Prospect Info: Goalies that have caught your eye

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
With the need for goalies throughout the organization, I figured I'd see who you guys have been keeping an eye on outside the NHL or that have recently caught your attention.

I've stumbled on a couple goalies who I feel could be legitimate contenders for us going forward:

Ludvig Persson, 21, Miami University (Ohio)
  • Rookie season in the NCAA, playing on a poorous team, and is nominated for the Hobey Baker. Seems legit. Hopefully Holland and co. have him cornered.
  • His numbers were somewhat consistent in the Swedish junior leagues but really broke out when he came over to NA.
  • Ludvig Persson at eliteprospects.com
Dominik Pavlat, 21, HC Plzen
  • Put up pretty good stats in '17-'18 for the U20 team, and in '18-'19 for the U19 team.
  • Struggled in the higher leagues both years.
  • Broke out last year with a strong season in the Czech2 league, going 29-22-0 with a 2.53 gaa and a .923 sv%
  • Has continued the strong play this season, in limited action (11 games), going 6-4-0 with a 2.31 gaa and .923 sv%
  • Dominik Pavlat at eliteprospects.com
We've also got goalies drafted by teams in the league who have goaltending depth, such as Florida, who with Bobrovsky and Knight, seems like Devon Levi could be had. Lukas Dostal in Anaheim if Gibson isn't going anywhere. Chris Driedger has also been mentioned.

Konovalov is our best bet for a goalie in our system. Rodrigue probably has a chance but isn't off to a good start. Skinner seems like he'll settle in as a backup. We gotta get our goalie procurement going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad