Post-Game Talk: [GM65] Canucks defeat Golden Knights | 3-1 (Hughes, PDG, & Garland) | Boys are so Back!

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Has the team missed Myers at all?

Soucy in for Myers and the team looks much better
One does have to wonder if Myers would play ahead of Juulsen at this point. Having Myers as a number 7 defenceman is a pretty deep group tbh.
As someone who kind of hates Myers and loves Juulsen, I think based on what they've shown, Myers still appears to be significantly better at the moment, to my eyes.

That said, I still fear the moment it all comes crashing down with Myers, and have just become conditioned to have zero faith in the guy.

That said again, with a healthy d-core, I'm more leaning towards this at the moment:

Hughes - Hronek
Soucey - Myers
Zadorov - Juulsen
Cole
Friedman

Last edited:

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Mik best game all season. Very engaged. Solid Solid effort. If he plays that was every game results will follow.

Need to see more out of Lafferty now

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Just a thought but is the team stronger defensively with Juulsen in instead of Myers? Would the Canucks be gaining much replacing Juulsen with Myers when he’s healthy?

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I definitely wanted to comment on this game:

This was their best performance of the year. Very impressive.

They controlled the game for 50~ minutes and gave VGK almost nothing. There was a blip in the early part of the 3rd, but that's it.

- Mikheyev and Lindholm, more of this please.

- Soucy on the right side could be a short term resolution there.

- Hughes was dominant. Pettersson looked fluid and dangerous.

- Their PP still needs work, but haven't gotten back to their optimal formation yet.

When the Canucks are at their best, only a handful of teams have been able to counter them. Bigger teams like VGK, WPG, BOS and LA can rely on their own structure and box out defense to prevent the Canucks from overwhelming them. This sometimes gets the Canucks to press due to impatience, and then they give up odd man chances against. In this game, they remained in their structure and prevented those chances against. As well, and most importantly, they played quicker than their opposition. That meant that VGK was left chasing the game.

Brilliant effort by VAN.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad