GDT: GM 81 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Flames | Tues, Apr 16 | 7:00PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

It's the Return of the King!

giphy.gif

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks just need one, single measly point to clinch the Pacific. Even an OT loss would do it.

Game makes me nervous though. Calgary will be gunning to spoil the party, and stick it to Zadorov and Lindholm, who backed their way out of town. And then there's the Kuzy 'revenge game' factor.

Canucks need a fast start to discourage them. If they let them hang around, it could be a repeat of the last home game against the nomadic Coyotes.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
It's also bothering me that Canucks can still finish first in the west and end up facing LA/Vegas in Wildcard#2.

Nothing is set in stone yet, and I hate assumptions.
It's like thinking you won the game when you're the Canucks and up 3-0 after 20 mins...

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The Canucks absolutely do not have the division locked up and it’s bothering me that local media are talking like they do. There are only two games left!
One point gained by VAN or one point dropped by EDM clinches it though.

No, it's not 100% but it's getting solidified.

The bizarre part is that he’s a concussion victim himself, you’d think going through that would make you think twice before doing it to someone else but nope. He won’t fight due to his own concussion history and throws cheapshots so eventually things will boil over with opponents and even his own teammates
He's already likely got brain damage himself. Can't fault him too much for not being able to think through this clearly.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
It's also bothering me that Canucks can still finish first in the west and end up facing LA/Vegas in Wildcard#2.

Nothing is set in stone yet, and I hate assumptions.
It's like thinking you won the game when you're the Canucks and up 3-0 after 20 mins...
If we win out and win the West, I won't be complaining. Still very possible that Vegas passes Nashville as well.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
One point gained by VAN or one point dropped by EDM clinches it though.

No, it's not 100% but it's getting solidified.
I’m aware of the math, obviously, but it’s hardly craaaazy that in this very small sample size that Vancouver would go two games without getting a point, especially if feeling the pressure. It’d be another parallel with the 2002-03 season that keeps flashing before my eyes. And then Edmonton has a soft end to their season which they’re already taking advantage of, so also not a crazy thought.

Don’t get me wrong, I recognize it’s probably going to work out, but the counterfactual isn’t really all that farfetched as some have made it sound, and I found it odd how many were declaring the race over when we aren’t a market with the sports fortune record of, like, Boston or Tampa.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I’m aware of the math, obviously, but it’s hardly craaaazy that in this very small sample size that Vancouver would go two games without getting a point, especially if feeling the pressure. It’d be another parallel with the 2002-03 season that keeps flashing before my eyes. And then Edmonton has a soft end to their season which they’re already taking advantage of, so also not a crazy thought.

Don’t get me wrong, I recognize it’s probably going to work out, but the counterfactual isn’t really all that farfetched as some have made it sound, and I found it odd how many were declaring the race over when we aren’t a market with the sports fortune record of, like, Boston or Tampa.
Yeah I wouldn't characterize it as a 100% sure thing, but it's very likely and if people want to use that assumption to start projecting playoff matchups, that seems fine to me.

EDM ends on a B2B with ARI and COL. They just lost to ARI, and going on the road to Denver, on the backend of a B2B, is always a tough out. I also just think VAN gets it done tonight anyway.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
If we win out and win the West, I won't be complaining. Still very possible that Vegas passes Nashville as well.

I think for us - LA is the team to avoid. So as long as its not them - I'm happy.

Reactions: Sonny A

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

It's not crazy, it's just statistically very unlikely. Almost not worth worrying about. If they choke on it, oh well, but it's not very likely they do.

Reactions: theguardianII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad