GM Editor Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlanta GM

Feb 27, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
Hey guy's....

I just bought a new fancy pants computer... but I forgot how to get the GM editor working on XP. Last time I think I had to install version 1, but this time XP will not let me install it... Anyone recently installed the editor in XP?

Muchos Gracias...
Corey

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Atlanta GM said:
Hey guy's....

I just bought a new fancy pants computer... but I forgot how to get the GM editor working on XP. Last time I think I had to install version 1, but this time XP will not let me install it... Anyone recently installed the editor in XP?

Muchos Gracias...
Corey

I just happened to do this today on my laptop which is running XP. It seems to work so far. Guess I'll find out when I sim my first game and fine myself.

I went to fhlsim.com (http://www.fhlsim.com/gmeditor.html) and chose the Version 1.2 beta - 2002 link. Because I hate to save files I chose open...then zipped the files to a folder on my C: drive that I called HFNHL and clicked on setup.exe in that folder.

Hope that makes sense...if it doesn't then MSN me tomorrow afternoon.

One thing I do find funny is that my win2K machine has my team correctly while my winXP laptop doesn't. I've downloaded the GMfiles today on both machines and one gets the correct file (has Ron Francis) while the XP one does not. Guess I'll be using the win2K machine to Sim games!

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I had to have my hard-drive reformatted, and therefore I have to install all my programs again. I'm having problems installing the GM Editor again. It's a laptop with Windows XP. I can download it, and extract it and all that. But when I try to install it, I get this Visual Basic 5.0 Setup Toolkit thing, that says it has encountered a problem, and the installation stops.

Any GM Editor genuises, got any advice.

P.S. Sorry Drew for my inability to do my lines. I know I have some injuries, but I can't get this GM Editor downloaded and thus, I can't do my lines. Please bear with me.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Hossa said:
I had to have my hard-drive reformatted, and therefore I have to install all my programs again. I'm having problems installing the GM Editor again. It's a laptop with Windows XP. I can download it, and extract it and all that. But when I try to install it, I get this Visual Basic 5.0 Setup Toolkit thing, that says it has encountered a problem, and the installation stops.

Any GM Editor genuises, got any advice.

P.S. Sorry Drew for my inability to do my lines. I know I have some injuries, but I can't get this GM Editor downloaded and thus, I can't do my lines. Please bear with me.

Not much of an expert but try downloading this file MS VB 6.0 Runtime support (for v1.3 and above) at http://www.fhlsim.com/downloads/

Hope that works

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Hossa said:
Thanks for the suggestion Dryden, but so far, it hasn't worked. Anybody else have any creative ideas.

go to the GMEditor site on FHLSim and d/l version 1. Its working for me. Nothing works better than the original. :)

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I have it installed. IT took well over an hour and I had to have Keith (BlueandWhite-present GM hopeful) walk me through every stage at least once, but it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad