GDT: Gold Medal Game • May 15 • Sweden 1, Finland 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
(as u know the leading swedish tabloid made the Finnish Lion look like a baby lion)

So, what the Finnish tabloids should do as a front page layout today:

- a crossed-out sperm with a yellow tre kronor shirt (swedish tabloid Expressen style, crossed-out wasp means absolute failure)
... Not the finnish style, really.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
SEON SIINÄ! SEON! SIINÄ! I WAS GRILLING AT THE MARKET PLACE..: SEON SIINÄ! SUOOMIIIIII :D :yo:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I just cant believe this but it is true: WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS was playing a lot around there... and ihanaa leijonat ihanaa.. and poika saunoo... YES!! :yo: So much love shown by the people everyone celebrating.. i just love this. YES:handclap:

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
Congratulations Finland!! Your guys deserved it! A very young and talented team. :handclap:

Tavaresmagicalplay*

Calle Johansson has been going on about Granlunds lack of humility ever since that zorro goal and now he said that he needs to become more humble if he wants to realize his potential.

Does he have some history of attitude problems or is it just Calle being a hater?
Anyone who has seen an interview with Granlund knows that he is a humble guy... It is Calle being a hater, or not understanding that it's new times. Players can be part of a team and still do amazing moves.

Yeah I don't know if you guys have seen the replay of his goal but after he scored the goal he pretty much went immediately to the bench and started covering his face with his glove to hide his big smile. Even barely acknowledging his teammates congratulations on the bench. It was very obvious he was going out of his way not to showboat. Seems like a very classy guy.

ugrimugri*

Hopefully we will just focus on the happiness and joy of Finland. :)

why not go and concentrate on the "peace on earth" statements like the Miss World chicks like to concentrate their statements to? :handclap:

nudpedler

Oct 18, 2010
Huhhuh !

First of all I have to say that Team Sweden was good. And I really mean it. After two periods most of finns at bar was just frustrated (even the game was 1-1) because Sweden was playing quite good. My fav. guys really are Pääjärvi-Svensson and Ekman-Larsson. Young talented guys. They will be beasts.

But....

YES. YES, YES, YES! I hope you all finns were at central of Helsinki. OMG what an atmosphere. I think we will see pictures/videos here.

I am very drunk atm, but quite the same, the same pattern continues tomorrow.

TORILLA TAVATAAN !!

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
Anyone's got the swedish hockey commentators' cuts from the game on video? Viasat is locked.

Edit:

Ihanaa Leijonat Ihanaa!!!

Last edited:

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Last edited:

Qurpiz

Nudes in profile
Nov 5, 2006
Just got home. Only thing I want to say is:

The last time I was this wet, I was in the NCO school in the army.
The last time I was this drunk, I got out of the army
The last time I highfived and shook hands with this many unknown people, I graduated
The last time I've got home this drunk, I almost died
The last time they did this, I was 8 years old

But it's all OK,
it was all
BARNLEK

I don't want to go to sleep, even if I desperately should.

Childs play, right?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Way to go Finland! Finally on top at Worlds. A long time coming with so many 2nd and 3rd place finishes in tournaments.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Congratulations to Finland! I've always had a soft spot for the Finns, and it's great to see their National Team break through and win one! No matter what tournament, the blue and white are always the hardest working team, and it's nice to see them rewarded.

And by the looks of the celebrations in the country, it's a pretty big deal there. Don't let anyone say otherwise - the World Championships matter, and for this year, Finland is the champ!

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Iltasanomat quite answers for Aftonbladet's lion pic

img-1288459728019.jpeg

That's ****ing classless. Not that I expect anything better from these POS tabloids. Apologies to Fasth and the Swedish team and fans.

Fregus

Modo Hockey
Dec 12, 2009
Before the game I said that I was gonna be OK with a loss to Finland, I suppose that's what decided this game. Finland was simply not gonna loose yet another final against Sweden, the Finnish Sisu made the difference.

And no, I'm not OK with this loss, this sucks.

Congrats to Finland though, gotta love a team that plays with that much heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad