Pre-Game Talk: Goalie controversy? Panthers start 9 game homestand with Chris Driedger's 1st nhl start

Florida is in a playoff spot but close to falling out. How happy are you with the season so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
:nashville

WtlrPcc.jpg

MuObzzl.jpg

Expected Starting Goalie
4992.jpg

#74 Juuse Saros
3-5-2 3.13GAA .891SV%

:panthers

rpHpCeW.jpg

DspLMEa.jpg

Confirmed Starting Goalie

4183.jpg

#60 Chris Driedger
First Career start
NHL career numbers: 0-1-0 2.53GAA .889SV%

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePatientPanther

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
@Beezer you are on for the GDT but I was depressed seeing the Caps thread still.

Anyways, I'm pretty happy with where Florida is. I'm expecting Toronto and Tampa to pass them shortly, putting Florida in 9th, but only 2 points back from Philly, and I'm not concerned about them. And Montreal is a mess. 6 of the 9 teams Florida is facing on this homestand are out of a playoff spot right now, and Nashville is struggling and will be on the 2nd of a b2b and 3rd game in 4 nights this game, Florida will have had 3 days off . Florida then faces bottom feeding Minny and CBJ. Good spot to make up lost ground.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Was just in Nashville the last week and watched
Preds vs blues. That stadium has a great atmosphere and saros
Looked good. Was really good In traffic
That game. Swallowed rebounds thru traffic and deflections well. Preds looked very good that game as well. They’re not great when hemmed in but can move
The puck extremely quick.

Reactions: harv33173

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Hard to vote as if I was told where they would be before the season I would be happy, especially considering how Florida usualy plays the first half of the season, but goalie Bob has not been close to expectations and they've thrown points away. Nashville will be tired, need a W badly.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
@Beezer you are on for the GDT but I was depressed seeing the Caps thread still.

Anyways, I'm pretty happy with where Florida is. I'm expecting Toronto and Tampa to pass them shortly, putting Florida in 9th, but only 2 points back from Philly, and I'm not concerned about them. And Montreal is a mess. 6 of the 9 teams Florida is facing on this homestand are out of a playoff spot right now, and Nashville is struggling and will be on the 2nd of a b2b and 3rd game in 4 nights this game, Florida will have had 3 days off . Florida then faces bottom feeding Minny and CBJ. Good spot to make up lost ground.

Still, CBJ and Minny are no teams to overlook. They have been better we always hat trouble playing both teams..

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Their special teams have been struggling, PP is 22nd, and PK is t29. We need to take advantage of this.

Also four games ago they played Vancouver where they allowed five of six power-play opportunities to be goals.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
How depressed am I with our defensive play? I read the title

Panthers begin season ending

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Starting our AHL goalie after a 4 days break! "Big" move from coach Q

It's a clear message to Bob that he's been bad and enough is enough.

I doubt that Driedger will be another Bennington. But a good and realistic scenario would be Driedger going on a little hot streak (2 or 3 big wins) and once the get back to earth, Bobrovsky takes it from there, play amazing and never look back.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I’d love to see Q try this for our top six:

Huberdeau-Barkov-Connolly
Hoffman-Trocheck-Dadonov

Two lines that can create offense. I think Con would be lethal on the top line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00