Post-Game Talk: [GM41] Canucks defeat Islanders | 5-2 (Hughes, Hronek, Pettersson, Myers, & Joshua) | WAGON

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Is it too early to start thinking about the playoff picture?

Pacific first round is going to be a bloodbath.

If we can avoid the Golden Knights and Kings and let them cannibalize each other over a 7 game series, that would be huge.

Even better if we can get a matchup like Nashville in the first round on top of that.

Reactions: Indiana

dealwithit

Apr 10, 2011
Vancouver
So I'd say it's a given that Allvin and Rutherford are going to add at the deadline. The question is, do we agree with it? Are we buyers at the deadline and take a run at the cup for what may be one off miracle season or do we stay conservative and let the next few years play out for what could be a possible contention window?

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
So I'd say it's a given that Allvin and Rutherford are going to add at the deadline. The question is, do we agree with it? Are we buyers at the deadline for what may be one off miracle season or do we stay conservative and let the next few years play out for what could be a possible contention window?
Would be foolish not to add to this team. This IS the contention window that has been pried open

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
It’s f***ing unbelievable the huge leap this team has taken. Brought in competent management who then identified the right coach and upgraded the roster with good support players on great contracts. Reading that, it seems so damn simple.

This season is beyond everyone’s wildest expectations, even the team President’s.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Wow, there is some magic happening right now. I couldn't believe we were playing so good on a road b2b. Our D with Soucy Myers and Zadorov poking pucks loose all over the place feels like being wrapped in a cozy blanket.
This is so important. All these guys in support roles just works.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Is it too early to start thinking about the playoff picture?

Pacific first round is going to be a bloodbath.

If we can avoid the Golden Knights and Kings and let them cannibalize each other over a 7 game series, that would be huge.

Even better if we can get a matchup like Nashville in the first round on top of that.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
So I'd say it's a given that Allvin and Rutherford are going to add at the deadline. The question is, do we agree with it? Are we buyers at the deadline and take a run at the cup for what may be one off miracle season or do we stay conservative and let the next few years play out for what could be a possible contention window?
I don't want to really screw with this line up. They all seem to like each other and be playing well.

I hope that Petey decides that winning is the most important thing and that this is the place to do it.

I think the only thing they need to do is add depth that can weather the playoffs. Sadly, the only way to do that is with players that we can send to Abby because they don't have to clear waivers. Players like that are going to be damn near impossible to find.

Myers, Hronek and Zadorov are built for the grind of the playoffs. thats pretty much half of our defence. Soucy and Cole are decent size too.

We have Podkolzin sitting in Abby who should be able to weather the grind as a forward. Calling it now, he will come up as a depth piece and earn a spot and never go down again.

With regards to a post from the other thread, I repeat:

Between their price gouging during the pandemic, and some of the worst commercials in history, I may never shop at Save On Foods Again.

They are the nearest store to me, and I don't think I have been in there in a 6 months. And I have to go to that mall to go to the liquor store.

Reactions: Indiana and drax0s

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
We’re going to wake up one random work day in February to see that Allvin and Jim have traded our 1st and prospects for a legit 2nd line rental and defensive depth

And I can’t wait

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad