Cory Schneider... i doubt he will fall till the third tho
Joe Falloon...might be too early, but could be worth a pick then
Justin Peters...probably will be still around, good sound goalie
Julien Ellis...could fall to the third imo
David Brown...would be a great pick in the third

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
steblick said:
Magnus Akerlund- Sweden. Best in Europe this draft after Schwarz.

oh, #2 in europe might be a bit high praised, but if you're right, i'd be happy. i love this kid. i see him to get drafted in round 5 or so.

Duster

Feb 20, 2004
TopGun12 said:
Cory Schneider... i doubt he will fall till the third tho
Joe Falloon...might be too early, but could be worth a pick then
Justin Peters...probably will be still around, good sound goalie
Julien Ellis...could fall to the third imo
David Brown...would be a great pick in the third

Julien Ellis could be a potential steal if he slides to the third round IMO. I doubt he will last till then. Mind you, there are plenty of quality goalies available this year so it's not impossible.

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
I've heard many say LaCosta should go aroudn the third round, I think that is accurate. I also heard somewhere he is a lock to go in the top 100, but being the 5th ranked N.A. goalie, a lot of goalies would have to be taken, unless you see his ranking as unjust.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Some 3rd or 4th round candidates:
Michal Valant - Slovakia
Jason Churchill - Halifax(QMJHL)
Joe Fallon - Cedar Rapids(USHL)
Jeff Glass - Kootenay(WHL)

X-SHARKIE

I also agree on the Thomas Greiss.... He's a very lively goaltender and could be the steal of young goalies in this draft much like the German Patrick Ehelechner was before him.

I have seen Joe Fallon aloot over the past few seasons....I dont think he's worth a third round pick....I had his range in the 4th-5th...I think 3rd is a reach.

A late round steal would be Troy Davenport of Green Bay who impressed me .... he's a smaller goalie but don't be surprised if a team takes him 7-8th rounds.

Another good late round steal could be Dominic Vicari...overlooked because of size issues....he has great mechanics and is one awesome athlete.

I'm sorry if he was already mentioned....if not I cant believe he hasn't..

A great third round pick up would be Martin Houle. Still to this day overlooked. Amazing rebound control and one of the smartest goalies in the draft who just really knows his position.

Another goalie who I have fallen in love with this year is Justin Pogge. Plays for Prince George in the dub.....big goalie, Awesome approach to the game..never gives up on a save and is very quick and flexible.

There is no excuse not to land a very good goalie in this draft if thats a hole your team needs to fill.

Steal from Europe: Karri Ramo from Finland...Could be the next Mikka Kipprasauff.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
After Leclaire, the Jackets have nothing. They better draft one goalie in the third and at least another one in the later rounds. I'm hoping Schendier falls to their third round pick (they also ave TB and Cauncks).

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Martin Houle (Cape Breton)
Michael Wall (Everett)
Gabriel Bouthillette (Gatineau)

I'd like to see the Blues get any of these guys in the third if they can't snag Schwarz or Montoya in the first, and if they decide to go with a scoring forward rather than draft Dubnyk 17th overall.

PrussianBlue :blues

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Steal from Europe: Karri Ramo from Finland...Could be the next Mikka Kipprasauff.

Aleksis Ahlqvist, whom Rämö somehow beat to the backup's job, is more talented. He's far from the big butterfly mold, but he could be among the best in Europe in five years, and then ready to make the jump. If the right guys have been watching him at the right times, he could easily go in the third round.

McCabeW

Jul 2, 2003
Visit site
Michal Valent

Do you have any Info on Valent? From what I have heard he has been very impressive in U18's.
Bluenote13 said:
Some 3rd or 4th round candidates:
Michal Valant - Slovakia
Jason Churchill - Halifax(QMJHL)
Joe Fallon - Cedar Rapids(USHL)
Jeff Glass - Kootenay(WHL)

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
McCabeW said:
Do you have any Info on Valent? From what I have heard he has been very impressive in U18's.

I saw a game vs. the US in the Viking cup where he was good, but his team was not. With a better squad at Belarus he's starting to get noticed. I think he'll be better once he grews a bit, he's still very small for a Pro goalie(6'0, 160).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad