Post-Game Talk: [GM20] Canucks lose to Avalanche | 2-5 (Hoglander & Miller) | Ref Show

BrendanGaunce4Selke

Oct 11, 2023
Overall I am happy with the way the team played. I dont think the Canucks had too much puck luck in this one.

Pettersson, Kuzmenko and Boes need to find a way to bump their slumps.
no puck luck at all and the whole 2nd period was a joke, the reffs put the whistles away completely in the third

im not reading too much into this one too much

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Nothing from this game suggests we couldn't hang with the Avs in a 7 game series. Would have liked more from a couple of our best players, but a bounce or two goes our way we take this game. Satisfied with the effort, disappointed not to get a point.

Yeah, nothing wrong with that performance really.

Played a very good team - who have been on fire lately - level on the road, could have had a different result with a few breaks in a bit of a weird game.

They need to get Pettersson sorted. He’s just not right.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
jeez ... fans eh? hehe..

boeser is fine for now, he's working and battling, IT'S THERE.. line needs a jolt.
hoglander is fine in his deployment - his deployment is why he is playing good - that is the stage he's at
mikheyev needs to go with laffery and hoglander and just forecheck

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
to be honest i thought the team played pretty well.

the garland beauvillier joshua bluerg group continue to not actually be productive but create chances

hoglander/lafferty continue to be productive and fun to watch

i thought kuzmenko played a good game today and i don't get the complaining. mikheyev eh, pettersson really, really bad. like i said, 2021 emil pettersson / WD linden vey vibe type game today.

miller continues to play really well. boeser has really quieted and so has PDG in terms of being noticeable on the forecheck.

i thought juulsen was fantastic honestly. probably the best D tonight. Myers was ok. Cole just had too many old man getting tired moments. Hughes I thought was just whatever. Not good, not bad. And I think I lean towards the "i think we should be careful about this hronek extension" contingent because I'm not an overly huge fan? but i'm also a hypocrite because i'm a firm believer in just getting top four d and that fans or management overthink it and then you end up trading john marino or something

the tldr of this is that the team needs two more D and another big, energy guy with some scoring prowess.. and pettersson to pettersson again

Last edited:

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Canucks forward group is built around a two-headed monster offensively and only one of them is going. When Pettersson isn't going you see a trickle down effect to other players like Kuze

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Piss Poor Petey is back. Falling on his face every shift.

Fan boys won’t accept it but despite somehow having so many points dude is straight ass the last little while.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Pettersson stubbornly playing through injuring or whatever he's going through is going to cost him millions. He can argue all he wants about points but the 8M Miller is outplaying him by a damn mile right now.

Okay? So you're basing your comment off the last 7 (random number?) games because why exactly?

Because it's JC. He has to weight everything towards the negative. While yes, we've been noticeably worse lately, our last ten is 6-4-0.

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
Actually thought they played well for the most part.

Still prone to some soft mistakes that are frustrating to watch at times. Becoming apparent that there is still quite a bit of dead weight to be cleared from the roster.

Defense is going to be paper thin if Friedman and/or Myers are still out by next game.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Disappointing ending but we played a relatively decent game overall. I felt we carried the play for good chunks of the game and all respect to the Avs, Georgiev made some spectacular saves to keep them in it and they counter punched us when it mattered.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Im probably alone on this island but

I actually dont think Petey and his line had a bad game, pretty decent actually just no puck luck

Obviously you expect better from Pettersson

EP was a beat behind and falling everywhere. Kuz has played some of his best hockey 3 of the last 4 games, and carried that on tonight. Dam hopefully breaks soon. Mikheyev was okay.

Would like to see that line shuffled. Probably take Mikheyev off and try someone else there.

• Love
Reactions: VanillaCoke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad