Post-Game Talk: [GM5] Canucks defeat Panthers | 5-3 (Hughes, Soucy, Pettersson, Kuzmenko, & Boeser) | Bend, Don’t Break

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
When you look at our team, we have players who aren’t exactly fit to play Tocchet’s coaching style.

Too many pond hockey players. Skate skate skate skate until you realize you haven’t done f*** all the whole shift as you come back to the bench. Rinse and repeat.
Yes, I've been saying this for awhile......you can see sometimes how agitated Tocchet gets behind the bench, when one of the Canucks gets man-handled along the wall.

They simply don't have the personnel to play 'Tocchet hockey' for more than a few games before they revert to their fire-wagon style of play.

It's one of the reasons they traded for Lafferty and brought Studnicka back up. But too many marshmallow forwards to play three-zone hockey.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Not sure where else to post it, so post it here.

Interesting quote from Tocchet in Imac's write up, I wonder who the player was.

Looking at the icetimes and matching it up with players who were here last year, it pretty much had to be Joshua. Maybe Studnicka?

But Joshua saw a big bump in TOI against TB so guessing it's him.

Miller played almost 22 minutes in that game.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Looking at the icetimes and matching it up with players who were here last year, it pretty much had to be Joshua. Maybe Studnicka?

I just went Miller because that sounds precisely like the straight up thing he would say to the coach.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Miller last year definitely would so I don't think it was him.

Also lol at twitter guessing Hoglander, do they realize that Hoglander didn't even play for Tocchet last year?

I'll say PDG or Joshua, Joshua in my opinion was one of the few decent players in that Philly game.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Joshua's an interesting choice.

He did see a pretty big jump in 3rd period ice-time in the TB game (3:17 in the 2nd and 5:02 in the 3rd). Phil di Giuseppe is another option. He only had 1:22 in 3rd period ice-time in Philadelphia and got 5:21 in the 3rd against the Lightning.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I guess the player has balls to confront the coach about his third period ice-time. But just about every forward played so badly in that game, just about anybody deserved to be benched.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks need one more win, either in Sunrise tomorrow night or in Nashville to come home 3-3. It's a modest goal, but would be a helluva lot better than last season.

Reactions: Regress2TheMeme

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Canucks need one more win, either in Sunrise tomorrow night or in Nashville to come home 3-3. It's a modest goal, but would be a helluva lot better than last season.
Florida is probably our best bet

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Last season I was wondering early in the season how many games it would take to win a game, and this season I'm wondering how many games it'll take to finally outshoot an opposing team. It's a slight upgrade, but I'll take it!

• Haha
Reactions: theguardianII

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I guess the player has balls to confront the coach about his third period ice-time. But just about every forward played so badly in that game, just about anybody deserved to be benched.

It would likely be someone who played so little they couldn’t be viewed as impacting the outcome since the game was a tire fire. Joshua or PDG are good guesses.

Look who got cut on a shortened bench and the candidates are easy.

Reactions: theguardianII

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Can we try beau with pety and kuz... the guy needs something to get going
Beau needs to be traded before the end of the season when he is a FA. Can't afford another 4+million contract for a tinker bell. Need a Tarzan! More Tarzans!
How about league average that would be a start instead of pygmies.

Panthers are fast

Reactions: Sonny A

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad