Going forward. Buffalo vs Leafs ?

Which one is the best team going forward and why?

• Buffalo

Votes: 127 71.3%
  • Toronto

Votes: 51 28.7%

• Total voters

Signupnow

Oct 18, 2017
What do you guys think about these teams core and their future. I see a lot of talent in Toronto however i also see difficulties. The Tavares contract for example must be a real problem. Marner being marner at times. One wonders, will buffalo win a playoff series before the leafs? A few years ago it wouldnt cross many peoples minds but the way buffalo is progressing is indeed promising.

Why do you think either team will be better than the other in the long run? And will the leaf ever win a playoff round with its current core? Seems like the least paid star , Nylander has been their best player so far.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Is this long term or short term?

Short term, its the Leafs.. Long term if the Sabres stay on this course and with their 1C locked up for 7.1 AAV, its the Sabres.

Reactions: wintersej

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
let’s hold off on crowning Buffalo kings of the NHL until they actually do something worthwhile for the first time in 20 years

They beat up a shitty Red Wings team tonight, like relax lol

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They are teams in very different positions along the path. The Leafs have shown an ability to keep their most talented players so while there is a window of opportunity right now, I will not count out any team from keeping their best. I'm not yet willing to anoint any changing of the guard between the two, but the margin seems to be shrinking as the Sabres youth finally starts to develop.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Too early. Buffalo has done the easy part which is draft lots of top picks just like Toronto. The tough part is to fill out the rest of the roster with the right mix of players.
I like the direction that Buffalo is going but there’s still a lot of work to do.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
let’s hold off on crowning Buffalo kings of the NHL until they actually do something worthwhile for the first time in 20 years

yeah cause the leafs haven’t won a playoff round in 18 yrs, the sabres have

This is Buffalo easily. Matthews could walk in less then 2 yrs. And the sabres biggest weakness is goaltending and 41 yr old Craig anderson and mike comrie is better collectively then what Toronto has.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland

Not sure what makes you think this game has anything to do with it. It was nice, don't get me wrong, but refer to my prior post in the thread.

Too early. Buffalo has done the easy part which is draft lots of top picks just like Toronto. The tough part is to fill out the rest of the roster with the right mix of players.
I like the direction that Buffalo is going but there’s still a lot of work to do.

We have so many top picks, the "rest of the roster" will also be filled by the top picks lmfao

Or whichever of our multiple other picks, a large amount of which look interesting, happen to pan out

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Not sure what makes you think this game has anything to do with it. It was nice, don't get me wrong, but refer to my prior post in the thread.

We have so many top picks, the "rest of the roster" will also be filled by the top picks lmfao

Or whichever of our multiple other picks, a large amount of which look interesting, happen to pan out
That’s never the way it works. Look at Colorado. Added Kuemper, Toews, Kadri, Nichuskin just to name a few. No championship team is ever just home grown guys.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
That’s never the way it works. Look at Colorado. Added Kuemper, Toews, Kadri, Nichuskin just to name a few. No championship team is ever just home grown guys.

Enter Tuch, Krebs, traded for Levi I guess. Hell we traded for Thompson.

But no seriously, it's a simple numbers game. We basically already have a full roster minus a couple of D maybe. With last year's THREE 1st rounders coming up in Savoie, Ostlund, Kulich, our 1st from the year before in Rosen, and literally like 15-20 guys behind them to potentially fill out the roster.

We could for sure trade some quantity for quality, but we don't necessarily need to.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
There should be a "neither" option in the poll. Both teams are obviously cursed. TML will make the playoffs more going forward but will be an easy out. Buffalo will fluctuate between in/out but will likely never see the finals. Both franchises will fade into irrelevancy and moved to Saskatoon and Quebec city respectively.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Enter Tuch, Krebs, traded for Levi I guess. Hell we traded for Thompson.

But no seriously, it's a simple numbers game. We basically already have a full roster minus a couple of D maybe. With last year's THREE 1st rounders coming up in Savoie, Ostlund, Kulich, our 1st from the year before in Rosen, and literally like 15-20 guys behind them to potentially fill out the roster.

We could for sure trade some quantity for quality, but we don't necessarily need to.
You keep mentioning Levi and not Ukko-Pekka Lukkonen, who I was always very high on (though, thats based on his name haha), is he not still a top goalie prospect?

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
You keep mentioning Levi and not Ukko-Pekka Lukkonen, who I was always very high on (though, thats based on his name haha), is he not still a top goalie prospect?

He very much is, and there is Portillo for now too if he signs with us.

Levi is just built different.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
This year it’s the leafs. Next year it’s a tie. In 2 years, it’s Sabres

lol

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Going forward, it's easily Sabres. Leafs have like 1 or 2 years left until they become terrible.

Reactions: centipede2233

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
It's hard to ignore the team atmosphere in Buffalo right now, but that group has no playoff experience together. I can't really judge the group until I see how they handle that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad