is a huge dude, but he also has long legs.
Side to side looks choppy, and long distance he isn’t very good either, although good first strides are a good building block. Currently he’ll get burned against NHLers.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Ben Jones already looks like one of the biggest steals of the draft he was just voted best defensive player and most improved player he reminds me of Patrice Bergeron just a bit has 77 points also and is top 15 in ohl socring how he dropped to 7th round I have no idea
Some people just explode and show their potential after draft year, it’s not bad drafting, just how some people are built.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Great first draft.

Didn’t like giving up this years first plus a 2nd and a 3rd for Tatar though. Has been an amazing season but I think Knights are ripe for a first round exit and should still be thinking about future.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Some people just explode and show their potential after draft year, it’s not bad drafting, just how some people are built.
Yeah, not every prospect shows everything they can become, by some random date we call draft day.

For Philly, Myers is a top 3 prospect within the organization with Hart and Frost, yet went undrafted. It happens.

Reactions: Tryamkin

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
I think Jones will make a great 3rd line center for them some day

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Which prospect was offered to Ottawa for Erik Karlsson? I just remember it was a high-end prospect.

Better not be Cody Glass, I think Vegas has the potential to have him develop better than expected considering he has no pressure at all right now, if the team were bad he would have pressure. I feel that Vegas is going to let him develop and learn on his own, and will spend a full season in Chicago after the 2018-19 season for more ice time.

But I find they'll let most of their prospects develop. But I personally believe Hague has the potential to make the jump to the NHL as early as next season.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
They made some absolutely great picks. Great start to their franchise for sure. Really excited to follow Glass, Suzuki, Brännström and Hague and see how they do. Their mid and late round picks look pretty good too. Too bad they wasted a bunch of picks for Tatar. Would've been interesting to see if they could have another strong draft this year.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
They did a great job of drafting last year. I think Cody Glass will be a good 1.Wonder what the 2018 draft will bring for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad