Goal horn

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
There’s a trend brewing of playing really random songs. Saginaw Spirit, as an example, have been playing I Wanna Dance with Somebody by Whitney Houston all season. Minnesota Wild do Shout by the Isley Bros. Pittsburgh does Party Hard by Andrew WK. And the Maple Leafs do You Make My Dreams by Hall and Oates.

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
There’s a trend brewing of playing really random songs. Saginaw Spirit, as an example, have been playing I Wanna Dance with Somebody by Whitney Houston all season. Minnesota Wild do Shout by the Isley Bros. Pittsburgh does Party Hard by Andrew WK. And the Maple Leafs do You Make My Dreams by Hall and Oates.
I could see them picking something random but adored like Queen’s UnderPressure and just picking it up at the crescendo/ballad port of the song where Mercury is screaming in falsetto about giving love one more chance and then it gives way to Bowie singing about the last dance. The end 3rd of the song.

Something like that would be in keeping with the growing trend.

Nothing to do with Utah or yetis or outlaws or hockey. But something that makes people of all ages and demographics just jump out of their skin when they hear it. I think if it’s moving and beloved it’s in the running. Like “I wanna dance with somebody” in Saginaw. They go nuts for it. And it makes no sense.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I vote for a Taylor Swift song.
1714928038475.png

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Well I thought of the best option...

Like a Prayer - Madonna

If they won't take this obvious dunk which kind of works in the same way as the Leafs Hall and Oates song did then I think they should embrace SLC Punk and do a rotating 80's hardcore song. Imagine Void's "Who are you" every night!

But I'm sure it will be Post Malone. In an alternate reality it's the Salt Lake Sax with "New York s Alright If You Like Saxophones" as the goal song. And I own the team ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad