Goalie Depth - Carolina Hurricanes #4

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
Alex+Nedeljkovic+Plymouth+Whalers+v+London+lalo6a8BCfxl.jpg

Where does Alex Nedeljkovic rank on your goalie depth chart?

#1 - Anton Khudobin
#2 - Cam Ward
#3 - Daniel Altshuller

Pending UFAs are not included.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
4th, 5th if Peters comes back but I don't think he will. Not a bash on the kid at all, just a matter that the others are already proven and pretty high upside as well. Except for Peters who's just simply proven.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
What's the deal with Olson?

Didn't get the playing time he was expecting to at Ohio State. He had a solid start to his freshman year but one or two bad games caused his coach to bench him. Was getting the same treatment last year and his only two showings were really bad so he said "FU, I'm out", went back to the USHL, and did fairly well there. That said, he hasn't signed anywhere for this coming season yet. I think he's too old for the junior leagues (that or this is his last year of eligibility) and he'll probably have to try to find a good NCAA situation to try to find a way to get some playing time as a walk-on for a year.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Besides the 5 mentioned in this thread, the only other one off the top of my head is Mahalak, and I have no idea how he's doing these days.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
We didn't retain his rights anyway. I think he played his overage (poorly) in the OHL for another team since the Whalers had Nedeljkovic. Probably going to end up going the Canadian College Hockey route after this since I can't possibly see him catching on with a team in the AHL, even the ECHL could be dicey.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
We didn't retain his rights anyway. I think he played his overage (poorly) in the OHL for another team since the Whalers had Nedeljkovic. Probably going to end up going the Canadian College Hockey route after this since I can't possibly see him catching on with a team in the AHL, even the ECHL could be dicey.

Ya, we released his rights and he re-entered last year's draft only to go unpicked. Was traded to Kingston for his overage year and put up the worst stats of his ohl career. I think you're right that he'll likely go get his free education and play cis hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad