NYC
:rangers

Jakob Chychrun (25% retained)
ARZ 2024 2nd Round Pick
ARZ 2024 4th Round Pick

:coyotes

Alexis Lafreniere
Ryan Lindgren
2023 1st Rounder (whichever is the highest of the two they have, lowest goes to STL for Tarasenko)
Will Cuylle
Bryce McConnell-Barker
Confirm

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

2023 1st Rounder
Ryan Suzkui
Jamieson Rees

:canes

Lawson Crouse
Miko Matikka

Carolina has agreed to pay a heavy price to acquire their primary target for this playoff run. While the loss of Suzuki and Rees will be felt in a few years, the time is now
for Carolina.
GM AslanRH believes Crouse is just now reaching his prime and is the perfect compliment to an already potent forward group. He also mentioned that he believes his contract may prove to be one of the most valuable in the league over the next few years.
He also mentioned that you could never have enough promising Finnish prospects in the system and was very excited to see how Matikka would develop over the next few years.

@TribalPhoenix to confirm

Reactions: Iwishihadaspacebar

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto

2023 1st Rounder
Ryan Suzkui
Jamieson Rees

Lawson Crouse
Miko Matikka

Carolina has agreed to pay a heavy price to acquire their primary target for this playoff run. While the loss of Suzuki and Rees will be felt in a few years, the time is now
for Carolina.
GM AslanRH believes Crouse is just now reaching his prime and is the perfect compliment to an already potent forward group. He also mentioned that he believes his contract may prove to be one of the most valuable in the league over the next few years.
He also mentioned that you could never have enough promising Finnish prospects in the system and was very excited to see how Matikka would develop over the next few years.

Confirm.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
:sabres

MacKenzie Weegar

:flames

Victor Olofsson
Henri Jokiharju
2023 4th

@uncleben to confirm.
as the founder of the weegar bandwagon fanclub appreciation society (wbfas), I am torn between
(1) buffalo swindled calgary as they got the best player; and
(2) justifiable as calgary has good defensive depth and were short an offensive winger...but it's still a net loss unless jokiharji levels up twice

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010

2023 1st Rounder
Ryan Suzkui
Jamieson Rees

Lawson Crouse
Miko Matikka

for Carolina.

underrated trade.

first glance you assume he's just being carried by Keller and Schmaltz until you realize that he's been with Bjugstad all season

he's been good relative to his teammates too. he's been performing as a midrange 2LW overall, so I would expect an uptick for him in carolina

Buffalo continues to load up

:sabres
Demko + Pettersson

:nucks
Savoie, Levi, Kulich, Ryan Johnson, 2024 1st*, 2023 2nd**

*If Buffalo retains their 2023 1st it becomes a 2025 1st and the middle of Buffalo's three 2023 2nds
**Pick will be the highest of Buffalos 2023 2nds

@My Cozen Dylan to confirm
wtf happened here

Demko has been trash all season, so on balance, this trade is...still a loss for Vancouver because none of the pieces they received will ever be within a tier of Pettersson let alone the same one

Reactions: LT

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Trade

To :avs

Travis Boyd
Jusso Valimaki

To :coyotes

Samuel Girard

It was tough to move Sammy, but the salary cap is a thing and this move gives up a good young player on the 3rd pairing and our solution at 4C as well as opening up some cap space this summer.

well that's selling low on Girard. wow. at evens the dude is rocking a 979 PDO with a save percentage of of .925.

sure he hasn't been great this year and you can successfully argue Byram supplanted him, but man, that is not the return you want for a guy good enough to be a supplemental #2 or carry a second pairing.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
that is not the best use of cap space going forward for the devils, but helps for making noise this season. anaheim gets okhotyuk who could top out as a shutdown #4
Henrique is only under contract for one more season, and Kuzmenko is already signed to a very reasonable contract. It’s not an issue, capwise.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
:rangers

Jakob Chychrun (25% retained)
ARZ 2024 2nd Round Pick
ARZ 2024 4th Round Pick

Alexis Lafreniere
Ryan Lindgren
2023 1st Rounder (whichever is the highest of the two they have, lowest goes to STL for Tarasenko)
Will Cuylle
Bryce McConnell-Barker
I don't see why NYR would spend assets on Chychrun. he's not going to be on PP1 over Fox. sure he's better than Lindgren, but Lafreniere is finally coming around on that line with Chytil and Kakko. at the same time, k'andre miller has really stepped up this season so it's not like the Rangers are hurting for an impact LD.

jimmy vesey is playing with Panarin and trocheck right now. if you're trading with Arizona, surely you're trying for Keller or at least Schmaltz

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
underrated trade.

first glance you assume he's just being carried by Keller and Schmaltz until you realize that he's been with Bjugstad all season

he's been good relative to his teammates too. he's been performing as a midrange 2LW overall, so I would expect an uptick for him in carolina

wtf happened here

Demko has been trash all season, so on balance, this trade is...still a loss for Vancouver because none of the pieces they received will ever be within a tier of Pettersson let alone the same one
Demko was playing hurt, came back too early, with a trash team in front of him. He is fully expected to bounce back as he is thought to be healthy again, and is now on a better team defensively. Adding Weegar will only help in limiting high danger chances.

Reactions: HockeyRulez

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Henrique is only under contract for one more season, and Kuzmenko is already signed to a very reasonable contract. It’s not an issue, capwise.
even with Tatar and others expiring, players like Bratt and Zetterlund need raises. Graves and Severson are UFA, and if they're not re-signed, then you're spending similar monies on UFA's (or more) to get comparable players.

you're not going to have the runway to squeeze teams out of a good player for cheap because they don't have cap space...because you're already going to be at the ceiling.

upcoming UFA market isn't great, but Henrique likely means you're out of Timo Meier by default

Demko was playing hurt, came back too early, with a trash team in front of him. He is fully expected to bounce back as he is thought to be healthy again, and is now on a better team defensively. Adding Weegar will only help in limiting high danger chances.
who fully expects him to bounce back? it certainly isn't everyone. Demko has injury-related question marks (way to go, groin) over his head as to whether he can return to that level of play.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
even with Tatar and others expiring, players like Bratt and Zetterlund need raises. Graves and Severson are UFA, and if they're not re-signed, then you're spending similar monies on UFA's (or more) to get comparable players.

you're not going to have the runway to squeeze teams out of a good player for cheap because they don't have cap space...because you're already going to be at the ceiling.

upcoming UFA market isn't great, but Henrique likely means you're out of Timo Meier by default

who fully expects him to bounce back? it certainly isn't everyone. Demko has injury-related question marks (way to go, groin) over his head as to whether he can return to that level of play.
15 games, not all of them bad, behind a Defensively Void team is too small a sample size I'd say.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I don't see why NYR would spend assets on Chychrun. he's not going to be on PP1 over Fox. sure he's better than Lindgren, but Lafreniere is finally coming around on that line with Chytil and Kakko. at the same time, k'andre miller has really stepped up this season so it's not like the Rangers are hurting for an impact LD.

jimmy vesey is playing with Panarin and trocheck right now. if you're trading with Arizona, surely you're trying for Keller or at least Schmaltz
Yeah it’s not realistic but just for fun.

I doubt they would even give Laf and a 1st irl

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Yeah it’s not realistic but just for fun.

I doubt they would even give Laf and a 1st irl
Well, yeah, but my issue is in identifying need.

Panarin - Trocheck - Tarasenko
Kreider - Zibanejad - Jimmy Vesey
Lafreniere - Chytil - Kakko
Motte - Goodrow - Kravtsov

Kakko should remain stapled to Chytil. If Lafreniere gets punted out, you gotta replace Jimmy Vesey. The RW need diminished with Tarasenko coming in, but it's still there.

If I'm NYR trading with Arizona where I'm giving up Lafreniere and a 1st, I better be getting Schmaltz and some sweeteners at the bare minimum. At least I can move Goodrow into the vacated 3LW.

Upgrading Lindgren isn't the right call if you have to choose between him and Vesey.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
For more context, Lafreniere has posted 2.2/EVP the past two months, which is top six productions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad