Goals against review thread

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
His defenders did him no favors on that either.
He was extremely careless.

And that was his SECOND giveaway that led to a goal last night.

The first one he sent it up the boards and turned it over. It took a bit for the goal to happen, but his team never got possession of it again before the goal.

He's been a disaster since his hot start. And he started off so hot that he's still considerably in the positive on the season.

He's also pretty injury prone. I'm surprised Vegas retained him and didn't just Kuemper him and let someone else sign him after they won the cup.

Reactions: My3Sons

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Christ I'd love to see Vegas Choke and miss the playoffs. That franchise has just rubbed me the wrong way since day one. Take nothing away they earned their cup but, doesn't mean I have to like it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
April 11th, 2024

Devils vs Maple Leafs: 5 goals against Allen, 1 stoppable. 6 goals against Samsonov, 4 stoppable.

Capitals vs Sabres: 3 goals against Lindgren, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Luukkonen, 0 stoppable.

Blue Jackets vs Panthers: 4 goals against Greaves, 1 stoppable. Bobrovsky gets the shutout.

Flyers vs Rangers: 1 goal against Ersson, 0 stoppable. 4 goals against Quick, 0 stoppable.

Red Wings vs Penguins: 6 goals against Lyon, 4 stoppable. 5 goals against Nedeljkovic, 2 stoppable.

Senators vs Lightning: 2 goals against Forsberg, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Tomkins, 1 stoppable.

Canadiens vs Islanders: 3 goals against Montembeault, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Varlamov, 1 stoppable.

Jets vs Stars: 2 goals against Oettinger, 0 stoppable. Brossoit gets the shutout.

Sharks vs Kraken: 1 goal against Cooley, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Daccord, 1 stoppable.

Flames vs Kings: 3 goals against Markstrom, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Talbot, 0 stoppable.

Goals scored against goalies: 55. Goals stoppable: 21. Percentage of goals stoppable: 38.18%. Combined save percentages: .898%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this Drew O’Connor goal on Alex Lyon

The one goalie that was somehow as bad as Samsonov last night

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
April 12th, 2024

Hurricanes vs Blues: 2 goals against Andersen, 0 stoppable. 3 goals against Binnington, 2 stoppable.

Predators vs Blackhawks: 1 goal against Lankinen, 1 stoppable. 5 goals against Soderblom, 1 stoppable.

Coyotes vs Oilers: 2 goals against Vejmelka, 0 stoppable. 3 goals against Pickard, 2 stoppable.

Flames vs Ducks: 3 goals against Wolf, 2 stoppable. 6 goals against Gibson, 2 stoppable.

Wild vs Golden Knights: 7 goals against Fleury, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Thompson, 0 stoppable.

Goals scored against goalies: 34. Goals stoppable: 11. Percentage of goals stoppable: 32.35%. Combined save percentages: .891%.

Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this Andrei Kuzmenko goal on John Gibson

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Has any young goalie stood out to you? Levi and Wolf got a lot of hype but haven’t seen either one make a big impact
Not really, to be honest with you. Can't think of one in particular.

Levi hasn't been as bad as his overall stats. I think most of his underlying numbers on the three websites in GSAx are not too bad, in relation to his save percentage. He hasn't played in 2 weeks since our game. I don't know if he was sent down or hurt again or if Luukkonen has just been playing every game.

Wolf has been just okay to this point I guess? If he's not ready now, he'll never be, so I think it's just a matter of finding some kind of a rhythm.

Speaking of Luukkonen, maybe he would qualify? I believe he's only 24. I'm not completely sold on him, but he's had a good season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Uh oh, Han is coming for Bleed's job...

Hmmm, I always appreciate people who grade goalies tougher than I do, especially when so many think I grade them too tough.

I need another look at the first goal, it was only 21 seconds long the video and there was no replay. I'll have to wait till that game ends. The game recap has longer video clips and replays than just the goal clip these days, which have been very reduced, mostly on the NHL app, but even the ESPN app has them very condensed sometimes and it did for that one. I normally wouldn't nail the goalie on that first goal, but the shooter may have fanned on it and it may have been an easier shot to stop than it looked.

I wouldn't nail him on goal 2 at all.

Goal 3? Maybe a poor rebound.

Goal 4 was VERY bad. He turns the puck over and THEN gets beaten on a dead angle. That was a BAD one.

I honestly thought his goals the other night against us were really bad.

I would say all but the Nolan Foote goal were between 2 and 4 on his scale. Maybe the Timo goal right after the faceoff (I think it was Timo's second goal?) was a 2. I didn't nail him on it, but it sure looked borderline. He looked like a statue on it, that's for sure.

The other 4 he allowed in that game were all 3 and 4 on his scale. Both Bratt goals were definitely 4 in that game on Han's scale. The first Timo goal was probably close enough to a 3 and and the first goal could have been a 4 because he had it just about covered, then lost it and it came back into play.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly, this is where you really need to question Sheldon Keefe's worth.

Why would he even start Samsonov again tonight after the disaster of a game he had against us? And he still didn't even pull him tonight after 4 goals in the 1st period.

It's not like this is a bonafide number one goalie that's just struggling right now, like if it were Saros or Shesterkin, who struggled at times this year.

We're talking about a guy that their team put on waivers just a few months ago and sent to the minors. They may be wishing somebody made that claim and took that toy away from Sheldon Keefe.

Reactions: My3Sons and Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
April 13th, 2024

Devils vs Flyers: 1 goal against Kahkonen, 1 stoppable. Ersson gets the shutout.

Islanders vs Rangers: 2 goals against Sorokin, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Shesterkin, 0 stoppable.

Kraken vs Stars: 3 goals against Grubauer, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Oettinger, 0 stoppable.

Jets vs Avalanche: 4 goals against Georgiev, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Annunen in relief, 2 stoppable. Hellebuyck gets the shutout.

Sabres vs Panthers: 3 goals against Luukkonen, 0 stoppable. 2 goals against Bobrovsky, 0 stoppable.

Lightning vs Capitals: 4 goals against Vasilevskiy, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Lindgren, 1 stoppable.

Canadiens vs Senators: 4 goals against Primeau, 0 stoppable. 4 goals against Korpisalo, 1 stoppable.

Red Wings vs Maple Leafs: 4 goals against Reimer, 1 stoppable. 5 goals against Samsonov, 2 stoppable.

Blue Jackets vs Predators: 6 goals against Greaves, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Saros, 1 stoppable.

Bruins vs Penguins: 4 goals against Ullmark, 0 stoppable. 3 goals against Nedeljkovic, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Jarry in relief, 1 stoppable.

Canucks vs Oilers: 1 goal against DeSmith, 0 stoppable. 2 goals against Skinner, 1 stoppable.

Ducks vs Kings: 3 goals against Dostal, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Rittich, 1 stoppable.

Wild vs Sharks: 2 goals against Wallstedt, 1 stoppable. 6 goals against Blackwood, 2 stoppable.

Goals scored against goalies: 78. Goals stoppable: 24. Percentage of goals stoppable: 30.77%. Combined save percentages: .906%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this David Perron goal on Ilya Samsonov

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
April 14th, 2024

Kraken vs Blues: 3 goals against Daccord, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Hofer, 1 stoppable.

Avalanche vs Golden Knights: 4 goals against Georgiev, 3 stoppable. 3 goals against Hill, 1 stoppable.

Hurricanes vs Blackhawks: 2 goals against Kochetkov, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Mrazek, 1 stoppable.

Coyotes vs Flames: 6 goals against Ingram, 2 stoppable. 5 goals against Wolf, 2 stoppable.

Goals scored against goalies: 27. Goals stoppable: 12. Percentage of goals stoppable: 44.4%. Combined save percentages: .875%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this Kasperi Kapanen goal on Joey Daccord

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The goal that Jeff Skinner allowed last night vs San Jose was pretty epic!
That would be Stuart Skinner lol. Jeff Skinner is a forward.

I will be completely honest. I didn't watch a second of hockey last night after our game ended. I walked for a couple hours around the neighborhood and talked to my friend up home for 2 hours on the phone. I have not reviewed a single goal from last night yet. The only goals I saw happened in the Devils game.

I'm going to get to work on that. I try to post them before the next day's/night's games start. Normally I have them reviewed by either the end of that night or early in the morning if I went to bed before the late games ended. I just don't type them until after lunch time normally, because the typing it up part is actually the hardest part.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
That would be Stuart Skinner lol. Jeff Skinner is a forward.

I will be completely honest. I didn't watch a second of hockey last night after our game ended. I walked for a couple hours around the neighborhood and talked to my friend up home for 2 hours on the phone. I have not reviewed a single goal from last night yet. The only goals I saw happened in the Devils game.

I'm going to get to work on that. I try to post them before the next day's/night's games start. Normally I have them reviewed by either the end of that night or early in the morning if I went to bed before the late games ended. I just don't type them until after lunch time normally, because the typing it up part is actually the hardest part.
Surprised I didn’t Mike Skinner lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
April 15th, 2024

Islanders vs Devils: 1 goal against Varlamov, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Allen, 2 stoppable.

Canadiens vs Red Wings: 5 goals against Montembeault, 2 stoppable. 4 goals against Lyon, 0 stoppable.

Predators vs Penguins: 4 goals against Saros, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Nedeljkovic, 1 stoppable.

Sabres vs Lightning: 2 goals against Comrie, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Vasilevskiy, 0 stoppable.

Bruins vs Capitals: 1 goal against Swayman, 0 stoppable. Lindgren gets the shutout.

Senators vs Rangers: 4 goals against Korpisalo, 0 stoppable. Shesterkin gets the shutout.

Sharks vs Oilers: 8 goals against Cooley, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Romanov in relief, 0 stoppable. 2 goals against Skinner, 1 stoppable.

Wild vs Kings: 1 goal against Gustavsson, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Talbot, 2 stoppable.

Goals scored against goalies: 46. Goals stoppable: 13. Percentage of goals stoppable: 28.26%. Combined save percentages: .896%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this Daniil Gushchin goal on Stuart Skinner

I figured it had to be this, but the Kaprizov goal on Cam Talbot was also pretty ugly.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
April 16th, 2024

Senators vs Bruins: 1 goal against Forsberg, 0 stoppable. 2 goals against Ullmark, 2 stoppable.

Hurricanes vs Blue Jackets: 6 goals against Martin, 3 stoppable. 3 goals against Greaves, 1 stoppable.

Red Wings vs Canadiens: 4 goals against Reimer, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Primeau, 3 stoppable.

Capitals vs Flyers: 1 goal against Lindgren, 0 stoppable. 1 goal against Ersson, 0 stoppable.

Maple Leafs vs Panthers: 4 goals against Woll, 0 stoppable. 2 goals against Stolarz, 1 stoppable.

Kraken vs Jets: 4 goals against Grubauer, 0 stoppable. 3 goals against Hellebuyck, 0 stoppable.

Blackhawks vs Golden Knights: 2 goals against Mrazek, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Thompson, 0 stoppable.

Flames vs Canucks: 4 goals against Markstrom, 3 stoppable. 1 goal against Demko, 0 stoppable.

Goals scored against goalies: 43. Goals stoppable: 15. Percentage of goals stoppable: 34.88%. Combined save percentages: .911%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad