• France

• Kazakhstan

• Italy

• Austria

• Great Britain

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I sorted the teams by IIHF World Ranking.

EDIT:
I created the thread so because I can't close the poll voting I'll post a screenshot of the poll results around the time the tournament started:

o7hRdCH.jpg

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Switzerland or Czechia. Hungry and have added some good players from NHL.

My own Sweden might get relegated. Look at our roster.

Reactions: Mestaruus

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
Switzerland is my favorit. I think Josi with Nashvile get relegated soon and comes on W cup

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Can't even vote yet, this looks wide open for now. With no Russia and the remaining four top nations with huge roster question marks it looks so far like a completely even slate. You could pick a gold medal winner going the list all the way to Czechia, maybe even Slovakia off the backs of their OG performance and not look like you just shot for the moon.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Can't even vote yet, this looks wide open for now. With no Russia and the remaining four top nations with huge roster question marks it looks so far like a completely even slate. You could pick a gold medal winner going the list all the way to Czechia, maybe even Slovakia off the backs of their OG performance and not look like you just shot for the moon.

Better not vote then yet, because I put that evil setting on where one can't change vote.

The rink size is the same as in The Olympics I believe, small ice. Teams that did well in the Olympics might do well in this one as well and Slovakia was one of the teams that did well. If they get the same roster, I don't see why they wouldn't do well now. Some teams will get some significant NHL upgrades with players though, so that makes it a bit harder for the teams that don't get as much, but in the end team play with a good coach is everything which Finland proved in 2019 WHC tournament with inferior line up.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I picked Czechs... Not because I think they will but because I have a blatant bias. I won't be changing my vote but will chime in when I see final rosters. No Voracek hurt.

Hoping for another NHL goalie. One of francouz/rittich will be available. Also, maybe vanecek who I think is our best goalie this season. If they pull the upset.. then gudas would help our D.

One of necas or Pastrnak would also be a nice addition to forward after that series is over.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I picked Czechs... Not because I think they will but because I have a blatant bias. I won't be changing my vote but will chime in when I see final rosters. No Voracek hurt.

I'm guilty for my bias vote as well. I'll admit that.

Now can I get a minus vote for Sweden. Oh wait I'm the OP I could just remove them as a poll selection. Just kidding :). Sweden better not win though because they got their win quota filled with that U18 gold. They got enough for now.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I think we could medal if a few things go our way in the NHL. Cernak, Fehervary and one of Ruzicka/Studenic are possibilities with current playoff outlook. Adding those guys would help a lot. This team will be missing few key pieces from Olympics so.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
So far Finland with most votes. Who the hell voted on Latvia and Kazaksthan?
Namejs and Borat?;):DD
Post automatically merged:

I'm guilty for my bias vote as well. I'll admit that.

Now can I get a minus vote for Sweden. Oh wait I'm the OP I could just remove them as a poll selection. Just kidding :). Sweden better not win though because they got their win quota filled with that U18 gold. They got enough for now.
And you don't know yet that the yellow avalanche will collect gold at the canceled WJC in August.:cool:

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
And you don't know yet that the yellow avalanche will collect gold at the canceled WJC in August.:cool:

Sweden should put their U18 PP unit with Lekkerimäki and others with Hävelid (the goalie) into their U20 squad this summer and rest should be actual U20 players or so and that would already be a scary team for U20. Different coaching staff could make it better or worse though.

Reactions: Elias40

JimXVX

Jan 3, 2017
Lol at including GB in this poll! Like every year our goal is to not get embarrassed & ideally not get relegated in the process, but our luck has to run out sooner or later, plus no Kirk this year. Yikes.

morkkis35

Aug 9, 2017
I go with dark horse Switzerland. They will have a decent team. I mean they allways have, but this time they have a good amount of nhl regulars like: Nico Hischier, Timo Meier, Pius Suter, Jonas Siegenthaler, Janis Moser, Dean Kukan. In adition there is also players like andrighetto, malgin, hoffman. I think Switzerland will be dangerous for every opponent.

There is also a good possibility that Nashville goes out an Josi could join.

Red Wing Pius Suter is going to wear the Swiss jersey in Finland

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
I go with dark horse Switzerland. They will have a decent team. I mean they allways have, but this time they have a good amount of nhl regulars like: Nico Hischier, Timo Meier, Pius Suter, Jonas Siegenthaler, Janis Moser, Dean Kukan. There is also a good possibility that Nashville goes out an Josi could join.

Josi would be huge ! I think there is some chance that Minnesota goes out too and Fiala could join, in the best scenario, both could join

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I go with dark horse Switzerland. They will have a decent team. I mean they allways have, but this time they have a good amount of nhl regulars like: Nico Hischier, Timo Meier, Pius Suter, Jonas Siegenthaler, Janis Moser, Dean Kukan. In adition there is also players like andrighetto, malgin, hoffman. I think Switzerland will be dangerous for every opponent.

There is also a good possibility that Nashville goes out an Josi could join.

They get Josi and they have to be a Gold threat. Even without him. That is some talent!

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
They get Josi and they have to be a Gold threat. Even without him. That is some talent!
Agree, with Josi we can go really all the way. Of course such a tournament also is depending on other things and how the chemistry develops. But if we get Josi this is our best shot in years. Fiala would also be a great addition but with his contract siguation I am not sure if he would be willing to risk and come.

Also Nino would be a great addition but the Canes will probably go rather far into the Playoffs.

Reactions: torero

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Agree, with Josi we can go really all the way. Of course such a tournament also is depending on other things and how the chemistry develops. But if we get Josi this is our best shot in years. Fiala would also be a great addition but with his contract siguation I am not sure if he would be willing to risk and come.

Also Nino would be a great addition but the Canes will probably go rather far into the Playoffs.
That Canes/Bruins series has potential for us both. I'll gladly take pastrnak if Canes want to beat Boston!

I really liked Swiss team at last year's worlds as well. It's a real nice generation... elite C, D and W.. great base to build of with the very good skating NLA stars.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
That Canes/Bruins series has potential for us both. I'll gladly take pastrnak if Canes want to beat Boston!

I'll take his line mate Haula then. At least I believe that they are a line. Pasta+Haula+Hall right or is Pastrnak with Bergeron and Marchand? If Boston wins, fine I'll take Aho and Teräväinen. Might be that for a long series our coach wouldn't wait though.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'll take his line mate Haula then. At least I believe that they are a line. Pasta+Haula+Hall right or is Pasternak with Bergeron and Marchand? If Boston wins, fine I'll take Aho and Teräväinen. Might be that for a long series our coach wouldn't wait though.
Swedes would get Ullmark!

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Swedes would get Ullmark!

And Edmonton better stay in the playoffs because I don't want to see McDavid for Canada. He seems to always join when possible. Then I don't want to see Germany with Drai because he seems to score 2 goals against every team in those kinds of tournaments. It's like a whole different kind of Germany with him there.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
And Edmonton better stay in the playoffs because I don't want to see McDavid for Canada. He seems to always join when possible. Then I don't want to see Germany with Drai because he seems to score 2 goals against every team in those kinds of tournaments. It's like a whole different kind of Germany with him there.
Drai joining the German's would be big.. they got a nice roster already!

I'm an Oil fan though so I hope it doesn't happen.lol

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
If Germany with some miracle get draisaitl peterka and reichel .. they can win gold too

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
If Germany with some miracle get draisaitl peterka and reichel .. they can win gold too

The Germany of the Olympics was quite disappointing though. I don't know if those guys would be enough, but they could be trouble for some top teams if underestimated.

Reactions: Lambo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad