Proposal: Going All In for 17/18

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Go all in? Reality is that most teams need to be competitive playoff teams for 4 or 5 years before they become contenders. We will only be in year 7 of our 15 year build. Lets not rush it.

Teams with high end young talent make the jump quickly.

Pens missed the playoffs when Sid was a Rookie and won when he was 21.
Hawks missed when Toews and Kane were a rookie, but won when they were 21 and 20.
Getz and Perry were 21. Doughty was also 21.

Things were a little different for the Bruins and Wings - and further yet with the repeat winners, but these guys have to figure out who the hell they are soon and win some games before management has to make hard choices and move some people.

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
Alzner is not good. Did anyone watch the playoffs last year or the 2 games this year? Honestly Brooks Orpik is a better player than Alzner from what I've seen. Haven't checked any numbers or anything though.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Overrated, Overated and Overrated is all I ever hear when it comes to any free agent, but regardless of the "Overrated" statements this team is much better than the one we have(Thornton at 3rd Line Center), but in reality I think even if we could manage the cap Chevy is to cheap for it.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Overrated, Overated and Overrated is all I ever hear when it comes to any free agent, but regardless of the "Overrated" statements this team is much better than the one we have(Thornton at 3rd Line Center), but in reality I think even if we could manage the cap Chevy is to cheap for it.

Some are overrated some are not.

Alzner: is.
Muzzin: is not.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
You think it was an anomaly? Would acquiring him be a case of buying low, if so?

When you can buy low on a muzzin you do it every ****ing time imo. That's the absolute epitomy of a smart hockey move.

Not sure it costs what were proposed KY giving up but I personally (imo) feel Meyers is a good guy to expose because his perceived value is probably much higher then his real value (or the downgrade from Meyer to Say postma isn't as big as the downgrade from Perrault to Lowry or dano. My opinion mAh be colored but I'm getting very frustrated be by our orgs love of he "worse" (not necessarily "bad") options, or: prioritizing Lowry and Meyers over more valuable BN pieces.

Meyers did have a fantastic yet short* season this year. I just don't believe it's the predictor of the future and is more likely the outlier of an otherwise "ok" career

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
When you can buy low on a muzzin you do it every ****ing time imo. That's the absolute epitomy of a smart hockey move.

Not sure it costs what were proposed KY giving up but I personally (imo) feel Meyers is a good guy to expose because his perceived value is probably much higher then his real value (or the downgrade from Meyer to Say postma isn't as big as the downgrade from Perrault to Lowry or dano. My opinion mAh be colored but I'm getting very frustrated be by our orgs love of he "worse" (not necessarily "bad") options, or: prioritizing Lowry and Meyers over more valuable BN pieces.

Meyers did have a fantastic yet short* season this year. I just don't believe it's the predictor of the future and is more likely the outlier of an otherwise "ok" career

Yup if they can't get Enstrom to waive then I'd first try to deal Myers, there's always a suckered out there for a big RD but if no takers then I'd seriously consider exposing him. If we lose him no big deal. Bring Postma back and go out and sign a LHD in FA.

Morrissey Trouba
UFA Buff
Enstrom Postma

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Find a way to get rid of Matthias, Enstrom, Mark Staurt

Trades: Next seasons 2nd and 3rd for Edouard-Vlasic, Trade Little, Armia and our First round pick to New Jersey for their First Rounder(Projected 3rd)

1st Round Draft Pick: Cody Glass(From Pick)

Protect: Scheifele, Wheeler, Little, Lowry, Trouba, Byfuglien, Myers and Enstrom
Lose: Perrault

Sign: Bishop and Datsyuk(if he's willing to play in the NHL, if not pursue Thornton)

Ehlers Scheifele Laine
Connor Datsyuk Wheeler Roslovic Glass Petan
Tanev Lowry Copp
Lemieux

Morrisey Trouba
Edouard-Vlasic Myers
Poolman Byfuglien
Chairot

Bishop
Hellebuyck

Last edited:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
So you think the Jets would trade for Muzzin?

Did I say that? I asked a simple question - don't put words in my mouth, please.

Yes, but you'd only be buying low if his last season was an anomaly - I don't know enough about Muzzin to know whether or not this is the case, thus my Q.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary

Trades: Next seasons 2nd and 3rd for Edouard-Vlasic, Trade Little, Armia and our First round pick to New Jersey for their First Rounder(Projected 3rd)

Protect: Scheifele, Wheeler, Little, Lowry, Trouba, Byfuglien, Myers and Enstrom

Sign: Bishop and Datsyuk(if he's willing to play in the NHL, if not pursue Thornton)

Ehlers Scheifele Laine
Tanev Lowry Copp
Lemieux

Morrisey Trouba
Edouard-Vlasic Myers
Poolman Byfuglien
Chairot

Bishop
Hellebuyck

Not gonna lie, I think this would be an absolutely horrific way forward. Little, armia and our first rounder for NJ first rounder?? Why would you pay that much for a player not even NHL ready? Datsyuk??? Our current forward group is farrr stronger than what you have created here, even with Thorburn on the 4th line. I don't even want to think of what other teams would do to a roslovic-glass-petan line.

Overpaying for poor quality is not a good way to win right away.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba

Ehlers Scheifele Laine
Tanev Lowry Copp
Lemieux

Morrisey Trouba
Edouard-Vlasic Myers
Poolman Byfuglien
Chairot

Bishop
Hellebuyck
Vlasic for a 2nd and 3rd? Seriously?
Think what we'd want for wheeler to gauge his value.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Wtf?

To compete this year your replacing Bryan little with an ancient datsuyk who's been out of the league for a year (two?) And bringing in three rookies into the top nine?

That's disgustingly bad.

Also I'd lose my **** if we got vkasic for a second and a third, don't think that's anywhere close to his value

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB

Ehlers Scheifele Laine
Tanev Lowry Copp
Lemieux

Morrisey Trouba
Edouard-Vlasic Myers
Poolman Byfuglien
Chairot

Bishop
Hellebuyck

I honestly think this roster is worse than ones we could ice with only moderate UFA acquisitions

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
You think it was an anomaly? Would acquiring him be a case of buying low, if so?

I would think it's more of a anomaly than a permanent regression. However I am not convinced that Muzzin will ever get back to the level he was at before. More of a low end top pairing guy rather than the #1 numbers he had previously posted (he was mediocre top 4 this year I think).

I am not convinced that LA would sell low on Muzzin. It really depends on how the new management feels about Forbort, LaDue, Gravel taking the next step.

I think a more realistic and better trade might be something around Gravel and Dano. I've said it all year, I think it's the perfect fit for both teams. LA needs some scoring punch, Dano would be a dream fit with Kopitar and WPG needs a borderline top 4 LD with upside.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Did I say that? I asked a simple question - don't put words in my mouth, please.

Yes, but you'd only be buying low if his last season was an anomaly - I don't know enough about Muzzin to know whether or not this is the case, thus my Q.

I'm simply asserting that it isn't Chevys MO. I can't explain his inability to make hockey moves, and our record of poor pro scouting, but clearly this org wants to do everything "in house". Hopefully that changes this spring as Chevy will have some unique opportunities to plug some of those holes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad