GM Meeting in Toronto - TONIGHT (Wed. Oct. 3)

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
For those who missed it in the "On my way" thread, Toronto-area GMs are meeeting downtown at Harbour Sports Grill (a stone's throw from the ACC) to watch the season opener between the Leafs and Sens.

Expected activities also include drinking, trash talk and trade negotiations.

If you're planning to come, note that you probably don't want to drive, since parking will all be a) full, or b) jacked up to "event rates" (i.e. as much as $30 to park). Better options are the TTC and the GO train, either of which will get you to Union Station, adjacent to the ACC. From there, just head south on Bay to Lakeshore, take a jog to the left and you're there. Details and map at the link below.

http://www.toronto.com/searchResults...orts Bars"

Confirmed so far:

Tony - NAS (all the way from Austria - that's dedication!)
Doug - CBJ
Nick - STL
Drew - DET
Dryden - CHI
Hasnain - NYI
Rob - BOS

Last edited:

Default101

wish i could come i'm about 2 1/2 hours away and i start working another job tonight, so i'm dissapointed i can't come but it sounds like a great idea, have fun.

i think it's intresting to note that the meeting will consist of 2 eastern conference teams (NYI/BOS) and the entire central division :P

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
wish i could come i'm about 2 1/2 hours away and i start working another job tonight, so i'm dissapointed i can't come but it sounds like a great idea, have fun.

i think it's intresting to note that the meeting will consist of 2 eastern conference teams (NYI/BOS) and the entire central division :P

Don't forget Reggie, I am there to meet Reggie who made me sign Tkutchuk and forced me into rebuilding. Perhaps I will able to get him drunk and convince him to sign off on all my outstanding Free Agency at league minimum.:sarcasm:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North

You found us out: we're plotting how to continue our Division's dominance as the toughest in the league. Hasnain and Rob are there as a smoekscreen.

In all seriousness, that is an odd coincidence, for which we can only thank Tony's travel schedule. I don't know that the Central Divison can actually continue to lay claim to being the toughest in the league, though -- the Pacific Division was a bloodbath last season, and the Atlantic is looking tough as well with an ascendent New Jersey and Pittsburgh leading the way.

PasiK

Jun 11, 2007
Paimio, Finland
flight tickets were too expensive for me to join*:(

but have fun and remember .. Tkachuk is available!

and try to found out answer to this...

HFNHL season first? 3-way deal negociated to be almost ready, who is going where and which teams are involved?

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
You found us out: we're plotting how to continue our Division's dominance as the toughest in the league. Hasnain and Rob are there as a smoekscreen.

In all seriousness, that is an odd coincidence, for which we can only thank Tony's travel schedule. I don't know that the Central Divison can actually continue to lay claim to being the toughest in the league, though -- the Pacific Division was a bloodbath last season, and the Atlantic is looking tough as well with an ascendent New Jersey and Pittsburgh leading the way.

Maybe we are there as a smokescreen but you know at the end that the cup will be going to Eastern Conference.:D

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
HFNHL season first? 3-way deal negociated to be almost ready, who is going where and which teams are involved?

If it goes down, it may well be a first for this young season, but the HFNHL has seen three-way deals in the past, and probably will again. They're much easier to negotiate in our league than they are in the NHL. (Still significantly harder than negotiating a simple two-team deal, however).

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Great to see everyone out, including our mystery guest, the elusive GM from Washington. ;) Also good to meet Tony, our honorary Torontonian, on loan from austria. I hope the rest of your stay in TO is as enjoyable as last night's festivities.

I'm sure all those of us who had to drag our sorry butts into the office this morning are regetting the late night, but what the heck - it's not every day we get to trash-talk seven other GMs (and one player agent) face to face.

All that and a post-game visit from Ottawa's "Daniel Alfredsson" - a fun evening all around!

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
in fact it was a great evening, i really enjoyed meeting everyone.

i still haven't figured out if that was actually daniel alfredsson :(

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
man... I really have to get my ass up to Toronto one of these days. Sounds like you guys had a great time! Any trade negotiations take place or was everyone too busy watching the Leafs/Sens and sucking down frosty ones? :)

Andrew Chang-Sang

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
Great to see everyone last night, it was fun. The only downer was that I got lost after dropping Doug off at the Burlington GO Station and didn't get to bed until 3:15am.

But definitely worth it.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Yeah it was good...even the 6 hours of drinking. been awhile since I drank that much. Go Sens Go!

It's also great to now be able to put faces to the names I keep seeing.

Armchair_Critic

Jun 14, 2007
Man... missed out again...

How about everyone put in their calender a date in feb 2010 and a place to meet each other in Vancouver. We can have a HFNHL GM meeting then... by that time... everyone should be graduated and saved up enough money to get there... :)

Anyone want to join me at the Gold medal game where Phaneuf cleans up Malkin like he did Olesz... ooooo that would be sweetness....

HFNHL Red Wings

It was indeed a great outing with the best turnout we've ever had.

Interesting how Nick and Rob were more contained than usual, and by that I'm referencing some of the more boisterous discussions we've had with fewer people in attendance. That said they did succeed in getting me going on a few discussions ;)

Dryden I'm with you on the drinking part. I haven't drunken that much in a long time. Way too many doubles (I didn't realize they were all doubles until the bill showed up) and so my productivity the following day at work was not at the level it needed to be. I'll have to train in advance of the next meeting. :cheers:

Default101

It was indeed a great outing with the best turnout we've ever had.

Interesting how Nick and Rob were more contained than usual, and by that I'm referencing some of the more boisterous discussions we've had with fewer people in attendance. That said they did succeed in getting me going on a few discussions ;)

Dryden I'm with you on the drinking part. I haven't drunken that much in a long time. Way too many doubles (I didn't realize they were all doubles until the bill showed up) and so my productivity the following day at work was not at the level it needed to be. I'll have to train in advance of the next meeting. :cheers:

haha trying to manage hangovers and do your normal tasks at work.. welcome to my world :)

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
since i'm going back home on wednesday, anybody interested/has time for another few drinks/dinner tomorrow?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad