Proposal: Goalie(s) Trade: CGY-COL-TOR

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
Given that our esteeming pile of doggy doodoo owner seems to think that playoffs are still in reach, who knows if the Flames trade Markstrom (or trades with Toronto for that matter) but perhaps there can be found a middle ground here involving the needs of all three teams here.

Colorado Receives:
Markstrom (50% retained)
Vladar

Calgary Receives:
Calum Ritchie
Francouz
Conditional 2026 2nd round pick (if Colorado makes SCF it becomes a 2026 1st)
Colorado 4th round pick

Samsonov
Toronto 2024 or 2026 1st or Minten
Ryan Reaves
2024 or 2025 4th round pick

Toronto Receives:
Georgiev
A.J. Greer

I tried balancing the value as best as I can. Reasoning (though unlikely a pair of goalies from the same teams get traded) is that Colorado upgrades their goaltending immediately (including for next season), Calgary takes on some cap dumps and gets some solid futures, and Toronto also upgrades their goaltending while dumping Reaves and getting a better player in Greer for the bottom six.

Unlikely, but how's the value?

• Haha
Reactions: colchar and Haatley

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I wouldnt bother wasting our few picks we have in turning Samsonov into Georgiev, not worth it

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
avs pay their best prospect, a 1st/2nd + their starter for Jacob markstrom, and his sidekick. Hilariously bad. We trade our 2 goalies for Calgary’s two goalies, then add some picks & our best prospect.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Given that our esteeming pile of doggy doodoo owner seems to think that playoffs are still in reach, who knows if the Flames trade Markstrom (or trades with Toronto for that matter) but perhaps there can be found a middle ground here involving the needs of all three teams here.

Colorado Receives:
Markstrom (50% retained)
Vladar

Calgary Receives:
Calum Ritchie
Francouz
Colorado 4th round pick

Samsonov
Ryan Reaves

Toronto Receives:
Georgiev
A.J. Greer

I tried balancing the value as best as I can. Reasoning (though unlikely a pair of goalies from the same teams get traded) is that Colorado upgrades their goaltending immediately (including for next season), Calgary takes on some cap dumps and gets some solid futures, and Toronto also upgrades their goaltending while dumping Reaves and getting a better player in Greer for the bottom six.

Colorado barfs and barfs again. The phone breaks. The end.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
This is absurd.

And the Avs aren’t trading Ritchie. I believe Seravalli said earlier today that the Avs told clubs he’s near untouchable now.

Reactions: McJedi

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010

Colorado Receives:
Markstrom (50% retained)
Vladar

Calgary Receives:
Calum Ritchie
Francouz
Colorado 4th round pick

Samsonov
Ryan Reaves

Toronto Receives:
Georgiev
A.J. Greer

Do you think Georgiev is good or something?

Yarborough

Mar 14, 2015
YYC
The way CMac talked about Ritchie recently makes me think he’s not available. They are excited about his future with the team. I understand wanting him, but to me it’s not worth it. No thanks from Colorado.
Ah fair enough, would a first and a second (or equivalent prospect) be better value compared to Ritchie (who is off the table seemingly based on what you said about the Avs GM) for Markstrom straight across at 50%? Given that Calgary is seemingly supplying a western conference arms race these days it makes sense that the avs may look for a goalie and the flames have one who is pretty solid.

This is absurd.

And the Avs aren’t trading Ritchie. I believe Seravalli said earlier today that the Avs told clubs he’s near untouchable now.
Fair enough. Would the Avs rather pursue a backup or a 1a/b kind of goalie then. Based on some uncertainty about Georgiev’s performance I have seen.

Do you think Georgiev is good or something?
The Leafs don’t have great goaltending, Georgiev would be an upgrade. Heck the leafs could trade straight for Markstrom but I don’t think our owner would allow it. If Edwards stopped huffing creosote fumes I think Calgary and Toronto could make decent trade partners for Markstrom for something like Minten+ or a 1st+ (the plus here being a pick or lesser prospect).

That is way too value much going back CGY
Fair, fair. It is hard to gauge value often when it comes to talking about trades. I have not made a trade proposal in a long time and I don’t think I was all that good at them in the past either haha.

Yarborough

Mar 14, 2015
YYC
Avs dont need a starter, they need a decent backup. Georgiev is just overworked.
Would Vladar be of interest? Would be cheap to aquire, and while he doesn’t have the best numbers this year, would probably do well behind a stronger Colorado lineup.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Ah fair enough, would a first and a second (or equivalent prospect) be better value compared to Ritchie (who is off the table seemingly based on what you said about the Avs GM) for Markstrom straight across at 50%? Given that Calgary is seemingly supplying a western conference arms race these days it makes sense that the avs may look for a goalie and the flames have one who is pretty solid.

Fair enough. Would the Avs rather pursue a backup or a 1a/b kind of goalie then. Based on some uncertainty about Georgiev’s performance I have seen.

The Leafs don’t have great goaltending, Georgiev would be an upgrade. Heck the leafs could trade straight for Markstrom but I don’t think our owner would allow it. If Edwards stopped huffing creosote fumes I think Calgary and Toronto could make decent trade partners for Markstrom for something like Minten+ or a 1st+ (the plus here being a pick or lesser prospect).

Fair, fair. It is hard to gauge value often when it comes to talking about trades. I have not made a trade proposal in a long time and I don’t think I was all that good at them in the past either haha.
I'd rather Leafs take their chances with Sammy and Woll than georgiev and that boat anchor contract.

Yarborough

Mar 14, 2015
YYC
I'd rather Leafs take their chances with Sammy and Woll than georgiev and that boat anchor contract.
Would Markstrom at 50% retained be of any interest for something like 1st (or Minten) + lesser prospect or pick + Samsonov, or no?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00