Golden Knights Affiliate Quad City Is Closing It's Doors At Season's End

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
ECHL is a league of the most unstable franchises. Wannabe owners at that level don't have the same depth of pockets as AHL and/or NHL, by orders of magnitude. I seem to recall something along the lines of $100m+ for NHL vs $1m+ for AHL vs $500k+ for ECHL.

It's often a labor of love and the the costs aren't always covered by gate. (Little/no TV/streaming revenue)

A few ECHL franchises affiliate with multiple organizations.

I don't think Reno is viable for ECHL due to travel. Idaho would probably be closest franchise.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
ECHL is a league of the most unstable franchises. Wannabe owners at that level don't have the same depth of pockets as AHL and/or NHL, by orders of magnitude. I seem to recall something along the lines of $100m+ for NHL vs $1m+ for AHL vs $500k+ for ECHL.

It's often a labor of love and the the costs aren't always covered by gate. (Little/no TV/streaming revenue)

I don't think Reno is viable for ECHL due to travel. Idaho would probably be closest franchise.

Idaho likely has Dallas, how many real prospects does QC have now, that would translate to a new affiliation, or do we have another Norfolk/Nashville split/reassignment

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

Reno is within bus distance of Bay Area, Idaho, and SLC. Las Vegas was within bus distance of the two SoCal teams. Alaska is within bus distance of no one.

For a league that is literally spread from one corner of the country to the opposite corner, an argument against an ECHL team based on travel is perplexing.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Reno really isn't the VGK market everyone thinks as long as the Sharks are much closer than the Knights. People up there love Vegas money and hate just about everything else. Is that really worth stretching for?

The location is more important for Chicago than VGK, it seems likely another Midwestern location is the call.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
I've heard a retirement community in Florida is looking to get a team....

GSlapshotBCERT.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad