Gold Medal Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
Finland (7-0) vs Sweden (5-2)

-In the pre-tournament Poll Finland recieved 7 votes (3.03%)
-In the pre-tournament Poll Sweden recieved 11 votes (4.76%)

-Canada (3-3, qtr loss) recieved the most votes, 106 (45.89%)
-Czech Republic (3-4, Bronz medal game on Sat.) recieved the second most with 52 (22.51%)

Again, Poll IS NOT public.

Sticky?

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
I think Finland might actually lose this one. I want to call it a post-great-game syndrome. Russia played its best game against Canada then lost to Finland, which was somehow has to do with a fact that Russia might have been emotinally exhausted after win in the q-final. I think Finland might be a victim of this as well. Just imagine how Sweden can actually redeem itself after the loss to Belarus 4 years ago. I think swedes will come out like lions and can outplay finns.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Does anyone know where I can check the outcomes of the last games between Sweden and Finland? If I remember right, Sweden won most of them. As I like both teams I want Finland to win this one since they have played a somewhat weak WC.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Wisent said:
Does anyone know where I can check the outcomes of the last games between Sweden and Finland? If I remember right, Sweden won most of them. As I like both teams I want Finland to win this one since they have played a somewhat weak WC.

Finland has won all of them.

WCH 2003 doesn't exist, it's a myth.

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
Buya89 said:
I am hoping Swedes will win, but in reallity Finns will bore them to death with their style :(

If Sweden can't overcome their defense then we don't deserve the goldmedal.

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
Buya89 said:
I am hoping Swedes will win, but in reallity Finns will bore them to death with their style :(

:cry:

Let me just say that i was part of that 3.03% that voted for Finland before the olympics. I was mocked and ridiculed for choosing Finland, now I feel vindicated.

Finland will win the gold.

Zaddik

sweden will win. despite the fact that the finns employ that boring-*** trap, sweden has faced that system with succession (czechs), so i'm guessing they'll win if they can play the same as they did with the czechs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad