Post-Game Talk: [GM3] Canucks lose to Flyers | 0-2 | Ugly

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
Yes, he was the best Canuck on the ice aside from Demko and one of the only guys consistently competing.

No, don’t you understand? Miller once upon a time mismanaged his emotions, and then he acknowledged it, has worked on it, and hasn’t thrown a pissfit in a calendar year. But because the team couldn’t beat a drunk midget team at the time, it’s all his fault.

Reactions: B-rock

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Could be Tocchet needs to learn a thing or two about managing the Canucks travel schedule. A tough practice the day before the first game of a long road-trip might work for some teams.....but not when you've travelled 4,000 miles across the continent.

Canucks looked gassed at times tonight......and didn't come close to matching the Flyers energy level. Those early starts in the first game of Eastern Time Zone have been a killer for the Canucks over the years.

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
Could be Tocchet needs to learn a thing or two about managing the Canucks travel schedule. A tough practice the day before the first game of a long road-trip might work for some teams.....but not when you've travelled 4,000 miles across the continent.

Canucks looked gassed at times tonight......and didn't come close to matching the Flyers energy level. Those early starts in the first game of Eastern Time Zone have been a killer for the Canucks over the years.
They bumped the schedule up last minute, I wouldn’t read this far into a Game 3 result. How they respond next game is imperative, they either do the usual and cave or they’ll bounce back.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Thank lord Beauvillier's contract is up at the end of the season. He brings absolutely nothing to the table most nights.

Guy will be signing a PTO next season at this rate.

Reactions: bh53

DimitriL07

Jan 24, 2023
Vancouver BC
Garland drives me up a wall. Most of the time he’s doing pointless spins or holding the puck for too long, but when he has a premium chance like tonight he lets it go to early. That muffin shot on the grade A chance was pathetic.

Reactions: bh53

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'm no expert, but flying west to east was always brutal for me. Took me 2 days to stop nodding off. I also know people who are not affected at all.
I tend to agree that the extra tough skate at practice yesterday might have been a mistake.

Yeah. For whatever reason, the West --> East jetlag always just wrecked me. Going the other way was nbd.

Not sure if that's really an excuse that holds water here, especially considering the practice. But certainly could be a factor.

But anyway...i missed this game. Gonna catch up on some summaries here, but safe to assume the Cup Parade is canceled? Or at least put on hold for now?

Reactions: Canuckle1970

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
What's your favourite coffee? I don't personally drink the stuff outside of a few of those sugarbomb Frappuccinos from Starbucks in the past.
Definitely caffè mocha.

If it’s just coffee someone making and they ask me, I’ll do 2 cream and no sugar.

Thank you for asking, it means a lot to me.

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Definitely caffè mocha.

If it’s just coffee someone making and they ask me, I’ll do 2 cream and no sugar.

Thank you for asking, it means a lot to me.
I like coffee flavoured things. Coffee cake, coffee ice cream, whatever. I just haven't ever picked up the routine in beverage form. I'm more likely to grab a pop in the AM if I am feeling a spot laggy.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Yeah. For whatever reason, the West --> East jetlag always just wrecked me. Going the other way was nbd.

Not sure if that's really an excuse that holds water here, especially considering the practice. But certainly could be a factor.

But anyway...i missed this game. Gonna catch up on some summaries here, but safe to assume the Cup Parade is canceled? Or at least put on hold for now?
Yeah, no Cup Parade for a couple of years, at least. :cool:

Lots of work still to do. I just hope this game was the bad apple of the trip and we play well the rest of the way.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Last game we won against the oilers they got a bag skate.
Wonder what the coach has in store for the bois after an embarassing loss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad