• Nashville Predators

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Like the Rock says "IT DOESNT MATTER!!"

Votes: 42 68.9%

• Total voters

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Really torn.

Obviously, Nashville would be a lot easier given the history there. But my main concern is that an easier series could leave the boys too mentally soft for the Conference Final (like what happened after we played Calgary in 2022).

I think a Vancouver series would keep the Oilers more honest and motivated. Harder road, yes, but a bigger payoff.

Reactions: CornKicker

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
For what it's worth I think the Nucks are a little deflated. Losing your star goalie after the season they had is soul crushing.

They know deep down that their cup dreams just went up in flames.

Reactions: CornKicker

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Doesn't matter, Oilers can beat anyone if the work rate is high.

Hoping preds win tonight and force a Sunday game 7. That would put us starting, Tuesday? Lots of rest is great.

I suspect it's Tuesday regardless. Even if Vancouver wins tonight, having a 4.5 hour travel day tomorrow than the next round immediately the next day would be too much to ask as it basically would give them not a single practice before facing a new opponent, and Monday night their building is booked for Pearl Jam (reminiscent of the first LA series when Pearl Jam was playing in LA while they were down there between Game 3 and 4).

Reactions: smokersarejokers

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
If Skinner plays through the playoffs like he did last series this team can win it all. If we get through next round, round 3 will be an awesome series against one of Dallas, Avs or Vegas.
Skinner kinda sucked at the start of the series, was one of our best players in the last 3 though. We need some scoring though to with him if can continue his solid play.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
I suspect it's Tuesday regardless. Even if Vancouver wins tonight, having a 4.5 hour travel day tomorrow than the next round immediately the next day would be too much to ask as it basically would give them not a single practice before facing a new opponent, and Monday night their building is booked for Pearl Jam (reminiscent of the first LA series when Pearl Jam was playing in LA while they were down there between Game 3 and 4).

based pearl jam secretly helping oilers

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
based pearl jam secretly helping oilers
Or was the Pearl Jam show the cause of Edmonton blowing game 4 losing 4-0 and letting the Kings back in that series when a Game 4 win likely would have destroyed the Kings after back to back blowouts in Games 2 and 3.

(I don't think it's a thing, just a interesting coincidence that I only know of because of how I follow the band).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad