Post-Game Talk: [GM18] Canucks lose 4-3 to the Kracken

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
More like Tim Hortons vs Starbucks

Starting to get banged up a bit.
Haven't had to deal with anything negative yet so far this year but might be starting soon.

Demko, Pettersson, Miller and Hughes, Hronek, Boeser, next?

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Wolanin and Woo should be up here over Juulsen and Hirose.

Wolanin would of been called up ahead of Hirose but he was injured. I even understand with Tocchet over Juulsen. I don’t think there is a coach that would go with the unproven Woo over the “proven” veteran in Juulsen in this situation. They need to go with someone else though as Juulsen is a liability. I would be surprised if Tocchet doesn’t see this, but even great coaches have their biases.

BrendanGaunce4Selke

Oct 11, 2023
Canucks facing their first serious adversity of the season......with injuries mounting. This will be a tough game against the Kraken, who are coming off a SO win over the Islanders.

Five-on-five scoring is starting to dry up, and if the Canucks don't draw any penalties and get on the PP, they're usually in for a tough night.

In the NHL, it's all about 'managing your losses', no matter how bad the schedule is. Maybe lose two but then nip it in bud and win a few, or even get loser points.

Hopefully tomorrow night the Canucks can find a way on NNIC.
their main adversity is having juulsen in the line up

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Don’t think we will fare well against a relentless forecheck. Can see ya losing this one.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Karlsson back to Abbotsford, Hirose recalled.

Likely means Kuzmenko is good to go. Wonder if Hirose dresses for someone.

Please dress for Juulsen.
Please dress for Juulsen!

Do you think the people in the back heard? :laugh:

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Crazy. When the Canucks are playing, I actually Believe that they can win any game. We're beaten up right now and dealing with injuries, but what a refreshing feeling it is to have a team that gives it their all each night.

I honestly can't wait to watch Canucks games this year. I smile at work again in the mornings.

Reactions: Flik and wonton15

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Hooray, going back to what works on the defensive pairings.

It should also be noted that part of the reason that Hughes took some hits against Calgary was the total lack of puck support from Juulsen. Hughes was having to take the puck into tough areas because his usual outlets weren't there with Juulsen standing around cluelessly in the wrong places.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad