Post-Game Talk: [GM21] Canucks defeat Kraken | 5-1 (Blueger, Joshua, Lafferty, Hoglander, & Mikheyev) | Return of Aman

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
This pettersson I simply don't recognize
low IQ plays, the goal against could majority be placed on him thinking he is Ken Griffey instead of getting his body in front of it
spending entire shifts chasing
Screen Shot 2023-11-24 at 9.42.30 PM.png

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Demko and the early PKers won the game.

Not a bad effort outside of some bad penalties and that lull to begin the 2nd period.

Some of the depth players looking good.

Boeser is so frustrating to watch. A player like him that offers nothing except goal scoring should not be flubbing so many prime chances.

Pettersson didn't look as meek in this game but still not doing much.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Basically a bottom 6 victory, and all of those guys deserve it. After the bad early penalty, Hoglander was lights out.

Concerning that Cole had another pretty awful game. Juulsen, aside from that bonehead play in the 1st leading to a point blank chance against, was actually alright. Demko obviously bailed the team out early on.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i had a work thing so i just got home. but whoa wtf?

5-1 win and no goals on the PP, zero pts by petey, miller, boeser, or kuz. hughes just with one second assist.

and just as we were all bemoaning how the depth god bless them couldn’t score and had a ceiling of sawing off.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Kinda hope Petey flames out a bit the next month or two to lower his cap hit for us down the road. If he is still number 3 in scoring on the team by New Years it really undermines his ability to ask for 12M in my opinion.
Games like this lower his ask by at least 100k in my books.

So he's already down to like 11.5M lol.

Reactions: Indiana

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
Good follow up to the Colorado game.

Finish it off tomorrow and head home after a solid road trip.

Really liked Aman, Hog, Joshua, and Miller up front. Wonder who draws out tomorrow for Kuz. I would sit Beau but I'm guessing it's probably Aman.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
i had a work thing so i just got home. but whoa wtf?

5-1 win and no goals on the PP, zero pts by petey, miller, boeser, or kuz. hughes just with one second assist.

and just as we were all bemoaning how the depth god bless them couldn’t score and had a ceiling of sawing off.
I found it weird that the depth was getting criticized during the Colorado game, since the Pettersson line has been the worst for a while now. Garland/Joshua and Lafferty/Hoglander makes our depth really viable (at least on offence).

Last edited:

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Demko & the bottom 6 came through in a big way, and credit to Hughes/Hronek putting that one out of reach with their regular magic on the Laff goal.

Boeser is going to have nightmares tonight, he had so many chances. Petey wasn't great again but I thought Miller's line was actually pretty solid.

Also they should keep Hronek on PP1 even once Kuz is back, that PP has been too tentative lately we need a guy like Hronek who loves to shoot & can hammer it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad