Lindell-Tanev
Suter-Lundkvist

Oettinger

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
vancouver-canucks-trevor-linden-right-and-dallas-stars-mike-modano-shake-hands-after-the-canucks-defeated-the-stars-4-1-in-game-7-of-the-nhl-western-conference-quarterfinals-hockey-playoffs-in-vancouver-monday-april-23-2007-ap-photocp-richard-lam-canada-2PBKBD4.jpg

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

The 2007 playoffs were certainly largely about Roberto Luongo (as it should have been), but it was also cool to see Trevor Linden have one last ride as a big game player. He scored or set up 4 of their 5 game winning goals that spring, including the Game 7 GWG against Dallas.

-

Win or lose this game, just - for the love of God - let it be more entertaining than the Kings game was. I feel nervous for DeSmith in this one, but hopefully the boys are up for a game of Big Boy hockey.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
The LA game thread got closed off.

I thought it was a good playoff type primer game.
LA seemed more ready for a playoff type game BUT the Canucks did make a push.
Boeser looked horrible the first two periods, he couldn't get within a stick length of a LA player and they often just skated away from him. He looked a bit better in the third but then the other team was slowing down overall, so was it him getting faster or them slowing down.

I counted about 5 opportunities to shoot the puck on the net, three where there were other Canucks available for a rebound, but too many attempts at fancy passes. Trying to b too cute.

It was good to see some creativity from the coaches on the PP, Myers and Zadorov while not scoring, didn't hurt any chances and didn't kill ice time ragging it around too long.
I heard a criticism about Zadorov as a net front presence. His play looked like it had not been practiced but the forward should have realized they didn't need two standing side by side.
Another Criticism was the Zadorov couldn't retrieve pucks behind the net? What an incredibly stupid statement, him and Myers are doing exactly that all game long behind their own net and along the boards. Another comment from the radio guys were to let Zadorov, Myers go and resign Cole to a multi year contract.

Now Dallas,

Another team that plays heavy.
6 forwards over 20 goals

Another playoff primer.
I hope Tocchet tries using those big guys more on the PP. I don't know if posters remember games where LA put their biggest guys on the ice then just fed the puck into the melee where their big guys just muscled in a goal especially in the dying minutes of a game.

Dallas can play as stingy as LA but faster.

Vegas or the Preds might end up being the match up for the Canucks.

Hopefully the Nux get their PP going again.

Last edited:

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
The LA game thread got closed off.

I thought it was a good playoff type primer game.
LA seemed more ready for a playoff type game BUT the Canucks did make a push.
Boeser looked horrible the first two periods, he couldn't get within a stick length of a LA player and they often just skated away from him. He looked a bit better in the third but then the other team was slowing down overall, so was it him getting faster or them slowing down.

I counted about 5 opportunities to shoot the puck on the net, three where there were other Canucks available for a rebound, but too many attempts at fancy passes. Trying to b too cute.

It was good to see some creativity from the coaches on the PP, Myers and Zadorov while not scoring, didn't hurt any chances and didn't kill ice time ragging it around too long.
I heard a criticism about Zadorov as a net front presence. His play looked like it had not been practiced but the forward should have realized they didn't need two standing side by side.
Another Criticism was the Zadorov couldn't retrieve pucks behind the net? What an incredibly stupid statement, him and Myers are doing exactly that all game long behind their own net and along the boards. Another comment from the radio guys were to let Zadorov, Myers and resign Cole to a multi year contract.

Now Dallas,

Another team that plays heavy.
6 forwards over 20 goals

Another playoff primer.
I hope Tocchet tries using those big guys more on the PP. I don't know if posters remember games where LA put their biggest guys on the ice then just fed the puck into the melee where their big guys just muscled in a goal especially in the dying minutes of a game.

Dallas can play as stingy as LA but faster.

Vegas or the Preds might end up being the match up for the Canucks.

Hopefully the Nux get their PP going again.
3 goals in that game were off skates .... Really the Canucks could have as easily of won it as lost it. I slept through part of the game, but I gather I didnt miss much.

Anyhow would be nice to win this one and make it official.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Also,

Awaiting the playoff towels the team store will sell.
I haven't bought a legit playoff towel since 2013, I don't think I have that anymore.
I do however, kept the 2011 one in a box.

Playoff towels and car flags, baby!

I also have my 2011 playoff towel. I think I have a few from the bubble season somewhere - but I’m looking forward to buying some new ones!

Reactions: Indiana

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
We really need a few good playoff-troll-enemy avatar options like the good (they were hell! Don't let anyone lie to you!!!!) old days. Not stupid PDO stuff...that was old before it even started. Something fun like Hughes your daddy or Miller hates your children or Demko bubble or ?!?!

I really want something that embraces the f*ck you to the rest of the fan bases and let's own being hated. Poke someone in the eye let em' come at us.

This boards positivity since the start of the season has been really unique. The real fans have drowned out the trolls and BS and have kept things real amongst OUR fanbase. The Canucks board has a lot of inside jokes and (super gayness) banter that you just don't see on most public chat sites. I think it is all funny as hell.

Good job boys and bois and girls and gurls and everyone else...as long as you are a Canucks fan, keep on keepin' on as the boomers would say!

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

I also have my 2011 playoff towel. I think I have a few from the bubble season somewhere - but I’m looking forward to buying some new ones!

The most memorable thing about the 2020 bubble playoffs is someone on Twitter posting Brock Boesers face on Bindy Johal's body, whom was wearing an Adidas tracksuit with his famous phrase "I'm still around".

I think I posted that :laugh: with a IYKYK

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki

I ended up with about 10 of them. I turned them into golf towels. And gave them to friends. The ones that were supplied at the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad