GDT: [GM73] Canucks vs Stars | Thur. Mar 28th, 7:00pm | SNP | Big Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Rick Tocchet just has no answers.

Special teams has sucked and we keep trotting out the same crappy shit.

Now we are seriously lacking any offense down the stretch as well and our lines are struggling with a lack of chemistry.

It's good to make adjustments but you need to be able to find a lineup that could semi work and allow the lines to generate chemistry.
Everybody on this planet knew we needed another top six forward at the deadline, it was a necessity if we wanted to make a run for real.

Of course, anything can happen, we can catch fire, and that’s what I’m hoping for, but we have a significant depth problem.

I’m just hopeful everybody is healthy at the start

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Just one of those games where nothing goes for you.
Silver lining here is that our 5 on 5 play has looked very decent.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
A huge issue and i keep beating this drum is tocchets offense, every play you see two players screen the goalie, its so easy to defend, nobody is in prime shooting position and he wont adjust it.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
When the refs allow the other teams stats to board players unpenalized it’s not a surprise
With this league, you're bound to see shit reffing whether it's against the Canucks or the Stars, but the fact is the Canucks don't have a PP. They suck and it's on them. Or the coaching. I don't know. But if they don't fix that issue, they're out in the first round

Reactions: Back in 94

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
I dont think that we, as a team that has had lines in a blender for half the season, are really going to contend with teams with 2-3 lines that have perfect chemistry. The Canucks are just not a team that has everything "figured out" yet.
Yeah this seems sensible. I think we'll get there but it's not going to happen yet. They need to get stronger and more battle hardened so their skill can still be a factor in these kinds of games.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What we're seeing unfortunately is the likely recipe for an early exit from the playoffs for the Canucks....A 3-21 power play on a season-high nine-game homestand will do it every time.

Dallas is 2-4 and Canucks 0-5.....that's all she wrote. It is just too hard to score 5 on 5 goals in the playoffs. Without a PP, you're as good as gone.

Reactions: ProviesGhost

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Our PP and special teams are going to kill us in the playoffs.

Team desperately needed to add a top 6 forward at the deadline and didn't. Thats on Alvin

Reactions: PavelBure10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad