Goalies playing back to backs

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Hi Guys,
Ball hockey goalie here....

Now that I'm playing more games, i'm getting more calls from teams that are in need of goaltending. I've found myself in a situation where I'm playing two back to backs this week.

Tonight at 8PM, Tomorrow at 10AM
Tuesday at 9PM, Wednesday at 8PM

Do you guys have any secrets as to how I can dry out my Chest and pants?
I know my mask, helmet and blocker will never be dry in time already.

Usually I throw my stuff on the porch but its going to be raining here for the next three days...

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
I got a Rocket Dryer for Christmas and it's great. I'm a forward and it drys my stuff out in an hour or so. Before that, I would just layout my stuff in my equipment room and stet up a space heater inside with it running overnight. Always found stuff was dry by the next day.

I've heard of people throwing their stuff into a washroom with the fan going. Not sure about the time frame, but I would assume it would dry faster with all that air circulation. If you don't have an equipment room to try the space heater out, you could use it in the washroom with the fan going.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I got a Rocket Dryer for Christmas and it's great. I'm a forward and it drys my stuff out in an hour or so. Before that, I would just layout my stuff in my equipment room and stet up a space heater inside with it running overnight. Always found stuff was dry by the next day.

I've heard of people throwing their stuff into a washroom with the fan going. Not sure about the time frame, but I would assume it would dry faster with all that air circulation. If you don't have an equipment room to try the space heater out, you could use it in the washroom with the fan going.
How about just a regular fan. As a goalie who's played 5 games in a single day (2 went OT/shootout), just do your best to keep things not soaked. More importantly to you, stay hydrated

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
take it out of the bag and hang it/prop it up so air can circulate through it. it should be dry by the AM

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Just take it out of your bag and hang it up over the night (which you should to anyways)

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I can have all of my equipment dry in a couple hours. All I need is somewhere to hang it up, and a simple box fan.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
This time of year I can hang it outside to dry if need be. Like others said, just take it out and hang it up in the house. Should do well enough

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad