Post-Game Talk: [GM31] Canucks lose to Wild in SO| 1-2 (Blueger) | Acceptable

cc

Feb 28, 2002
These afternoon games are such a curse. I feel like you can assemble an AHL team to play against the Canucks and they will still find a way to lose.

Reactions: Indiana

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Fought the puck all game. Bobbled it regularly, and passes were rarely on the tape. Part of that was the Wild playing well and pressuring, but overall, nucks played sloppy. BS morning game, wtf? Brought their C game, and still picked up a point. I'll take it.

Reactions: Indiana

cc

Feb 28, 2002
So maybe a light practice where the team just passes the puck around is in order considering how bad it was today.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I protest the acceptable declaration in the title. Minnesota is a marginal team with internal strife and we should have won this game easily given the power plays.

My concern has little to do with Minnesota and much to do with our team having a hard time maintaining a standard of play. With the randomness of hockey, your going to lose games… but we need to execute.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'd like to know what the Canucks record is when they start an Eastern road-trip with basically a morning hockey game. I can only guess how atrocious it is.

So that's the Canucks excuse....but what about the Wild? This was like watching two teams in a mud-wrestling match at center ice. Even OT was a complete dud.

The biggest losers, other than Canuck fans who spent three hours on Sportsnet they'll never get back, were the paying customers at the Excel Energy Center.

Rarely have I seen the top players on the Canucks look worse. An almost invisible night for Hughes, Miller and Pettersson. Even Boeser struggled in his old home town.

Oh well, a point in Minnesota is like a victory. So it's on the Chicago. where it can't seriously get any worse, can it?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
God, afternoon games suck. Every single one we play is terrible.

Meh. Got a point when nothing was working, move on.
Cause we never have them. Just not used to them. Eastern teams have them all the time once the nfl is finished. Only good part of these early games is that teams get a good nights sleep. Fly to Chicago and have a team meal and rest up for the next game. Repeat and head to Nashville after the Chicago game.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I protest the acceptable declaration in the title. Minnesota is a marginal team with internal strife and we should have won this game easily given the power plays.

My concern has little to do with Minnesota and much to do with our team having a hard time maintaining a standard of play. With the randomness of hockey, your going to lose games… but we need to execute.
Again, these types of early (different time zone ) games are usually an automatic loss for the Canucks...De Smith made some key saves in the 3rd.

Wild are now 7-3-0 in their last ten, under their new coach

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Again, these types of early (different time zone ) games are usually an automatic loss for the Canucks...De Smith made some key saves in the 3rd.

Wild are now 7-3-0 in their last ten, under their new coach
We are a work in progress, no doubt. I get that we have struggles with early games and different time zones. These are natural. But we have also developed a bit of a habit of coming out of the gates slow and having to relay on exceptional goaltending. This is something we need to resolve, as games get tougher and when the playoffs start (and we play better teams with more frequently) we will find ourselves in holes constantly. This team is learning to win, and defining itself. I think you can control some elements of that process but not all. One area you can control is being ready at game time for the games. Both teams started the game at the same time.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Based on the comments here, glad I missed majority of this game.

Caught the last few mins of reg + that exhilarating OT + SO.

Take the point and run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad